Thousand Sons preorder January.27

Prot

I just realized that my Thousand Sons can do a much more potent Alpha-Strike than my World Eaters, now isn't that just...abit sad?

30 Tzaangors in Webway Infiltration. (deepstrike)

30 Tzaangors in Webway Infiltration. (deepstrike)

20 Rubric Marines teleported in via offensive use of DMC. (deepstrike)

10 Scarab Occult Terminators (deepstrike)

1 Sorcerer in Terminator Armour. (deepstrike)

1-2 Tzaangor Shamans on Discs (moves 12"+D6")

1-2 Exalteds on Discs (moves 12"+D6")

*Boom*, turn 1 and my opponent has 95 model's who either fight or shoot well (or both), 9,1" away from his deploymentzone.

And this isn't even a full 2000 pts-list...

That looks like a blast to play. Max pressure turn 1 «do or die style».

It looks a bit vulnerable to alpha, if you reserve 50% and then the opponent gets turn 1. I guess you can bubblewrap some characters quite well with 20 rubrics

Yep. Very similar to what I just built, though I only run 1 squad of 30 goats because that's all I own. I also only have 1 Shaman.

Mine shakes out like this:

Ahriman on Disk

Exalted on Disk

Daemon Prince on foot

Shaman

Sorcerer in Terminator Armor

20 Rubricae (Double Soulreaper)

10 SOT (Double Soulreaper, Double Hellfyre)

10 Cultists (Autoguns, Flamer)

30 Tzaangors (Blades, Instrument)

6 Enlightened (Bows)

2 Individual Spawn

Makes up an Outrider and a Battalion (7CP, 6 after 2nd Relic)

Daemon Prince, all of my disk riders, Rubricae, Cultists, and Spawn start on the table. Tzaangors, SOT, and Termie Sorcerer off table.

Rubricae get the Crystal, everyone else pops in or rushes forward....except those loser Cultists. They get to sit on a backfield objective. :)

Daemon Prince on foot is deceptively fast, since he starts with an 8in move and can Advance every turn and still cast, especially with our range boost.

Be careful with those 30 man Tzaangors. Even on a 6'x4' table finding room that does overlap your models and isn't fits the 9.001" rule for deepstrike can be difficult. My last game I had to wait till turn 3 just so enough stuff would die that i could bring them on board. Then with the +1" instrument they still failed their charge so warptime would be useful too.

Be careful with those 30 man Tzaangors. Even on a 6'x4' table finding room that does overlap your models and isn't fits the 9.001" rule for deepstrike can be difficult. My last game I had to wait till turn 3 just so enough stuff would die that i could bring them on board. Then with the +1" instrument they still failed their charge so warptime would be useful too.

Planning on it. Sometimes my DS will simply involve dropping in my deployment zone in a different place than my opponent expects. Other times, I wont spend the CP. Still others, I'll get a good shot at something important, drop them, and slingshot with Warptime.

Great ideas here. The webway stratagem gives incredible options, both for offence, possible defence vs alpha and a good way to grab objectives.

The best part is that it is possible to use the stratagem in one way vs one opponent -then not use it vs an other opponent. Arriving and fishing for a charge is risky, but with +1” charge and warptime it is possible, but still some inherent risks (failed charge, failed cast, some units have powerfull overwatch and scouts/nurglings/sporocyst can do boardcontrol and deny good targets).

Other times it can be good to infiltrate into a ruin/cover and blast away with veterans

Archived