Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

Well, I had a productive morning at work ;-) ,  Cant seem to embed from photos' via mobile though .. Forgive the typo's i'd flattened the Vector before i realised i'd not proof-red it and apparently cant spell ARMIG"E"R

Ursumna a minor character in house raven, http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/House_Raven

Edited by synthaside

There's something coming called Forgefire, could be the name of the book.

Also, wouldn't one of these be cool...

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a26c41ef09ca4da1420a6b4/5a27555e88199ecafdb4340c/5a27557788199ecafdb44b34/1512527223736/KnightCastellan_Det.jpg?format=original

Any more thoughts on this, Forgefire? Would there be a campaign book with the boxed set?

That's like breaking news right? ;-)

I'm not confirming that's what it is, as the individual that showed me didn't notice it at first either when we looked through the schedule.

But it goes back to what I said earlier about it being similar to the blightwar box, and it's a similarly snappy name for a box set if it is the "battle for mars" set mentioned elsewhere

Praise the Omnissiah!

As I invoke the sacred texts and raise the memory banks... there are 4 knight boxes coming.

The Amiger Warblade we've seen

There's something I think called a "Helliger" <spelling mistake is possible>

There's a Castellan

And another one that I think was called a Valiant which again may be the wrong name but is similar.

I think I saw they will rerelease Imperial Knight Renegade

And then you have a codex, datacards and I think dice, but don't quote me on that last bit.

It's a great time to be a Knight Senschal

:-)

I can't wait for some more details on this piece. I really hope it's not a flash in the pan, one weekend pre-sale week of hoopla and then it's done. I don't expect it to be the "Indomnitus crusade" but really if this is the launch of a Campaign, it would be amazing to see AdMech in the thick of it... even if it does involve... Tau.

I think the amiger/helliger are separate boxes, but only a few weeks apart.

Same for the Castellan/Valiant.

But again, I'm extrapolating from a quick look at a release schedule.

So we'll see.

As I said elsewhere, I think we'll see the amiger/s in the box set and the Knight army release later

Edited by hermanista

Well I think I'm confused a bit... are Armiger's actually "Knights"? Is the other variant the  same size?

IF these are Knights, their points will be too cost prohibitive to include more than a pair in adMech army anyway... I can only imagine what GW are setting up for the Knight Codex here. It will probably make AdMech Knights feel a little meager in comparison.

On the other hand perhaps there is a transition here? Perhaps Knights are going to be better represented as a resource of the AdMech arsenal?  

I think that although they are knights they will be cheaper. They are smaller and less heavily armed, after all.

Yes, but how cheap? I mean how many would you take in a 2K list if they were... landraider priced? Let's assume 300 points. 1-2 tops? Would you go 3 and hope your opponent is carrying las? I really find these kinds of units harder and harder to pull off in 8th. It will be interesting to see what kind of survivability they have.

If knights were heavily armed and armoured folk on horseback, and squires were less heavily armed and armoured folk that supported the the knights (e.g. a poor man's knight), then it sounds reasonable to me that the Armiger would be a good bit smaller, but perhaps still a bit more akin to a Knight than a Dreadnought or an Ironstrider.

Indeed, I'd be shocked if they came in north of 200pts, except in the most tricked-out of builds.

Well the rumour is AdMech vs Necrons in a box set. Could this set up a larger summer Campaign? What we do know is that a summer campaign is supposed to happen.

If I were GW and wanted to milk this, I’d start with Admech aligned Questoris Armigers, then do a full release alongside a Knight codex.

So... Scary thought... What if the intent of all this is to further distinguish knights from admech and none of these models will actually be usable in admech detachments...

Okay that us scary. But really limits sales and box set throw ins. Think about how many units of Vanguard they can include in this box.