Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Heresylab] Lord of Deliverance and upcoming units

Third party miniatures Heresylab

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

INQUISITORS Kickstarter LIve and fully funded.
https://www.kickstar...-stl?ref=e2mmup
7c3eee3824a3bdd3acf44aaa22dd6e68_origina

LORD OF DELIVERANCE coming on KS this week! https://bit.ly/2oj09oE 

72465470_933076533731464_525811322679669

Later this year also we will have our crusader army showing....

71692144_933041630401621_731904719351866

72276314_933041763734941_888294719519247

71969410_933041910401593_514314640980076

https://www.kickstar...es-a?ref=8wden5

Some of the models coming, and more on the KS page:
a28333c933e9d97bf9418f254ed079cb_origina

After succesfully delivering the 22000 miniatures from the first Kickstarter and receiving a very good feedback both on the quality and the look of the models, we are nw launching a new Kickstarter for the Sauberung Punisher Squad

https://www.kickstar...ref=creator_nav

4004b7d5c995ae4b2743270c264d78a2_origina

Some painted examples here:

8ef026d342399dc03ef8a0a78ee8ae56_origina

6d38f7a3edac59b6f087d79037341d93_origina

d78398cb0aef5922f26979cff5f59bcd_origina

OLD KICKSTARTER : https://www.kickstar...s-miniature-set

Hello everyone, not new to the forum, been following it for the past decade or so.... 

This is my first post with my new to be established company, hope to get some constructive and helpful critiques for my new project. 

Later will post some images of the work we are doing, in the meanwhile you can see some of it on our FACEBOOK page. Just seek HeresyLab 

We have a temporary website but we are working on the new version. 
Http://www.HeresyLab.com 

On the 6th of March I will be running a KS to fund the project, working on it here:  HERE

If you have any suggestion it will be more than welcome. 

NEW V.2 Victoria Vasilev
496be6_548fd43dcd584d95b10219e12639ba18~

26952122_542290409476747_319772437782817

Painted Elsina Hell by Den of Imagination who did a marvelous job.

30ab00ff19130a9ee542a782027dc84a_origina

Edited by Jolemai, 21 October 2020 - 08:08 PM.
Title & tags

• Honda, Gumo9, Imren and 5 others like this

HERESYLAB.COM - A new company specialized in highly detailed resin figurines.

Zodd1888

Zodd1888

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
The Colonel and Agnes are pretty awesome. Elsina as a warpsmith if I could somehow get some eight pointed stars on there...

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Tyr

The quality of female 40k miniatures from third-party companies is getting higher and higher. These are outstanding. I still don't understand the SHOOT HERE PLEASE low cut armour/tops on every miniature, but in most cases these would be an easy fix. Most of these are pretty close to believable warriors who happen to be female.

• Honda, GalaxyChief, Imren and 1 other like this

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,745 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
The Lady of Decay is just great, I like her best of all. Inquisitor is nice, too. Not so much the Colonel. Anyway, personal taste.

The 3D models are great, and they appear to translate well once cast.

I have no real knowledge of the industry beyond what interests me as a consumer, so take these thoughts with a grain of salt:

1.) If you’re selling to GW customers trying to find proxies for models they want to buy, find those popular units (and potentially those with outdated/poor sculpts) and offer a better alternative. I think catering to the Guard/Sisters as you’ve done is a good idea. The former are always looking for unique ways to represent their regiments.

2.) If your production can handle it, go for units as well as single models. The quality of your models and your artist’s skills are both very high. My personal opinion is that the quality is so much better compared to most other shops selling proxies for Imperial Guard, if you offered something unique, I think they’d do well.

3.) Chaos Renegades may be a good niche to look into. I’m biased, of course, but there are extremely limited models from Forge World in an army list with many many entries. If your prices were comparable, I think they’d sell well, especially with your name (Heresy Lab). Your stuff seems to have potential to be on par with GW or FW sculpts, whereas some other 3rd party stuff (which is somewhat mass produced, in fairness) just isn’t.

Again, I don’t know the logistics of any of this, so feel free to discount it completely, but I feel like the Renegades niche isn’t fully tapped right now, especially with high quality casts/models.
  • Hungry Nostraman Lizard and HeresyLab like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wargamer

Wargamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,155 posts

People laugh when I say that Female Space Marines will be canon this edition, but it's pretty damn obvious there's a market for them that, right now, GW cannot tap. If 8th and the Primaris push was done to up sales, it makes no sense to then ignore a market that can be exploited with nothing more complex or tasking than a sprue of plastic heads...

