Raptor list for LVO

Entry1

Hey All!! 

Its been some time since I played 40k and have the opportunity to go to LVO so I took it.  Why not jump head first into the deep end.  Just looking to have a good time, meet people and roll some dice. Any rate spent the last few months lurking and building this is what I came up with.  I fell in love with the Raptor's color scheme and fluff so I started from scratch and built an army.   Soon as I can figure out how to post pictures I will do so.  In the meantime thanks for looking and CC is very welcome...esp if my math is wrong. 

Cheers,

Brian 

Space Marine Raptor’s Brigade: 2000pts
Command points: 12

Headquarters: 389pts
1.     Chapter Master Lias Issodon 195pts

• Malice, Raptorclaw, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades

2.    Space Marine Captain 114pts

• Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, frag/krak grenade

]3.      Space Marine Lieutenant 80pts

• Jump Pack, Chainsword, Stormbolter, frag/krak grenades

Troops: 386pts
1.      Space Marine Scouts (5) 55pts

• Sergeant with bolt pistol, combat knife, frag/krak grenades
  • bolt pistol, combat knife, frag/krak grenades

]2.      Space Marine Scouts (5) 55pts

• Sergeant with Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades
  • Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades

3.     Space Marine Scouts (5) 55pts

4.      Space Marine Scouts (5) 55pts

5.     Space Marine Tactical Squad (5) 75pts

• Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenade
  • Heavy Bolter

6.      Space Marine Intercessor Squad (5) 91pts

• Sergeant with Bolt Rifle, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades
  • Bolt Rifle, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenade
  • Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

Elites 435pts

1.      Space Marine Sternguard Squad (10) 185pts

• Sergeant with Special Issue Bolter, Power Axe, frag/krak grenades
  • Special Issue Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenade

2.      Space Marine Aggressor Squad (5) 185pts

• Auto Bolt Storm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

3.     Space Marine Company Ancient 65pts

• Stormbolter, frag/krak grenades

Heavy Support: 679pts

1.      Space Marine Devastator Squad (6) 183pts

• Sergeant with Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades and Signum
  • Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades (x1)[/size]
  • ]Missile Launcher, Bolt Pistol, frag/krak grenades (4x)
  • Armorium Cherub

2.     Space Marine Devastator Squad (5) 166pts

• Sergeant with Storm Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades and Signum
  • Heavy Bolter, bolt pistol, frag/krak grenades (x1)
  • Grav Cannon and Amp, Bolt Pistol, frag/krak grenades (3x)
  • Armorium Cherub

3.      Space Marine Hellblaster Squad (10) 330pts

• Sergeant with Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol frag/krak grenades
  • Plasma Incinerator, bolt pistol frag/krak grenades

Fast Attack: 111pts

1.      Tarantula Sentry Gun 37pts

• Twin Heavy Bolters

2.     Tarantula Sentry Gun 37pts

• Twin Heavy Bolters

3.      Tarantula Sentry Gun 37pts

• Twin Heavy Bolters
Edited by Entry1

Here are some photographs, I need to finish the bases but the painting is done.  Thanks for looking

Brian 

Captian, LT, Lias and  Banner

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0908_6.jpg

Aggressors 

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0906_3.jpg

Intercessors 

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0905_2.jpg

Missile Launcher Devs

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0904_2.jpg

Grav Cannon Devs 

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0902_2.jpg

edit...here are my Sternguard 

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/bl0203/IMG_0901_4.jpg

Edited by Entry1

There are some very interesting ideas happening here. Close ups will be needed to drool over ... I mean, to scrutize for investigation. Yes, yes indeed.

Oh, and a tank. Yes, yes very indeed.

:P

Very nice, the gritty paint scheme works well for your guys.

As for the list, I'd just have 2 comments: The 4 missile launchers seem a bit excessive. One might be nice for the Flakk Missile stratagem, but every other could be replaced by a lascannon, as it's the same points, but straight-up better against vehicles. You already got hordes covered, better AT might give an edge over the versatility of missile launchers. Second thing, why not split up the hellblasters to 2 squads? Doesn't cost a single point more, but tieing them up in close combat will be harder, they become all but immune to morale, and there will be shots wasted when wiping out one squad with overkill.

Give the Captain with the chainsword and hammer the Teeth of Terra relic.

It adds d3 extra attacks instead of just one. It's +1 strength, -2 AP, and 2 damage per hit.

And it's totally free because you don't have a relic in your list yet.

