Allies for your Admech?

Bomma

I run Inquisition, namely Greyfax and a posse of sisters of battle pretending to be Inquisitorial Acolytes  as a patrol.  Or  Greyfacx and  2 Inquisitors, Using some power sword-wielding sisters of battle models as Inquisitors, the models are excusing the power armour its carapace honest ;-)  bolters and powers swords.  They just fit the look better than Guardsman or converted cultists or any of the actual inquisition models, Especially when you consider I have a Female tech priestess Domina.

I have toyed with the idea of an elite formation with Greyfax and acolytes but it just didn't sit well with me and it's giving away way too many kill points of opportunities for first blood to take 3 ,1 man units .

A supreme command gives me those all-important  4 Deny attempts and 3 smites of my own ,  a host of leadership buffing / debuffing powers and an aura of leadership 9 or 10 from the inquisitors great for keeping my unruly leadership 7 blobs of Skitari in line.

Fluffy .... No,  no its not but I've played against a guy who deployed a Shadowsword falling down the side of a mountain,  rules as written it gave cover and he could get line of sight from the tip of its barrel which protruded over the top   , Measure from anywhere on the model my ass.

Space wolves, as that was my original army before admech.

Totally changing up my SW list at the moment to include a load of dreadnoughts, terminators and pretty much all mkIII power armour for a nice darker post-heresy theme, idea being that they are a fleet based lost company kicking around with an admech contingent. How they'll actaully fit in with my admech tactics wise im not sure yet, but the dreads should provide some nice CC punch.

They most likely wouldn't see the table with each other under 2k points though.

Also have a squad of custodes/sisters from the BoP box i got for my mkIII wolves. Waiting for the custodes codex to flly drop but again hopefully a squad or 2 of them can fit is as a nice CC/Deepstrike unit.

Pure Ad Mech for life!

I kid.

Don't run allies when I play very often but if I did filling holes would be my plan.

It has alread been covered but some kind of psychic defense from IG or Greyfax since they are not to expensive points wise.

Anything else we have pretty well covered imo.

I'm steadily added some Ad Mech to my growing fluff-based "Imperial Soup" army, basically being an alliance of the Lamenters with the Forge World of Angstrom on the border of the Maelstrom, along with some disposable Savlar IG artillery. Basically, the eventual plan is to be able to have an Apocalypse-level army, with the Savlar regiment providing artillery/siege support, the Ad Mech to provide a mobile firebase to steadily move forward, and the Lamenters in Stormravens/transports to make the killing blow.

For me it's more that I allied my admech to an existing project, my knight and his scions are being backed up by a mechanicus detachment since those strats are too good to pass up.

I've always pondered something like Scions done up as Teleporting Skitarii with special weapons/ lazer guns. The stat lines match up rather nicely and hotshots are exciting enough to make me consider it.

Or the CP farm from imperial guard (commander with 5+ to regain a CP trait and aquila relic that gives you a CP every time opponent uses a stratagem) could make for a very efficient thing, if very gamey.

Otherwise, guardsmen with simple lasguns receiving orders sure sounds pretty much like an analogue for Servitors/ Tech-thralls and the Techies who control them?

Heavy weapon teams could be light servitors.

I'll be building up a cheap Guard battalion for AdMech allies. Just a bunch of infantry squads, a couple commanders, and maybe some heavy weapon teams in the mix. Have them built from the Regiments line on Anvil Industry, run them as Valhalla regiment. That gives me an army of tech-thralls and a couple Skitarii Alpha Primes leading them.

I'd like to have some of the new Custodes as well. But from a fluff standpoint with my army, it'd probably just be better to stick with IG as my only allies.

Teleporting Scions sounds good to me.  Scions routinely mess me up when I play Guard.  They can have so much shooting output, with a commander they can shoot after falling back (or get bonuses to overwatch) so they are very killy.  At the very least they make your opponent much more cautious in moving because they don't want to expose a flank for them to melt.  

Before 8th edition arrived, completely changing the game, I had plans to do a Dark Mechanicus army using the Renegades & Heretics list from FW. The premise behind them was to make a Mechanicus militia of the most able-bodied workers selected for upgrade. The current Mechanicus line was going to be used for command and elite units with the rank-and-file being made from Mechanicus and Guard bits bashed together. They're not exactly elaborate but I think they turned out well. 

sKDDl0Q.png
moSggkj.png
BocIXfT.png
With only primary cranial and cardiovascular upgrades implanted, these recruits will need to earn the privilege to replace more of their organic structure with the sacred machine.

Since everything has changed the idea is evolving. For now, I'm creating an 'autonomous' Forge World using the current Imperial AdMech codex. Since my Forge World will have two very different faces the current force will ally with Imperial Guard that will represent the same conscripted-from-workers troops.

With the recent inclusion of the Dark Mechanicus keyword by GW I'm hopeful that at some point in the future there will be an official way to create a Dark Mechanicus force, but I'll create one in some form either way. Once my current AdMech project is large enough I'll consider what direction I want to take.

• 2 weeks later...

So I came into some cheap models and am making them into what I think will be some effective allies for the Servants of the Machine God.

IG Company Commander who is all about sharing. Sharing Command Points that is.

Three squads of Space Marine Scouts who are in charge of looking in dark spaces mid field and seeing if the boogeyman is there. Hint: he totally is.

Primaris Psyker. He can Deny and stuff.

Cheap Battalion with so much goodness.

Well goodness and beard/cheese.

If you want Psykers, Astra Telepathica has to be the most cost efficient option. You can get a vanguard of Primaris with 3 Astropaths for 4 total denies for super cheap. They're easy to kill but also not a huge loss individually.

I had a little play with:

1x Inquisitor (psyker with digi-incinerator & force stave)

3x Acolytes with Hotshot Lasguns

1x Culexus Assassin

1x Sly Marbo (converted to look like a particularly odd sicarian infiltrator/cultist hybrid)

I forgot to bring Marbo rules, so that scuppered my plans a little (having the Culexus and Marbo run behind enemy lines), but I think I like the rough balance of the formation (Vanguard).

It introduces some smaller elements, takes up only a little space, but also offers up a few extra tricks and trials to give the enemy a bit of concern away from 'normal proceedings'.

It seemed to work, but I didn't gather enough data to be truly certain of how it's unfolding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
IH for me and a few of the robots have IH heraldry and marks of induction into the clan just got a domitar that I'm I. The process of building that's gonna be bashed into a monstrosity of forbidden tech as a buddy for my ironfather in a leviathan in Clan fluff irl hell sit in the display cabinet looking cool

Archived