You've got some nice sculpts there. Agnes almost makes me want a Sisters detachment alone.

Edited by Wargamer, 21 January 2018 - 04:33 PM.

"Taekar!" - Supernovan motto, battle cry, insult and general-purpose word.

gallery_48988_11572_4635.png gallery_77459_13226_2824.png

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.
Those are some fine sculpts. I will definitely be backing for a handful of these.

I love the eldar model and Cataryna a lot.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.

People laugh when I say that Female Space Marines will be canon this edition, but it's pretty damn obvious there's a market for them that, right now, GW cannot tap. If 8th and the Primaris push was done to up sales, it makes no sense to then ignore a market that can be exploited with nothing more complex or tasking than a sprue of plastic heads...

You've got some nice sculpts there. Agnes almost makes me want a Sisters detachment alone.

There is a big market for female miniatures. It is really hard to understand why GW aren’t pushing forward with all speed and making some. Heck even single character models, a single SoB squad box or similar should be doable quickly.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

The Lady of Decay is just great, I like her best of all. Inquisitor is nice, too. Not so much the Colonel. Anyway, personal taste.

The 3D models are great, and they appear to translate well once cast.

I have no real knowledge of the industry beyond what interests me as a consumer, so take these thoughts with a grain of salt:

1.) If you’re selling to GW customers trying to find proxies for models they want to buy, find those popular units (and potentially those with outdated/poor sculpts) and offer a better alternative. I think catering to the Guard/Sisters as you’ve done is a good idea. The former are always looking for unique ways to represent their regiments.

2.) If your production can handle it, go for units as well as single models. The quality of your models and your artist’s skills are both very high. My personal opinion is that the quality is so much better compared to most other shops selling proxies for Imperial Guard, if you offered something unique, I think they’d do well.

3.) Chaos Renegades may be a good niche to look into. I’m biased, of course, but there are extremely limited models from Forge World in an army list with many many entries. If your prices were comparable, I think they’d sell well, especially with your name (Heresy Lab). Your stuff seems to have potential to be on par with GW or FW sculpts, whereas some other 3rd party stuff (which is somewhat mass produced, in fairness) just isn’t.

Again, I don’t know the logistics of any of this, so feel free to discount it completely, but I feel like the Renegades niche isn’t fully tapped right now, especially with high quality casts/models.

Thank you great input. 

Units and other models are next, starting with a KS on the 6th to see how it goes, based on that I will start to expand. I want to spend as much time as I can on models, go slow but deliver high quality and in time. 

As for other models they are coming...
26903646_543184729387315_895811773171374

26991819_543184732720648_972309564642941

And great input and critiques they are welcome as I can improve from them.

• Honda, Juggernut, Legionnaire of the VIIth and 1 other like this

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Those are some fine sculpts. I will definitely be backing for a handful of these.

I love the eldar model and Cataryna a lot.

happy.png - I am still working on prices but if it goes as I expect the biggest deal will have characters at less than 5$ each.
Current EB for 60$ if unlocked will go from 10 to 12 models. 

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,615 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Even though these models are really nice, it's not sure there is all that big a market for lots of female models? Perhaps, hopefully, for Heresylab at least! 
But female space marines does make me sad. There are soooo many opportunities for female models in 40k that fit the background perfectly, and if GW wants to, they could allow Sob/AdMec(/or a new human faction) genetically modified women warriors. No reason to retcon their own background when it already gives all the space for female marines you could want anyway.

@heresylabs. Perhaps a small market, but as someone currently engaged in a Necromunda campaign, all the gangs (except Goliaths and Escher) can definitely have both male and female fighters, so something inspired by those styles could perhaps be cool?

Oh, I would really like cultist-chan for my future chaos cult too! wub.gif

• lfhoule, Stoic Raptor and shandwen like this

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
Any plans for female Primarchs?
  • HeresyLab likes this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,745 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
The dual axe wielder is siiiiick! She’d make a great renegade commander/enforcer.
  • totgeboren and HeresyLab like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I think I'd get that female not-Noise Marine. Not for my army but just to have. I really don't dig the thought of female Space Marines. Not everything has to have both genders. Female Guardsmen, AdMech, Cultists, Xenos and so on anytime but please no female Space Marines just for the sake of having female super warrior.

