Ad Mech VS Necrons Box in March

Charlo

I think people mostly just assumed they're tied together. It'd make sense timing wise, and the armiger also has physical cogs (meaning they're not transfers) on the shoulders so the one shown does look very admech.

The cogs I saw on the left shoulder looked painted or to be transfers. The Admech cog on the back definitely looks "physical", sculpted onto the model.

You know what? You might be right, I must have misremembered, the top of the shoulder pads are cog shaped though

But if the cogs remain, it's still a sign of the unit being "AdMech-ish" in nature.

I guess I lost the connection to Tau in all this, but if the Tau codex release is in March, then why is it far fetched to believe that the very same week, or week after (phase 2) would see a new box set. I mean this is how they did Kauyon.

In my mind that's certainly possible (although to be fair I really know nothing about ths subject) but I still feel like this is something that would be announced at adepticon, and takes place late March I believe. So I'm thinking mid to late April. Again, I have no info or knowledge on this subject, just speculation and hope

So I'm confused now... Is the 'box set' rumour completely unrelated to the Armiger we've seen leaked by GW?

There is one/two Armigers in the boxset

So we have no real idea how big this box is then? As in the opposing necron forces. Because it seems like the armiger will be around the same size as a redemptor dreadnought, maybe slightly larger and those retail for £40 so if there's two armigers in the box then the necron side would have to be quite substantial.. Is there anything else rumoured to be in the box on the admech side or is it "just" the 1 or 2 armigers?

Maybe there are no Necrons? What if this box was meant to mirror the Renegade Knight game set where you could make one of each Knight and fight it out.

Then the week or two after they will release the Armiger separate with more options.

So I'm confused now... Is the 'box set' rumour completely unrelated to the Armiger we've seen leaked by GW?

There is one/two Armigers in the boxset

So we have no real idea how big this box is then? As in the opposing necron forces. Because it seems like the armiger will be around the same size as a redemptor dreadnought, maybe slightly larger and those retail for £40 so if there's two armigers in the box then the necron side would have to be quite substantial.. Is there anything else rumoured to be in the box on the admech side or is it "just" the 1 or 2 armigers?

Mate has gone quiet on it, the only thing I can link it too really is the similarity to the blightwar or death masque boxes.

So blight war was 2 start collecting and two new characters.

Death Masque was a death watch start collecting and the harliquin bits - equivalent to a sc I suppose plus eldrad.

With that in mind - maybe a necron start collecting, the new necron character, and then the armiger/s?

Sounds roughly feasible, but I admit I'm guessing at this point

Yeah, I'm very torn between making purchases I want now or waiting for this. Without knowing any more it's very hard to plan.

Good thing I still have a lot of backlog. No new purchases until that shrinks...or the instabuy impulse takes over again. :whistling:

Either way, as I need to stock up for my AdMech reboot anyway, more box deals won't be that bad.

March was always going to be in peoples minds as it's the month named for Mars. But whether assumed or planned the release schedule is flexible so timetable rumours are usually unreliable.

We know the Armigers are coming, we know the Necrons are coming and coming soon (possibly April). So April or May as part of Necron releases would be a reasonable likelihood, though it's no certainty.

Amazing!

Take that natfka naysayers! Lol

Natfka wasn’t where the rumour originated from (pretty sure Natfka just collates all the rumours? Meaning a lot of it is wrong, hence the general naysaying). Edited by fire golem

No, a chunk of it originated from me on here, lol.

But then the commenters on natfka ranted, lol

Oh I seeee. Apologies, I didn’t realise the rumours had come from you (should have read more of the thread first); I thought you meant naysayers of Natfka, not naysayers on Natfka.

A friend just sent me the picture and I came running here. I'm so freaking happy I was starting to believe this wasn't going to be the true the way we thought. Insta-buy!