Give the Captain with the chainsword and hammer the Teeth of Terra relic.

It adds d3 extra attacks instead of just one. It's +1 strength, -2 AP, and 2 damage per hit.

And it's totally free because you don't have a relic in your list yet.

With recent experience...if that guy is to stick around for at least a while, give him Armour Indomitus instead. No other way to get 2+ armour for a generic captain otherwise, at least he won't die to massed fire that easily. And won't need a storm shield, as the armour already provides a 3++ for one round. Always chose relic armour for my biker hammer captain, always worth it. As countercharge/distraction unit, it pays off more to stick around and be a threat, than maybe take off slightly more wounds and die after that.

Thanks for the help guys!!

As far as the missile launchers I'm not sure what my mindset was when I picked them over lascannons.  Although I do like the look so rule of cool? I've had decent luck against hordes with the frag and it seems all the large stuff I find myself targeting with Krak Missiles has an invulnerable save.   But I think your right maybe a 2 Las-2 ML split would be more efficient.   

I run the 10 man Hellblasters with the Banner and Aggressors and use Strike from the shadows, so it mainly to save on command point costs, plus I use the relic banner so it makes them immune to morale.  But splitting them is definitely food for thought.   I really like the Armor Indomitus and its always a toss up between that and Teeth of Terra for Lieutenant for an extra command point.    I've had good results with both depending on the enemy and the relic banner seems to be a no brainer.   

Cheers, 

Brian 

No CP expenditure needed for just one relic. You only have to spend CP if you want more than 1.

And the reason for lascannons over missile launchers is strength, not AP. There are a lot of things out there with T8, including most tanks and Magnus (who you will definitely see at LVO). S8 wounds T8 on 4s, while S9 wounds T8 on 3s. Your chance of wounding goes from 50% to 66%.

Race, are you a psyker? I didn't give any lascannon advice until after you posted that.

Edited by Claws and Effect

As for the lascannons, I definitely think the AP is another reason, not just strength. But I'm mostly facing heavy vehicles, rarely monsters/primarchs. Those don't have invuls, but T8 and good save, against which lascannons are simply better. Depends on your meta...

I run the 10 man Hellblasters with the Banner and Aggressors and use Strike from the shadows, so it mainly to save on command point costs, plus I use the relic banner so it makes them immune to morale.

Okay, with SftS and banner it does make sense to keep them together. Losing such expensive models to morale would have been a waste, and agressors nearby should keep them out of CC trouble.

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all the comments and help. I have been frantically trying to put the finishing touches on my models, which includes the water effects to the bases. Here is is a quick up date of what I've accomplished today. I'm using the secret weapon water effects which is pretty good stuff, its just takes 24 hours to dry.

med_gallery_41864_14135_1550155.jpg

Also here is my display board, I'm using the Battle Foam Magna Rack, since I'm flying to Vegas I figured this would really be the best way to do it. I used camo netting for an added touch. I'd be curious to know your thoughts on using this as a display board, because I will also be using it for army transport.

gallery_41864_14135_1030737.jpg

med_gallery_41864_14135_455180.jpg

med_gallery_41864_14135_506781.jpg

and finally my space babies for my two dev squads...As always thanks for looking!

Cheers, Brian

med_gallery_41864_14135_524892.jpg

Edited by Entry1

Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back! It some what unorthodox for a display board but I figured with traveling it would be my best bet, its multi purpose and better then nothing.  :rolleyes:    The skull is an airbrush stencil  and I just thought it would go along with the theme of the space marines.  I wanted to stencil on a quote but I just fell short on time maybe I'll get that knocked out when I return.    As always and thanks for looking.

Brian 

Nice way to transport them, though I'm not sure what the skull is for.

As for the Raptors logo on there, do you have a high-resolution/vector graphic, or freehand it? I'd be interested in such a graphic file, because of reasons. :whistling:

Sorry I misunderstood your post i thought you were asking about the skull. I did the raptor symbol using "frisket paper" you can buy it at hobby lobby. It is just clear paper that is sticky on one side and you can make masks or stencils out of it. I literally enlarged the raptors symbol and traced it onto the paper. Then sprayed it with an air brush, hope that helps. Brian.

Edited by Entry1

Hey all thanks again for all the advice, I'm sitting at my gate sipping on a drink patiently waiting. My raptors survived their first encounter of the weekend infiltrating their way through security. If anyone is at the LVO please come say hello I'll buy you a drink. Cheers

Brian