• Honda, Arkangilos, Slave to Darkness and 3 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Very nice sculpts. I liked several of them.

Please do continue...

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I think I'd get that female not-Noise Marine. Not for my army but just to have. I really don't dig the thought of female Space Marines. Not everything has to have both genders. Female Guardsmen, AdMech, Cultists, Xenos and so on anytime but please no female Space Marines just for the sake of having female super warrior.

But but... SoB:s?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

But but... SoB:s?

SoB are SoB, not female Space Marines. ;)

• shandwen and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

:) to start, I am not here to live on miniatures, I have done this more as a hobby than a job for the past 20+ years. Started with old classic GS minis... I have learned how to sculpt and cast them. I have almost 2 decades of experience in casting in metal (also done as a hobby) and even got called for consultancy to a few firms for it :) in the past years I moved to resin, and 3d printing. And now that I have the expertise and sources I am doing this to make my own projects come to life. Not looking to make a fortune :) and every penny made will go in taxes :( and to make more minis. 

I have tons of models in my mind, and based on this KS I may be able to bring them to life.

This is why this KS has many different factions in it, as I want to test on everything and keep the KS as simple and small as it possible to give a timely delivery of a top quality product. And I already have backup plans in case it grows behind what I expect. I have participated in several KS's and I seen many going with a long delay in deliveries, and some delivering quite poor quality products. I don't want this to happen. My production process is pretty strict:

1) Concept
2) 3D sculpt
3) 3D high quality print 
4) Test details, proportions, and actual look of the mini. What you see in the render is not what you get in your hands. 
5) Once approved, cuts are made based on casting requirements
6) Production test models are made
7) Actual product will be made.

All logistics, packaging, and possible delays have been taken into account.

• Honda, Gumo9, Juggernut and 3 others like this

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,421 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
Here's an idea that I haven't seen out of any of the bigger companies:

Offer some kind of customization for a few select models. Perhaps some templates that could be combined in different ways to come up with unique poses or clothing/equipment options.

Personally, I'd go for an Inquisitor model that could represent "me" on the battlefield.

I have no idea how difficult something like that might be, but it would give you a niche that basically no one is occupying at the moment.

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Iron Warriors
Loving all the models, they look gorgeous! I will totally support the KS when it's ready!

As a Death Guard player I'd get a lady of Decay for sure. Moreover, I also add my voice to the idea of some more models for Chaos Renegades/Cultists as I've been looking for suitable ones to use :P

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

And here another painted model, this time by Den of Imagination :) Elsina Hell

30ab00ff19130a9ee542a782027dc84a_origina

• Race Bannon, Honda and Warpmiss like this

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,613 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

These are great looking miniatures. The hobby can always use more great looking female sculpts to fill in the glaring hole left by GW.

• Warpmiss likes this
40kDGBanner

Veteran Sergeant

Veteran Sergeant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,380 posts
  • Faction: Invectors

Honestly this is a great niche for sculptors.  Since GW has gone away from producing single human-sized figures other than massively overpriced character units, their business model scales best at bulk purchases and "units."  Several of those are really cool.  Especially the Death Guard.   I think you could try to make them a little more dynamic though.  All of them seem like they're just "standing around" but then you have Fat Captain Joanna Woo with guns akimbo. Who also looks like she's about to topple over backwards, which may lend that model more humor than you had intended.

Marneus Calgar is referred to as "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible. If the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines - 38mm Space Marines Tutorial
lmnusighdfin.pngsig-tauorkcultist-fxfinlttr1.png
The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy                                                          Litanies of Hate & Discontent; Index Astartes: Invectors

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
I am a big, big fan of that Inquisitor. Excellent work.
  • Kain Mor likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Thank you all for the comments, critiques and info. This is great value for me.
Next we are working on the Russain Sniper, and then will move to the Raging and Lust Chaotic sisters.
This will give us the first 10 models for the KS, and then we will concentrate on the Chaotic Warp girl, the assassin and the Commissar 2 model.
I have several other models in mind...

• Honda and totgeboren like this

HeresyLab

HeresyLab

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Here is the new Victoria Vasilev V 2.0 hope we have imroved her:

496be6_548fd43dcd584d95b10219e12639ba18~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Third party miniatures, Heresylab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users