Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

Oh, I thought the joke was obvious. I needed my /s (sarcasm alert)

Sorry to disappoint folks. Didn’t mean to get anyone’s hopes up.

I have no sauce - it’s almost certainly not happening. :sad.:

I will take that pint though If by some random coincidence it comes true lol

Doesn't matter, BoLS will still publish it as fact. :biggrin.:

In unrelated news, Cyraxis release in march 2023, right after the plastic thunderhawk.

Haha oh well let’s persist with it then.

Might become a self fulfilling prophecy. Spread the word enough and maybe a designer goes “oh hey that’s a good idea let’s give Admech that back”

Team MAGA

MAGA -Make Admech Great Again!

Pints a plenty if it happens. If it doesnt.... forfeit? You would need to paint an armiger as if it were wearing a tuxedo.

But back on topic: I'm undecided about either splitting the box or just going for it my self. Are the necron units any good/ legal as a standalone force? Might end up keeping them and using them as a small fun army and a painting change.

(Slightly off topic again)

If I keep them, any suggestions or good plogs to browse for insporation?

I always fancied necrons. Mainly cause they have some great unique HQ models/characters. The strength of that is pull enough for me

Some of the range is very dated though. Ie the monolith(aka a rather crude doorstop) but with renewed popularity plastic revamps could be on the cards.

I would google commission necrons to see what the best of the best have painted. Den of Imagination being a good place to start. Always good for getting army envy

I always fancied necrons. Mainly cause they have some great unique HQ models/characters. The strength of that is pull enough for me

Some of the range is very dated though. Ie the monolith(aka a rather crude doorstop) but with renewed popularity plastic revamps could be on the cards.

I would google commission necrons to see what the best of the best have painted. Den of Imagination being a good place to start. Always good for getting army envy

Most of the HQs are the ones needing updated!  The Cryptek in this box is only our 3rd plastic HQ ever.

Most of the HQs are the ones needing updated! The Cryptek in this box is only our 3rd plastic HQ ever.

True. They are fun looking though. But nobody wants to mess around with failcast. Once they make the jump to plastic for the oldies it’s gravy time

Hmmm some of the Armiger issues may be rectified by running one with a full sized knight. Where the big knights weapons and stompy feet might deal with the hordes and the Armiger screens those knight-killers people have had issues with.

As for Necrons, I'm keeping mine. Not just because I always liked them (especially after Dawn of War) but because it's often good to have a second army that a friend can use when you teach them the game or if they weren't able to bring one of theirs when they come visit, and also because the narrative is cool so I can always play that without needing to find a narrative player with a necron army I just need a friend willing to play the other side.

And as for 'rumours' *cough*wishlisting*cough* we know Ad Mech have flyers but not what they will be and I noticed the 'get into 40k book with the single primaris marine has an artwork I'd not seen before of an Ark Mechanicus that has Giant Servo Skulls flying around it! Skull-ships with mechadendrites confirmed for AdMech flyers? And the M.U.L.E. Transport the Onager was based on?

I'm pretty sure the whole M.U.L.E thing is just a reference to en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.L.E.

I don't see any transports other than flying transports coming for us. Excited for the drill transport from forge world though!

Do we know flyers are coming.

Nope, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the latest codex, in the organization section, mention air support units? Also the novel The Carrion Throne mentions flying Servitor interceptors. And our Battlefleet Gothic Carriers have to be carrying some kind of flyer. So in the lore we have them, but there's been no sign of any coming out other than 30k's Vulturax Automata which we might get in Cyraxes. I expect eventually we'll get some though it could well tale one or more editions.

Hmmm some of the Armiger issues may be rectified by running one with a full sized knight. Where the big knights weapons and stompy feet might deal with the hordes and the Armiger screens those knight-killers people have had issues with.

It's almost as if they were designed to be the Squires for the Knights ;)

Which is awesome.

Do we know flyers are coming.

Nope, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the latest codex, in the organization section, mention air support units? Also the novel The Carrion Throne mentions flying Servitor interceptors. And our Battlefleet Gothic Carriers have to be carrying some kind of flyer. So in the lore we have them, but there's been no sign of any coming out other than 30k's Vulturax Automata which we might get in Cyraxes. I expect eventually we'll get some though it could well tale one or more editions.

Well, in the fluff we also have specialized rhinos, Psykers, our own assassin temple, and a lot more. So they have a lot to work from for us!

The rhino was a one-off wasn't it? Been a while since I read - Of Mars. The rest though I do expect we'll see explored over the decades like with other factions. With this set being presaged by correct rumour I'm inclined to believe the rest from that source which means more knights in our immediate future, with hopefully still more synergy with the Mechanicus.

The rhino was a one-off wasn't it? Been a while since I read - Of Mars. The rest though I do expect we'll see explored over the decades like with other factions. With this set being presaged by correct rumour I'm inclined to believe the rest from that source which means more knights in our immediate future, with hopefully still more synergy with the Mechanicus.

The one priest had a command rhino that was custom built it for him but there were others mentioned as carrying Skitarii around the battles.

In the Mars trilogy, skitarii were elite soldiers. In the Word Bearers trilogy, skitarii were thrall armies. In Titanicus, skitarii were bestial combat machines. In the GW release, they are elite soldiers with equipment and details never mentioned before. Guess what, GW and FW can't do anything that's mentioned somewhere in the fluff, there's too much of it out there. A transport and flyers might be nice additions, but so far there's no hint they are coming. Wait for Cyraxis, it can only be a year or two until it's done...

Yeah it's exactly the same design as a standard Knight's weapons. Easiest thing in the world to magnetize.

But what's the point if we don't know of any weapon options?  Or has GW announced somewhere else that option sprues are coming?

Yeah it's exactly the same design as a standard Knight's weapons. Easiest thing in the world to magnetize.

But what's the point if we don't know of any weapon options?  Or has GW announced somewhere else that option sprues are coming?

IIRC, someone looked at the sprues and assembly guide. The weapon sprue is named "B", but there is no sprue marked "A" in the kit. The assembly guide also shows two heads not in the kit. 

Possibility of another kit with a new weapon sprue is ridiculously high.