Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

Thanks, Charlo.

I saw discussion on this topic but didn't follow it, but even without details, is your impression that this is totally separate from Fires of Cyraxus please?

It actually makes sense for GW to release a boxed set around March/April, btw, I'm just curious if there are crossed wires about these separate things.

AdMech codex also mentions that Necrons have been hitting Forge Worlds like crazy lately. Makes sense to explore that a bit. Seeing as Necrons and AdMech are my main projects right now I hope this is true!

How exciting! Purely on a personal level, it'd be lovely to see a named character who opposes Carl.

Y'know, for being a blatant heretic and whatnot.

<mutter grumble>

----

But I echo the idea it'd be cool to see some fleshing (err, bionicking?) out of both sides of the box. :smile.:

Sounds like this could be fun. I was a bit let down that the Codex didn't release anything other than Belisarius Cawl's rebox, hopefully this bundle will have something interesting. I'd like to see a generic Skitarii leader as others have suggested. Whether the "walker" part is a new unit or just an Ironstrider/Dragoon I don't mind. I could probably adopt another Ostrich of doom.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but how confident is the source on the character? What’s the possibility this is just a a prelude to a new Necron release and they’re throwing some Admech stuff they can’t sell in the box?

Trust me I miss working on and playing my AdMech but it really felt like they got a bum deal on the codex. Every time I look at the time I put into my Cawl I cringe.

I wonder what the chance is this character would come with a unique dogma or something.

+ edit+. Hehe... I just realized the character talk is wishlisting.

Personally, if we’re playing that game I vote for a flying transport!

Edited by Prot

Ok I'm quite excited!

Necrons attacking Mars has been a canon event since... 2nd edition I think it was.

Sure I already have a plastic mountain to deal with but I'm definitely grabbing this for a character, scenarios and lore. Besides I admit I'd like a small amount of Necrons.

Both forces have a walker, so either or even both is possible.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but how confident is the source on the character? What’s the possibility this is just a a prelude to a new Necron release and they’re throwing some Admech stuff they can’t sell in the box?

Trust me I miss working on and playing my AdMech but it really felt like they got a bum deal on the codex. Every time I look at the time I put into my Cawl I cringe.

I wonder what the chance is this character would come with a unique dogma or something.

My source said it looked like there was a new character for each, but he's not entirely familiar with the faction.

Prot - I felt that way at first but AdMech codex is actually great now. Some of our units are worse than before but overall it's a very versatile book!

I would love to hear more. Seriously... if you have any batreps or tactica to share on the forum I'd love to hear it. (I hope some of this comes from facing Astra and Orks which are giving me the most problems)

My source said it looked like there was a new character for each, but he's not entirely familiar with the faction.

This is great news. But GW sometimes are very clever with getting the studio painters  to create something just using existing models or a fancy paint job (look what they did with the Brother Captain Nemesis Dreadknight). So I guess we should be prepared for it to be just existing models.

That said I'm super excited. Like I keep saying I really would love to use the army more. There's just such a gluttony of power armour at my store/groups right now.

One friend I have is really wanting to start Necrons... I'll have to tell him about this news. I foresee splitting a few boxes!

(Just please...please, no more vanguard!)

Edited by Prot

Prot, new characters are a reasonable assumption to make.

The only dual army box that didn't have a new character in my recent memory was the Kill team box.

RG vs Tau.

BA vs Tyranids.

DW vs Eldar.

SW vs Orks.

AoS Blightwar.

Possibility of a let down is there, but I would be very surprised if that happens.

Ok I'm quite excited!

Necrons attacking Mars has been a canon event since... 2nd edition I think it was.

Sure I already have a plastic mountain to deal with but I'm definitely grabbing this for a character, scenarios and lore. Besides I admit I'd like a small amount of Necrons.

Both forces have a walker, so either or even both is possible.

The prospect of giant robot battles fills me with glee. :teehee:

This news combined with Adeptus Mechanicus fleets for the BFG: Armada sequel make me feel like I just nodded off and it's still Christmas. 

From youtube comments

"Hmm. A bunch of soulless, humanoid machines bent on the elimination of organic life, with powerful weapons and technology that nobody understands vs. the Necrons? An interesting fight. "

I think my stocks in red bathrobes are going to through the roof.

Hypothetically speaking I think both sides could very well get new units. Both could use it and if I want to follow GWs previous success with these boxes, the trick is including discounted stuff we don’t want with one or two gems that won’t be available as stand alone purchases for months.