Run the traitors to ground! 30k White Scars

sarabando

just a few updates before bed.

“I wouldn’t decline assistance from even Kurze’s mob these days.” Growled an astarte as he joined the pair. Ju-long’s armour was pitted and burnt the bright white tarnished and filthy with him he carried the great banner of the brotherhood unfurled. The heavy silken tapestry was awash with honours of the Great Crusade and glinted in the low light. “I thought you would want me to bring this, Khan.” He bowed.

Turgan’yul ran his hand over the gold stitching reading the names of past victories  Alpha Matrax, Cydona, Luna VII, Gaul.  Each stirring a memory of victories won.

“Seems such a shame, for our last stand to be here.” The Khan gestured to the dank walls of the storage dock where they awaited their enemy. “Hidden in this dark place away from the Emperor’s light.”  A chittering and the scraping of metal drew the Khan’s attention from the banner as Arban approached with his murderous wards close behind. The Praevian placed his hand to his breast and nodded in respect.

“Then it is our duty Khan to make them fear the dark.” His Vorax bowed with him their heads twitching and twirling almost involuntarily.

E8tfi6Z.jpg

CbeQF8h.jpg

9wlmc5h.jpg

No vorax yet cant realy afford them or justify them XD.

just a big clean box of the first 5 lascannon marines.

1zvBk72.jpg

inspired by the amazing K0nahril's Iron Warriors i have started building my 3rd contemptor. I have plans for like 3 more dreads now XD think il rename the brotherhood to the Brotherhood of The Dead.

new phone so im still trying to figure out how to take a decent photo.

3n7D2CY.jpg MuaQwAA.jpg

Man, I am going to have to follow suit with my plastic contemptor and give him a modified termi helm. That just looks so good!

The modified SoH command squad look great and will be perfect for the White Scars! Looking forward to you going to town on those FW minis!

still cant take a good damn photo with this phone :s also my internet is down so i have to do my uploads at work XD.

M6eIldX.jpg

since this was taken i have started the red too but not the freehand that will come after i have redone the blacks.

I think the animal jaws should be lowered, so they won't obstruct the interred White Scar's peripheral vision. And what's that thing chained to the Contemptor's left arm?

"Dragging a chunk of the wall with him the ancient demanded the tech marines of the 7th legion afix it to his shattered arm."  its a chunk of the wall of the Imperial Palace. I have no idea what the mini its from it came in a box of stuff.

xWQaFqn.jpg

OqZXZPL.jpg

XLmxLxZ.jpg

MvaKYaK.jpg

Little bit of work

no idea if il add free hand to the banner its a bit hard because of the folds.

Also added a final offwhite hightlight to Vir but its barely noticeable in this pic so il also tidied up the Raptor Imperalis.

hne5SKk.jpg

S46k42y.jpg

6tcEGyu.jpg

tlmPpTf.jpg

after spending hours and several mental breakdowns on painting 7 layer white a single coat of VJ violet gives me these results FFFFFUUUU

QuadpPB.jpg

Will you drill a hole in the back of that dead Emperor's Children member, and plant that promising-looking standard in the traitor's back, so it looks like the Standard Bearer used the flagpole to deliver the killing blow?

nah stompy dread decoration.

Will you drill a hole in the back of that dead Emperor's Children member, and plant that promising-looking standard in the traitor's back, so it looks like the Standard Bearer used the flagpole to deliver the killing blow?

I presume the traitor's still alive, though he may wish he was dead, considering the humiliating position he's in. (If he IS dead, I think the backpack should be cracked open, to show he was crushed.)

The standard is looking better and better. Is that an eagle's head on the banner, or a different animal's?

It's supposed to be a Raptor Imperialis as the Terran 27th see themselves as still fighting the Emperors war of unification as most of them fought during the Sol campaign.  Its hard to do because A. the banner is really distorted and B. i suck.

I presume the traitor's still alive, though he may wish he was dead, considering the humiliating position he's in. (If he IS dead, I think the backpack should be cracked open, to show he was crushed.)

He only has on arm so most likely will be in a rather large pool of icor.

Cracking work on the banner bearer, the white is looking very rich and personally I think you've done a sterling job with the freehand. The SoH command kit really is a beauty.

Archived