Run the traitors to ground! 30k White Scars

sarabando

Thanks i definietly like building more than painting but this project is all about getting the army finished. im not a big fan of the monopose minis coming out of GW these days mostly due to the way they cut the mini for the sprue. Monopose minis are no harder to convert than any other im happy to take my dremmel to my metal Valhallans and convert them but when half a shoulder pad is built onto the arm or the head is missing 2/3 of it which is attached to its hair its annoying.

Gar was the largest Astarte Turgan had ever met, he was a great slab of muscle that towered over his colleagues. He could lift a heavy weapon like it was a bolt gun, he had seen him lift a rhino clear of the muddy fields of Galvarax so Tech crews could unjam her tracks. But there was one thing Turgan had seen Gar couldn't do and that was play well with others, and after operations alongside the Ultramaines at Hitchkoks folly Turgan knew he had just the roll for the titanic warrior. Becoming the 27ths sole moritat he was clad in customer made plate and much to the techpriests dismay Turgan had his Tech Marines forge him a powerful jump pack its core one of the engines of an industrial lift barge.

tFUCajt.jpg

To do:

Both shoulders will be mk 5 studded pads. Studs will be added to shins and possibly helmet. Cables will be added to torso and sculpted onto the thighs. And both weapons will be replaced with Volkites.

Question is, Brotherhood of the... what?

They are the 27th chapter/brotherhood. They are mostly Terran born and those members of one of the many tribes absorbed during the khans war on Chogoris. I like to think that it was marines from the 27th that would go on to found the Rampagers chapter.

They are the 27th chapter/brotherhood. They are mostly Terran born and those members of one of the many tribes absorbed during the khans war on Chogoris. I like to think that it was marines from the 27th that would go on to found the Rampagers chapter.

To the point of not taking a Brotherhood name and rocking Dreadnoughts. Very Terran indeed. Do you picture them being separated from the Ordu for much of the Heresy?

To the point of not taking a Brotherhood name and rocking Dreadnoughts. Very Terran indeed. Do you picture them being separated from the Ordu for much of the Heresy?

No idea as i don't know what ordu is.

My own fluff for them is that the 27th are not popular among the upper command of the White Scars. This gets them the least honorable of assignments such as tunnel fighting, garrison duty and mop up operations. it was often joked by several commanders of the legion "if you can't afford to loose the Imperial Army then send the 27th."

After the battle of Terra they were sent after splinters of the traitor fleets deemed too small to be a concern of the more illustrious brotherhoods.

and heres some real mini stuff.

First up is the first squad sarge who now has his arm and back pack, il get the other weapons done soon but his other arm will take longer as the supplier i use for magnets is away atm.

L996WEH.jpg

a9nNR8N.jpg

And the flamer for his squad member, i was unaware that troop squads in 30k dont take special weapons so i shall be magnatising a bolter too.

8kQuAWq.jpg

Next termi has his red free hand started and ive primed his arms.

I7mUgah.jpg

So1L6dA.jpg

CNYzREA.jpg

went back to my parents place and found a plastic box with some goodies in it, yet another valhallan for my IG army, and both a tech marine and apothacary both with back packs. The apoth will be getting the Mk5 treatment.

Gp2YwaT.jpg

RNPEAnv.jpg

Started on the extra helmet armour for Gar, kinda like a WW1 german snipers helmet now.

08yuxTK.jpg

One of the other goodies was this metal bike commander who shall be a praetor or something

EsHOJyg.jpg

0THAj9U.jpg

Praetor has been undercoated as have remaining bits for special weapons marine and the termie.

Also quickly did this as ive been informed that i may need one XD.

k5C22rK.jpg

its really hard to capture the colours on this with such a crud camera but its got greens and purples tones in there and i might add a splash of blue too.

took a break this evening from painting white and did this in one sitting. (thank the emperor for hairdryers)

pZq3B84.jpg

I have a few from a prospero box i got from a club mate and i think il expand them i wanted something slightly different to the standard gold and red and its a real pity they dont have more units. That wont stop me and my dremmel XD

update

going to take a break from tactical marines to try and get the smaller squads done.

FpKBGhp.jpg

iSYHFgr.jpg

ive also started this guy who ive dropped twice this evening and lose his combi weapon XD il have to get on the floor to find it.

B5n2atl.jpg

and lastly this little lady lost her sword in transit so ive raided my bits box and couldnt find a suitable blade. So ive giver her a psyker whip.

fk4g0kE.jpg

Archived