Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Run the traitors to ground! 30k White Scars

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Terminator looks promising. Keep up the good work.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Graymane

Graymane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Love the lore and the idea behind the colour scheme. :)

My only criticism, however, would be that the red looks very pink to me. Though that may be the photos? ermm.gif

Any which way, good work and looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Cheers,

GM

''The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing' - Herger the Joyous

''Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold'' - Buliwyf

sml_gallery_79710_12195_14764.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_2101.jpg

Formerly known as Argentius.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

The red is a little pinker than some, its a base of Vallejo dark red which is an everso slightly purplish red, which i then use armypainter pure red.

2nd marine is all done just waiting on decals.

i6glFt3.jpg

lDDithV.jpg

g3JU5WY.jpg

TG9UrBI.jpg

KeqPSIz.jpg

• Radiation, Pearson73 and robofish7591 like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands
Nice pose on the new fella.

The_Stray_Idea

The_Stray_Idea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
Awesome work on the marines. All the markings break them up nicely and are adding a lovely bit of character to each piece. Keep up the good work.

Stray

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,760 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Looking sharp! Are you going to hit them with a matte varnish? I wonder if that will change up the red as well.

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

Looking sharp! Are you going to hit them with a matte varnish? I wonder if that will change up the red as well.

i will do once i have some decals on them. A club mate has some set aside for me but ive not been gaming this week due to being off ill

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,781 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

Looking awesome. Phobos bolters FTW, man. They look so cool.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

marine number 3 is underway.

Im getting faster with the white too.

PVPL7Yh.jpg

xuULLoG.jpg

MQ7vHMQ.jpg

• Radiation and robofish7591 like this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

i thought id treat myself to kit bashing the squad leader

CzEfPsN.jpg

• DuskRaider, Pearson73 and Graymane like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts

Leader's coming on nicely, especially the eagle.

The_Stray_Idea

The_Stray_Idea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
A cheeky kit bash is known to be good for the spiritual well being of all hobbyists. Looks like a promising start. I’m digging the white flash over the eye on the MKIV legionary.

Stray

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

little update marine 3 just needs tidying up and glass varnish. might add another coat of brown ink around the red areas just to add some contrast.

FtUfFfW.jpg

kkxQuZc.jpg

FIzciWK.jpg

PWYIcQV.jpg

QMPT0Mg.jpg

and here are the next two marines.

FHDso91.jpg

• DuskRaider, Brother Lunkhead, SickSix and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job so far.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

a couple of pics of the squad leader im not sure how i want his Chainsword i wish the mk4 box had more left arms that could be used with melee weapons.

kQKZF0g.jpg

NJCmsZ9.jpg

N1Ylnai.jpg

• Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts

Man, you're churning these guys out at speed!

I think the second sergeant pose with the blade closer to the body looks more natural.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 694 posts

These all look good, but the pictures are MASSIVE! Step back a bit and crop the image afterwards. Try resizing to 800x600 ish for web views as well.

See my Imperial Fists Blog! For Dorn and the Emperor!

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space Marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me." - Rogal Dorn

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

These all look good, but the pictures are MASSIVE! Step back a bit and crop the image afterwards. Try resizing to 800x600 ish for web views as well.

I shall try to take some better sized and in focus images tonight :D I do plan on building a photo booth with some decent lighting at some point.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

Got a box of spare bits from a club  mate and a bag of basing kit for a grand total of £3.50 which included a RT era rhino so a few bits later and its now ready for redepolyment.  Seems to scale well with the marines.

6U6mIl7.jpg

SeaePxZ.jpg

ive tried resizing the pics i hope this helps.

• Brother Lunkhead, Radiation and Pearson73 like this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

really struggling to get a smooth coat on this, my dad gave me some humbrol brushes and they are garbage XD.

hncQoFx.jpg

52Kwtof.jpg

fEzWeOS.jpg

and hears the helmet for the next marine.

L7iA4Cl.jpg

• Pearson73 likes this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Great work thus farthumbsup.gif  A very cool and unique take on the WS paint scheme. Looking forward to more posts.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts
Rhino looks fine to me!

Nice markings on the new helmet.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,404 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Tip-top work on these Scars. Confessedly, I'm not a huge fan of the gloss coat, but seeing as you said that's just a base for transfers and you'll be hitting that with a matte that's a transient issue. Love that new helmet you posted.

gallery_78067_11287_44381.png

Traitors in the palace, make way for the king.
Smashing the hornets' nest, upon his land they drop like flies.

The_Stray_Idea

The_Stray_Idea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
Great work looks like your making great headway into your project. The rhino is looking good that will be impressive to see with the markings your freehanding. The new helm is a nice way to break up the MKIII keep it up.

Stray

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

Thanks for all your comments :)

Tip-top work on these Scars. Confessedly, I'm not a huge fan of the gloss coat, but seeing as you said that's just a base for transfers and you'll be hitting that with a matte that's a transient issue. Love that new helmet you posted.

I should be getting some decals tomorrow so they should be done by the end of the Weekend.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Morovir