Rotigus, our Base GUO?

Trollbeard

Hello fellow nurglites! I have gotten myself some of the new models that were released not too long ago, but one I’m a little unsure of how to build is the GUO.

Has anyone had any games with Rotigus? His model looks so cool, I’m wondering if he’s worth it? The plagueflail on the GUO looks amazing on paper and I just can’t decide which I want to do!

And before anyone mentions it, getting another kit is not an option...yet haha.

I think Rotigus is the best option, at least if you so not roll 1s all the time for the no of attacks.

More attacks, flat 3D in main weapon, very good shooting, also in overwatch. Can deny 1 more psy power and knows an additional one. Plus mortal wounds when casting.

I could see value in the Bell tbh, as long as the bring back dead models doesn’t cost you re-enforcement points.

I want to try Rotigus, but as for how bringing a single GUO went for me last night... let me just say. OUCH.

I feel like you need to bring more then one, there’s an old saying I’ve heard about 8th edition, “If you want one, bring two, if you want 2 bring three” I’ve found it to be pretty accurate.

I think the main thing about them is the perceived threat. Yea they are definitely a threatening model so most people will think he’s the biggest threat.

Another option would Be to deep strike him into your lines when your main force arrives. And then I would even fire the warp surge strat on him to beef up his survivability.