Run the traitors to ground! 30k White Scars

sarabando

Wilko paint stripper is amazing :D

Dremmeled out the head and replaced it with a spare i had, cut the legs off and offset them by about 10 degrees which imo has made the pose 100% better. sanded off the details on the chest, used some ogryn bits for knees, and then gave him a gnarly case of battle acne.

Pc8jf7k.jpg

DOjpApx.jpg

Aye, that Wilko stuff ain't half bad, smells a heck of a lot better than others I've used too.

New pose looks good on the Dread.

still prunned up my hands like mad but didnt strip the skin for 3 days like Detol does.

Im not sure how i want to arm this guy, i have a spare melta arm from a Calth dread so i could do twin meltas, as i have another calth dread on the sprue that im going to be doing Kheres/fist, or i could try and scrounge a fist arm. not sure.

having some issues with my airbrush its leaving stringing bits its almost like the paint is rubberising which is odd.

Anyway heres the beginning of the command squad. Full magnatised both arms and back. ...but why is he red?

fROaaQz.jpg

well some of you might remember this guy well ive popped his back off and added a magnet to him and to his pack so now he and his red dude can rock jump packs together.

E1fwiQ1.jpg

The extra red is that like sigsmund and his Black templars these guys would go on to found the Rampagers.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Rampagers_Battle-Brother.jpg.jpg

lastly a little update on the primaris medicae

TJFTOZS.jpg

Nl3yNfQ.jpg

Whoa, never a dull moment in this thread!

• The new reposed Contemptor is looking really promising -- love the more open leg pose! Personally speaking, however, he strikes me as more of a twin fist guy, given that boxer stance.
  • Primus Medicae is coming along really well, too!
  • I love the Praetor (?) with the Custodes head, although I am wondering whether you are leaving the hair white on purpose? It does look slightly unfinished like that, which is a bit of a shame, regarding the gprgeous rest of the model.
  • Oh, and the guy you've outfitted with the new jump pack is rather lovely as well -- I marvel of your talent for making a legion I don't really like all that much appear far more visually interesting than it has any right to be :wink:

Keep up the excellent work! :smile.:

Whoa, never a dull moment in this thread!

• The new reposed Contemptor is looking really promising -- love the more open leg pose! Personally speaking, however, he strikes me as more of a twin fist guy, given that boxer stance.
  • Primus Medicae is coming along really well, too!
  • I love the Praetor (?) with the Custodes head, although I am wondering whether you are leaving the hair white on purpose? It does look slightly unfinished like that, which is a bit of a shame, regarding the gprgeous rest of the model.
  • Oh, and the guy you've outfitted with the new jump pack is rather lovely as well -- I marvel of your talent for making a legion I don't really like all that much appear far more visually interesting than it has any right to be :wink:

Keep up the excellent work! :smile.:

the Contemptor is magnatised so he can get fisty if needed :D

The termi praetor has white hair by choice its a blue white so it does stand out against the armour. I just suck at pictures.

and that is the brotherhoods commander in red.

Damnit, I keep wanting to say something in this p'log that is a bit deeper than "gush, drool, burble!" but I just can't sum it up beyond, just keep doing what you're doing. Your style is a bit more painterly and you're making it work so right with the markings. Every time I see your work it makes me want to paint something red in some wonderful primal way.

The 27ths dark secret comes.from their rapid flight from Galverax. After holding the forces of.the Iron. Warriors at bay for as long as possible the survivors along with those Avant few members of the local iron warrior garrison made to escape on the frigate Pikon frenzy. To cover this escape the majority of the 27ths tech coven remained to overload the ancient atomic generation plant. On their return to terra after being subjected to weeks of unending probes at the hands of the sigilite and his agents the surviving Olympians were given a choice many chose to serve the sigilite directly but a fair number took up his offer and joined the decimated 27th company taking on new.names and new lives. One.such marine is now master of their forges and dedicates himself to the well being of the brotherhoods immortal members.

mpvyW8G.jpg

aQOe8FL.jpg

GxdoVvZ.jpg

So here's my update I'm least happy with

Firstly the pad on the forge lord I think I'll be testing it off and sourcing a real cataphractii one. The dread is "off" and I'm hating painting the speeder every time I move it I find another spot to paint white or somewhere the primer missed :(

uf1MABa.jpg

XfcVm5F.jpg

4hUv5MM.jpg

H1Zs8Jq.jpg

For the cataphractii pad, it might be worth to check mastercrafted miniatures, I've received some spiked ones from them this week and the cast quality is very good. They are made for the FW cataphractii, but being resin they should be easy to adapt with a bit of heat (I have to try it for my plastic cataphractii, the lower shoulder pad is a tad too big).

For the cataphractii pad, it might be worth to check mastercrafted miniatures, I've received some spiked ones from them this week and the cast quality is very good. They are made for the FW cataphractii, but being resin they should be easy to adapt with a bit of heat (I have to try it for my plastic cataphractii, the lower shoulder pad is a tad too big).

Yeah I'll order one and some bits tomorrow from them as it's pay day

Archived