Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

Yeah they trend more towards being more inclusive than less, especially with niche armies like Knights.

I agree, and I certainly expect this to be the case. It's just that from what I understand the "admech" part of the box set was from a source that wasn't very familiar with the faction, and seeing a red and white squad of mini Knights might make someone jump to admech when GW might actually be planning on it being specifically just Knights.

Just to be clear, I'm not super worried that this might be the case, but the possibility does seem to be there... And I do not like not knowing more...

I would be surprised if Armigers are admech aligned only, or that other designs are imperial aligned only. I instead expect they noticed how many people are putting mageara/styrix plates on paladins etc and put some alternate armour pieces in each kit.

Now it'd be really spectacular if they released an upgrade sprue with an alternate leg build and Mechanicus shoulder and shin plates for the existing knight kit before I get around to building the rest of mine.

Praise the Omnissiah!

As I invoke the sacred texts and raise the memory banks... there are 4 knight boxes coming.

The Amiger Warblade we've seen

There's something I think called a "Helliger" <spelling mistake is possible>

There's a Castellan

And another one that I think was called a Valiant which again may be the wrong name but is similar.

I think I saw they will rerelease Imperial Knight Renegade

And then you have a codex, datacards and I think dice, but don't quote me on that last bit.

It's a great time to be a Knight Senschal

:-)

Ah so there will be a codex/campaign available with the set? Cool.

Just trying to make sure it's not to be confused with the general 8th edition Necrons Codex which we know is coming in March.

Is it confirmed that this is coming in March? Wasn't a boxed set expected for May according to that rumored release schedule?

I just had to contain myself from making an extensive Chaos purchase thinking about this one :P

• 2 weeks later...

Surely Labyrinth of the Necrons has got to be something else right, this is a pretty small scale game release and aimed at kids as per the WH Communitry article.

Still can't wait to see what this Admech vs Necrons release is all about.

Edited by Taliesin

For someone to mistake the two so badly would he unbelievable. My wife has zero knowledge of this game and can tell the difference between AdMech and marines. Also, it apparently doesn't even have actual Necrons in it, as GW's posted pic just has tokens for them. So that box representing "AdMech vs necrons with new characters for each" would be just an astronomical screwup.

I could see GW building a series of games around big events in 8th and placing a few different things that add to focus on key factions. So several different Necron related things at a time make sense if there's going to be a big battle on Mars. With any luck we'll also see multiple Mechanicus things too (I'm hoping that White Dwarf would add rules for playing Mechanicus units in Labyrinth of the Necrons), it would be a great opportunity for GW to release any other Mechanicus units they have in the design pipeline that may not have been ready when the codex dropped.

There's also a good chance of Black Library tie-in pieces with this too. As they've done that for several of these boxed sets.

Praise the Omnissiah!

As I invoke the sacred texts and raise the memory banks... there are 4 knight boxes coming.

The Amiger Warblade we've seen

There's something I think called a "Helliger" <spelling mistake is possible>

There's a Castellan

And another one that I think was called a Valiant which again may be the wrong name but is similar.

I think I saw they will rerelease Imperial Knight Renegade

And then you have a codex, datacards and I think dice, but don't quote me on that last bit.

It's a great time to be a Knight Senschal

:-)

Thats nice, there was a post on 4chan a couple of weeks ago that seemed fairly legit, he posted the supposed Armiger stats and it implied there would be a melee variant as the stats refered to the 'ranged' variant which had an option to get 2 sets of unique Autocannons. Maybe the Helliger is the melee variant.

Found it:

Knight Armiger Ranged Variant : S: 6 T: 7 W: 12 A:4 Ld: 8 Sv 3+ M: 14" Unit can include two additional Armigers or Armiger helverins each Armiger Helverin is equipped with two Armiger Autocannons and a heavy stubber
Edited by redmapa

Oh knows...

I'm on spiky bits.

Eurgh

I guess it was inevitable that this news would eventually be found by such sites.

As we get closer to release and more info, and some images, start to hit my excitement will go through the roof!

Good work on GWs part too with the Mechanicus video game, the Necron and marines intro game and this Mechanicus vs Necron box all in the same year, keeping a lot of excitement around the factions both together and separate. It will be interesting to see how the events the boxed set introduce will play out (could be big, the deathwatch vs harlequin set led to very big things).

Even if the box has only Armigers for the Mechanicus side (and we have no certainty it's just two knights) that would not mean there's no Mechanicus models coming. There's been rumours of new Mechanicus models coming for a long time, so it's still possible a new datasmith, new robots, a transport or flyer might come out at some point connected to this box or the events that follow from it. There's been a lot of rumours and some can take a long time before showing up.

I don’t know... I’d love it if there was real Mechanicus news here but it’s staringto look like a preview to a Knight release. The good news is with these units with the Questoris keyword should hopefully mean we can use them with our strategems. .

Even if in game terms it's a purely knight release that will still function with our Mechanicus forces and in terms of background and narrative it's still by all accounts about the Mechanicus.

If we look at the way the Harlequins and Eldrad release led to the Eldar Triumvirate release we could see more Mechanicus releases at the end or peak of an arc started with this box and foreshadowed in the last timeline entry in our codex.

Oh knows...

I'm on spiky bits.

Eurgh

I guess it was inevitable that this news would eventually be found by such sites.

As we get closer to release and more info, and some images, start to hit my excitement will go through the roof!

I'm astonished as why it took them so long ;-) They probably had a dull week?

My hype level is still high. My hobby saving account is getting more funds each month to afford new toys.

@hermanista

Any news or snippets you can share? :whistling:

I mean I always assumed the March rumour was that it would be announced in March, so probably at adepticon. I personally hope we'll get some more info on this soon as my army expansion is at this point dependent on that whether or not that knight is worth the points/money and what wargear it could be equipped with. Also I'm still drreaming of skitarii primes

I think people mostly just assumed they're tied together. It'd make sense timing wise, and the armiger also has physical cogs (meaning they're not transfers) on the shoulders so the one shown does look very admech.

The cogs I saw on the left shoulder looked painted or to be transfers. The Admech cog on the back definitely looks "physical", sculpted onto the model.