Thousand Sons preorder January.27

Prot

And suddenly Magnus buffs actual TSons astartes units just by reducing the risk they explode. :biggrin.:

Exactly.

I was saying previously I stopped using the non-character Psykers in my main squads because too many time I had a guy's head blow off and took out too many squad members... sometimes beyond that. It was terrible.

I'm enjoying this news quite a bit. The idea of extra powers, and while expensive, Magnus seems reasonable.

Man I've got quite the conundrum.... I have quite a large collection of deathguard and my Thousand sons are mostly painted.. It's going to be quite the choice!

All great stuff!  Super excited to play them for the Chaos faction in our store's planetary empires campaign.  Webway assault is going to free up so many points from rhinos in my list now.  I can't wait to use Ahriman, my favorite 40k character is a tank now with the 3++!

My one qualm is with that flesh change strategem, so are we under the impression Ahriman dusted everyone for nothing now?  I'm not up to date on the latest fluff, but if I remember the whole point was to prevent spawndom in the legion.

All great stuff!  Super excited to play them for the Chaos faction in our store's planetary empires campaign.  Webway assault is going to free up so many points from rhinos in my list now.  I can't wait to use Ahriman, my favorite 40k character is a tank now with the 3++!

My one qualm is with that flesh change strategem, so are we under the impression Ahriman dusted everyone for nothing now?  I'm not up to date on the latest fluff, but if I remember the whole point was to prevent spawndom in the legion.

Sorcerers are still perfectly mutable - it's only the dust bunnies who are, er, immune.

It's not too much of a stretch to go with that considering how Magnus tried twice to bargain against the flesh change anyways, right?

Well the Stratagem itself even tells us that the Sorcerer simply embraced the mutations. Some mutations are good, some are bad. As always with the gifts of the gods.

Sorcerers are still perfectly mutable - it's only the dust bunnies who are, er, immune.

It's not too much of a stretch to go with that considering how Magnus tried twice to bargain against the flesh change anyways, right?

Oh mutations are still rampant, its Tzeentch after all. I just remember the Rubric affecting everyone, regulars got dusty and all the sorcerers were enhanced psychically due to it, while protecting everyone.  

You do bring a solid point up Archaeinox, Tzeentch is fickle.  Saving Ahriman from Magnus' wrath at the Rubric while later nullifying it is quite 40K.  I probably won't use the strat in the end.  I shall derail the thread no more.  

I'll agree with everyone that Magnus aura change is huge, I might be tempted to buy him now!

Holy hell, i get the flu for a couple days and look what happens.

Everything is looking good. I was hoping we might use the deamon dsicipline to buff out SOTs but i think the effects only effwct demons. Even so the expanded selection is great.

They did say magnus was a bit more mind bullety in the video. Digging that aura!

I’m always up for some fluffy strategems. I am remind3d of back in 7 th when Ahriman had his ring of Sorcs and Magnus had his. Magnus’ Sorcs were always depicted as a little more mutated. And after dabbling for a while in the dark arts, who’s to say you wouldn’t welcome a third or fourth arm?

I think Ahriman is the real win here though. Depending on his points cost, I’m looking very forward to using him with those auras. Is his Warlord trait known yet?

Ahriman:

+1 Invul, so 3++ now (via fixed warlord trait)

Re-roll 1s to hit for TS aura

Btw does this mean, assuming that the demon princes get +1 to invulns like DG ones got digustingly resilient, that we could make a 3++ demon prince casting two spells a turn? Looks pretty good.

How much do you guys love me?

Magnus the Red:

Primarch of the TS (re-roll 1s to hit aura, re-roll 1s for Psychic Tests aura)

Ahriman:

Wat...

Just...Wat...

They were not kidding when they said magnus is going to be a bigger psyker powerhouse.

Ahriman trait, honestly NOT a fan. you want to avoid getting shot at with him anyway. then again, fixed traits are always a downside-picking one is always better.

Much better aura than his old one though. LET THE DAKKA COMMENCE!

How much do you guys love me?

Magnus the Red:

Primarch of the TS (re-roll 1s to hit aura, re-roll 1s for Psychic Tests aura)

Ahriman:

Where'd this one come from? Facebook?

Me.

I will miss the deceptive warlord trait Ahriman once had though the overall fine tuning looks great!

Yeah, super curious about discs and how they effect keywords and if they open up thr ability to use the tzeenth demon discipline.

They could no longer grant "DAEMON" keyword, unlike though. Either it will explicitly be open to just Magnus and Demon Princes or it will all lucky and require an FAQ who knows with GW.

Edit 1:

Faeit212 posted pre-order/price for next Saturday nothing unexpected codex and datacard price. Interesting that there isn't a re-release of the dice.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/01/this-weeks-pre-orders-list-and-prices.html?m=1

Edit 2:

xxhikaru123 wrote:

There are no more entries for Sorcerers for both RM & SOT, I assume that they are free.

Soulreaper are 5 points cheaper.

SO sorcerer only being 33 points is awesome. Not sure if the 5 points comes from the update in the CSM codex or that SRC is in fact only 10 points! That would be on point. Deepstriking 20 Rubrics of 10 SO Termis certainly looks better and better.

They could no longer grant "DAEMON" keyword, unlike though. Either it will explicitly be open to just Magnus and Demon Princes or it will all lucky and require an FAQ who knows with GW.

Edit 1:

Faeit212 posted pre-order/price for next Saturday nothing unexpected codex and datacard price. Interesting that there isn't a re-release of the dice.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/01/this-weeks-pre-orders-list-and-prices.html?m=1

Edit 2:

xxhikaru123 wrote:

There are no more entries for Sorcerers for both RM & SOT, I assume that they are free.

Soulreaper are 5 points cheaper.

SO sorcerer only being 33 points is awesome. Not sure if the 5 points comes from the update in the CSM codex or that SRC is in fact only 10 points! That would be on point. Deepstriking 20 Rubrics of 10 SO Termis certainly looks better and better.

Looks to be 44 points for a SOT Sorcerer including gear. looks like a squad came down in cost substantially if we assume 22 for missiles and 15 for soul reapers, came down 20 or so points.  for a five man fully geared. 

Obviously gets alot cheaper if you drop weapons....not terrible. Getting closer to competitive pricing.  

Archived