Chapter Master Stratagem for DA Successor?

Joewavridr

So I went back over the new codex and noticed that we didn't have a strat for the chapter master upgrade. Does this mean we can not upgrade a company master to a chapter master as the reg SM can? What do I do if I want to field my successor chapter's master in a game, play him as a company master or use the strat from the SM dex?

DA successor players have been asking for that for years. Also, non Sammael bike masters. Just have to make sure with what we’ve got for now. If you’re just interested in building a narrative for your chapter I’d talk to your group about letting you custom make one.

Successor rules make no sense for DA (and in general). We cant have named characters represent successor heroes. But neither do we have rules to make our own Master of second company or Chapter Master. Edited by Stormxlr

Successor rules make no sense for DA (and in general). We cant have named characters represent successor heroes. But neither do we have rules to make our own Master of second company or Chapter Master.

There are a number of broader issues in play with this

Looking at our codex in relics of the rock there exclusively Dark Angels aside from 1 caveat, this means any further expansion of a successor chapter say in a campaign book won't overlap.

Also GW don't want to get mired in cross buffing issues the latest being the Fallout from the deamon book with people using stratagems & psychic powers designed for units from that book being applied to Deamon entries in codex Chaos SM units.

Honestly, the chapter master being missing from successor chapters is kinda bad, but there is only one Ravenwing, there is only one Jetbike in space marine use, and there is only one Deathwing.

Except every sm chapter can have a generic Captain on a bike, and by fluff we know that DA outfitted every successor with company worth of termintor armor. Currently successors have no way of fielding a chapter Master and in fluff we have met Chapter masters of successors even wearing terminator armor

Everybody please post of the Warhammer facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Warhammer-40000-1575682476085719/?ref=br_rs) and e-mail their rules team ( 40KFAQ@gwplc.com) to give your feedback.  They listen to feedback, but only if you submit it!

Done and done. But if they wanted to include the relevant unit datasheets it would have already been done. Im sure its not an oversight.

and until they give rules or special units that only certain dark angel successors can field, my DIY chapter will continue using dark angel rules and chapter traits since there are no other options in the codex.   That means, my successor game wise will still use special characters just converted up the way I feel fit and painted in my colors, and I will be danged if anyone tells me I can't use them since mine are not painted up in dark angels green.   Why...cause every space marine chapter is doing that by picking their own chapter tactics, and if they want Dark Angel successors to have that, then why didn't they come up with different chapter tactics for dark angels and their successors already in the codex.   That being said, it would be nice if I could create my own chapter master, especially since my successor is a primaris ultima founding one.   As it is, I am already converting a primaris Azrael stand in, sure he wont get the extra wound most primaris get, but darn it I want a cool looking character, and Azraels rules are better currently than a primaris captain. 

There is only one First Legion...we could do with rules for chapter masters, but there is only one master of the unforgiven.  I'd say it's perfectly appropriate to run Azrael in a Guardians of the Covenant list, for example, since he is their commander :wink:  And if Azrael orders Sammy to lead a force of Consecrators, that's fine, too.

It is very annoying that successors cannot have a proporre chapter master and master of the second Company

It would bè simple adding two stratagems that let you upgrade a Company master to chapter master (getting the innervosire circle rules) and a Talon master to master of the second

That would bè not perfect but at least useful for the ones Who love a successors chapter

The talon master would be a bit more difficult to upgrade (different BS, different abilities) and at that point wouldn't you just use Sableclaw anyway. (looks the same).  A stratagem for that change would make him a poor substitute for sable claw (re-roll 1s to hit, BS3, no Ignores cover, no relic weapon) and would need to make too many changes.  The Captain to Chapter master works because it only changes 1 rule, and everything else is the same.

It is very annoying that successors cannot have a proporre chapter master and master of the second Company

It would bè simple adding two stratagems that let you upgrade a Company master to chapter master (getting the innervosire circle rules) and a Talon master to master of the second

That would bè not perfect but at least useful for the ones Who love a successors chapter

Send an e-mail or FB post to GW! It's the only way they'll know there's demand for this kind of thing.

Send an e-mail or FB post to GW! It's the only way they'll know there's demand for this kind of thing.

I posted on FB, they replied and said use Azrael as Chapter Master for Successors and Sammael for Second Company. In other words they told me to " go f ur self"