Battlescribe and Forge World

Helycon

Hey all,

A lot has changed from 7th to 8th and a lot of it for the better. One thing hasn't for me, and I'm hoping I'm just being daft...

I have issues adding Forge World units in Battlescribe for my Dark Angels. I know there is an Adeptus Astartes FW catalogue, but that doesn't include anything else. The regular Dark Angels entry doesn't have the FW entries. I realise I can use a parent and child and add the points, but if I miss a relic rule or mess up Force Organisation slot and 'cheat' my way into CP's that doesn't feel right.

In 7th, you could simply check a box to add FW entries, which was easy as ever and quick to create a list with. Am I just completely missing this option that does exist somewhere, or has this simple process been removed.

Thanks for the help!

You’re not being daft, the new way the current catalogues are set up is less than ideal, but it’s what we’ve got until someone decides to go and combine the FW catalouge into the SM/BA/DA/SW/GK catalogues and writes in the relic rule as a condition. Depending on your patience and drive, it is feasible to combine the catalogues yourself using the PC software, but I’ve already given that a shot and decided to leave it in the hands of more capable people than I (I badly broke the catalogues into uselessness).

Thanks for the response.

I've toyed with the idea in my mind, but I reckon I couldn't make it work either.

I'm both glad and annoyed I haven't missed it though! :P