Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

From youtube comments

"Hmm. A bunch of soulless, humanoid machines bent on the elimination of organic life, with powerful weapons and technology that nobody understands vs. the Necrons? An interesting fight. "

I think my stocks in red bathrobes are going to through the roof.

Hypothetically speaking I think both sides could very well get new units. Both could use it and if I want to follow GWs previous success with these boxes, the trick is including discounted stuff we don’t want with one or two gems that won’t be available as stand alone purchases for months.

I'll happily take more of anything. As well as agreeing about bits, having every weapon combination in a collection future-proofs an army for edition changes. And if it's more Rangers/Skitarii I'll use them for Secutarii.

So anything is good for me model-wise. For me a big part of the excitement is the scenarios, the story, even the box art. Deathstorm really got under my skin that way.

And there's also the possibility of tie-in fiction from Black Library and I'm always up for more Mechanicus fiction.

Every day I'm waiting for this box more eagerly. :P

Also, in the link it also promises a new Necron character!

Crypteks are an iconic element of Necron lore; where other factions use warp-craft or magic to accomplish their goals, Crypteks help the Necrons accomplish their lofty aims of galactic reconquest through pure SCIENCE. This particular Cryptek is the first ever to be cast in plastic and features what looks like some new wargear.

The only details I had were the word "walker" and "characters", but admittedly who said it had no idea if either were fully new.

Replying after the Las Vegas Open reveal of the new Armiger Knight and updated Cryptek.

Looks like your source is sound, thanks for sharing.

I guess there is no new AdMech character, just the necron crypto for them.

No idea if there is any AdMech troops, I'd guess maybe not since finding out it's supposed to have two warglaives in there

What? Two Warglaives are in that box? Wow. I'm getting 10 boxes so I'll have two squads of 10 Glaives (hopefully ObSec!) lol

Wait a second... I just had a thought. What's the chance this isn't an Admech box? What if it's a Necron/Knight box set? This is based on rumour right? So I have to wonder if the person got it right.

I think the Warglaives are smaller than a Knight which may make them more competitive (cheaper, and forcing difficult targeting options). They do have the appearance (legwise) of an IG Sentinel.

Edited by Prot

Two warglaives is what I was told.

Things could have changed from the early lockups of the box set that were seen, so the source could be wrong. In which case I completely apologise for getting folks hopes up.

But they were adamant it was 2.

I'm hoping it is also, what with 6 knights and a fledgling necron army/conversion ideas for AdMech I'll love the box regardless.

Here's fingers crossed until we know more

AdMech Flying saucer

Never even considered this as a possible design for an admech flyer, now I WANT IT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!

On a different not, I'm super excited, cuz a friend of mine is just starting to get into warhammer and is playing necron. This box is gonna be awesome for both if us!

Edit: an after though: what if the warglave is an Hq for admech? I know the consensus is that it's supposed to be a knight in training, but what if part of that training is leading some Vanguard around? Or maybe the admech versions are just tech priests that wanted a bit more "bulk." (as in, our version of terminator HQs is a miniature knight titan XD)

Edited by Odds.043

While that would be Stupidly awesome ...  I'd never run that  " flashlight wielding imperial guard reject copy and paste unit ever again ...
I just dont see them doing it.

Unless it was some kind of names character, like a crusading knight  Armi princeps  that buffed the other knights ...

DAMMIT, NOW I WANT A KNIGHT HQ , leading  a charge  behind my skirmishing Dragoon line