Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Run the traitors to ground! 30k White Scars

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Nice repose of the Chaplain.

Thanks, im not sure of the colours to paint a PH chaplain so im going to try an equal balance of White/Red/Black. The termie im not sure if i should use as a praetor or libby. All 3 minis and the 5 next marines torsos are all primed and drying nicely.

Tough call with the terminator character, he has quite the commanding pose, however an outstretched hand is also indicative of the casting of the warp. I'm sure he'll look great as either, which would fit better into the background of your force? Good to hear more marines are on their way to painting too.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

Excellent use of parts that really fits the theme of the White Scars. Awesome work!

See my Imperial Fists Blog! For Dorn and the Emperor!

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space Marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me." - Rogal Dorn

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

just used magnets for the first time and i have added magnets to a plasma gun, melta and flamer so this sould be interesting.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

First coat of bone and strong tone wash on the Stormseer

XpYYu0v.jpg

id post pics of the special weapons but im sure youve all seen a bare plastic plasman gun by now XD.

• DuskRaider, hushrong, deathspectersgt7 and 1 other like this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

so ive been struggling painting recently lots of chest pains. turns out i have a chest infection :S so i may need to warm my painting room up D:

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

so ive been struggling painting recently lots of chest pains. turns out i have a chest infection :S so i may need to warm my painting room up D:

Phew !!! yeah glad to hear it was something other than.    I have heart problems you do not want the Headache . 

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

Phew !!! yeah glad to hear it was something other than.    I have heart problems you do not want the Headache . 

yeah me too im a big guy and just turned 30 so its a real concern now.

I have lamenter yellow Antibiotics that are the size of a drop pod XD.

Still not sure what colours to do the chaplain in im thinking black but with red legs with some white details.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

Black With Red Markings .

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

well i got a first coat of black on but Vallejo black is really glossy so the next coat will be 50/50 black and black grey.

5910VRf.jpg

• deathspectersgt7 and The_Stray_Idea like this

The_Stray_Idea

The_Stray_Idea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
Sorry to hear about your chest pains. I hope your well on the road to recovery! Lovely work on the characters so far. The chaplain is a wicked kit bash. I oddly quite like how glossy the black is though I know it’s not hugely in keeping with the aesthetic you have started creating. I’m looking forward to seeing how he comes together.

Stray

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

Sorry to hear about your chest pains. I hope your well on the road to recovery! Lovely work on the characters so far. The chaplain is a wicked kit bash. I oddly quite like how glossy the black is though I know it’s not hugely in keeping with the aesthetic you have started creating. I’m looking forward to seeing how he comes together.

Stray

I like the glossy black and gold too it reminds me of German armour  from the 16th/17th centuary

de13a81ca52f4eed0b10c91b6b122218.jpg

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

Reminds me of a Hammers of Dorn Marine.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

Ive been getting worse health wise but ive forced myself to do a hour or so on the pysker

second layer of white, and the smoothest red ive ever managed XD.

SBp2vxD.jpg

g9165OD.jpg

• Kizzdougs, hushrong and deathspectersgt7 like this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts

The red is looking really good, Sarabando, that cape is just so smooth! But please, do take care of yourself first, the miniatures are not going anywhere, and the frater here at B&C will gladly wait for more updates once you're back into shape (obviously, if it helps you getting distracted or if you're on a sick leave, please do go on thumbsup.gif , but forcing yourself to paint plastic soldiers should not be a priority pinch.gif ).

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

The red is looking really good, Sarabando, that cape is just so smooth! But please, do take care of yourself first, the miniatures are not going anywhere, and the frater here at B&C will gladly wait for more updates once you're back into shape (obviously, if it helps you getting distracted or if you're on a sick leave, please do go on thumbsup.gif , but forcing yourself to paint plastic soldiers should not be a priority pinch.gif ).

yeah im off today as im worse today. deffo not in the mood to paint today, i think my deathguard caught wind of what i was doing and are punishing me.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,117 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Fantastic work on the stormseer! Consider your conversion idea stolen!

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

micro update

Health;  Chest pains were diagnosed as a chest infection. Took anti nurgle pills and then developed a viral throat infection :(  sufficed to say the last week has been super super super fun.

Hobby: The one time over the last week i tried to hobby my glaze has ruined the stormseers cloak and i knocked him off the desk and broke both extended fingers :( luckily i found them and got them reattached. (the Emperor protects)

• bloodhound23 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

Damn, sounds like a tough break. Hope things start looking up soon!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,953 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Get well soon!

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

feeling a little better now so i thought id work on the cloak abit more.

UEMIPUl.jpg

need to darken down the skin alot again.

rGoXy3n.jpg

• Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
He's coming on nicely.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

finally feeling human again as im getting over the throat infection , chest is clearing up too but we have had another cold snap of weather in the UK and its not fun. So ive got a little work on my dread done tonight.

VBNlG2m.jpg

T8YgfN2.jpg

hxkxfXn.jpg

amhIKBg.jpg

• WarriorFish and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,953 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the Contemptor.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

Z4AjMZC.jpg

LXvFgZY.jpg

lhDQ6zJ.jpg

• WarriorFish likes this

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 353 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors
Love the Orruk (?) topknot on the Contemptor. I can’t quite make out what’s on the base—a helmet and pauldron?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users