Hands of Sacrifice WIP

Bonzi

gallery_55178_12781_333831.jpg

This week's escalation units. 5 Assault Terminators and 5 Tacticals with a heavy flamer added to the existing Tac saquad in my army.

The Tacticals proved quite valuable vs Eldar this week as they gave my board presence enough to shut down webway DSing in my own deployment zone. The five Tacs plus heavy flamer went on to murder ten dire avengers but were in turn killed by Swooping Hawks. Captain, Mephiston, and the Noviet were the glory hounds of the game, forming an unstoppable spearhead that murdered it's way across the table and ultimately made the opponent concede the game.

gallery_55178_12781_996744.jpg

Rievers will be joining next week along with a Las Razorback and Inquisitor Greyfax.

Amazing how bone-colored Terminators instantly make me think of Dark Angels. I never realized that's such a fix thing for me ... probably because I've never seen anybody else painting non-DA Terminators in bone color. :D

Still love your color scheme with the red arm. Maybe you want to paint the Reiver masks in a different colour than dirty bone tho? Black or red could work to have a better contrast with the rest of the armor.

Yeah, I've had people glance at my Terminators while playing and get confused as to which army I'm playing. Especially when I run my first company list which has around 23 Terminators models.

I'm also not sold on the rievers masks right now. Black was too stark in contrast, red made them look like monkey faces. I might actually try bronze on the next five for a Sanguinary death mask effect.

Neither of these guys is 100% finished but I wanted to post them. Both still have parts needing Sepia dilute airbrushed on, but I'm not sure now much the camera picks up anyway.

gallery_55178_12781_954787.jpg

The Landraider was added week 2 of the escalation. It's been a brute of a fire magnet and tarpit which has let the rest of my army run amok while this guy holds the table center.

gallery_55178_12781_333114.jpg

LasBack will be added this coming week along with some Reivers and Inquisitor Greyfax. This will mark the final week of the league. My only remaining painting is an Attack Bike I want to sub in for my Noviet.

Good job on the Land Raider and the Razorback. However, I have to ask what your Chapter symbol looks like. Will you modify the Iron Hands Chapter symbol- maybe color it red, and/or flank it with wings?

It's a good question and I have only a poor answer. I'm super lazy and haven't thought of one yet.

I've considered the standard BA symbol with a black cut across it to represent the chink in the armor of Horus. I also thought of a red hand but that seems too crimson fisty.

Nice! I really like the color scheme. It is nice to see the Chapter in a variety of units. How big is the escalation league going to get up to?

Thanks. The League hit 85PL this week. I'm going to be adding:

Razorback: Twin lascannon, storm Bolter, Hunter killer

X5 Reivers: heavy bolt pistols and combat knives

Inquisitor Greyfax (because the model is cool)

I might trade out the Sanguinary Noviet for a multimelta attack bike.

This is the last week of the escalation so from here out my productivity will probably drop. I need to focus on painting my Death Company next.

Apologies if you already said earlier, but what's the plan for the DC color wise?

I did some details on the first page of this thread, but I'll repost the picture. Paint scheme for my DC is to invert the red arm and white body of my regular units with a black arm and red body on my DC. They honestly look a lot like a regular Blood Angel on the board as a black right arm isn't as dark as DC are usually seen.

gallery_55178_12781_869911.jpg

Thanks! I really love red death company for some reason!

Ever since I saw that totally not EC primaris successor with the all purple right arm, I have been really tempted to do something similar... And then you came a long with this awesome plog! So, I started repainting some tacticals last night to include an all black right arm! Hope you don't mind me taking a bunch of inspiration from here... I really want to test out your vehicle pattern with my guys' colors!

gallery_55178_12781_228272.jpg

Last and slightly rushed in quality, an Attack Bike. This completes my Escalation League painting tally. I now own roughly 85PL / 1750pts of fully painted and based Blood Angels. Now for the 2500ish points of remaining guys.....

My Week 5 List:

Captain: jump pack, thunder hammer, storm shield (Angels Wing & Fate warlord trait)

Mephiston

X5 Intercessors: power sword, grenade launcher

X5 Intercessors: power sword, grenade launcher

X10 Tactical Marines: combigrav, meltabomb, grav, heavy flamer

Dreadnought: twinlas, DCCW, storm bolter

X5 Assault Terminators: X3 hammer & shield, X2 pair claws, homing beacon

X5 Rievers: bolt pistol and CCW

X1 Attack Bike: multimelta

Landraider Crusader: multimelta, storm bolter, Hunter killer missile

Razorback: twinlas, storm bolter, Hunter killer missile

AUX: Inquisitor Greyfax

I've averaged about 2-3 games each week as we've built up.

The army is coming along quite well. Will you add Repulsors and Primaris Marines, or are Cawl's creations abominations to you?

Hard to see from the distance of the pic but in the bottom right is five Reivers and on the left near the assault bike is ten Intercessors. I do want to add some Inceptors. I'm not a fan of repulsors.

Looking at the individual models the paint scheme is, in my opinion, ‘kinda cool,’ but seeing a larger force like that is truly striking and awesome to behold! Nice work! Edited by Paladin777

Looking at the individual models the paint scheme is, in my opinion, ‘kinda cool,’ but seeing a larger force like that is truly striking and awesome to behold! Nice work!

At the individual level it is a hit and miss color scheme. On things like Tacticals (who were the testbed models) it looks cool. On a lot of the characters it gets a little lost/muddled because they have so much decoration, same on the Dreadnought. As an army though I'm very happy. I'm doing my death Co next because I'm eager to see how much they contrast the main body.

I very much like your color scheme.  The idea of having a single arm a different color is very cool.  Currently working on my own DIY Blood Angels successor and am testing out paint schemes.  I may have to try giving one of my models a different arm color and see how it looks.  Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration!

The first five Death Company are finally done. I took a painting break after the escalation league (got 2nd place in points), but I'm trying to rekindle the motivation to keep going now. I've got 15 jump pack DC and 10 foot DC as well as a DC dred, so this is the start of a big push.

gallery_55178_12781_912794.jpg

gallery_55178_12781_220889.jpg

They are a big contrast to the regular units in the army. Red body, black right arm and no white on the models except for scrolls and ribbons.

Here is a side by side of the DC Dred and Leviathan that are both in production.

gallery_55178_12781_280199.jpg

gallery_55178_12781_80094.jpg

A detail close up of the finished weapon arms.

gallery_55178_12781_597224.jpg