Custodes and Sororitas

bkde

I've got some from the Prospero box. I have been thinking about painting black highlights on them for mourning and saying they hang out with my OML for penance reasons, being part of a subfaction who weren't willing to stop feeling bad about the Custodes letting the Emperor be lost to the Golden Throne.

Anyone thinking of including some of the new custodes with their girls?

That teleporting Shield Captain with Celestine seems pretty dangerous, as does the 5++ banner for imperium buff.

Those are both kinda trap-y for SoB. The teleport armor only works in your opponents phase so you have to charge something scary enough that your opponent is willing to let both Celestine and a Shield Captain beat on it.

The 5++ shield is 80ish points for a 6" bubble that can't keep up with basically anything in the sisters army and also loses a lot of it's effectiveness due to the natural 6++ of SoB, though it would be a godsend for Penitent engines (if they benefit, not sure if it's infantry only)

The big winner for standard Doms+Seraphim SoB is the Shield Captain on Dawneagle jetbike. Make him your warlord, give him the 3++ relic and the 5+++ WT and for 160pts you get a 7w T6 character with a 3++5+++ with 5 S6 ap-3 d3 attack that hit in 2s rerolling and rerolls to wound when it charges. Which is always because the relic bike gives reroll charges.plus you get either a hurricane bolter or for 15pts more you can take 24 inch meltagun that rerolls to-wound on vehicles.

Tried the shield captain on bike as warlord with the regular hurricane bolters, misercordia, 3++ and reroll charges relic and 5+ ignore wounds warlord trait.

That guy is a beast, basically a second Celestine, but by having him as warlord it takes some of the heat off Celestine. I think Celestine is slightly more dangerous in combat, but both are equally as difficult to kill.

Definitely brings a lot of bonuses to a Sisters list.

That guy is a beast, basically a second Celestine, but by having him as warlord it takes some of the heat off Celestine.

After seeing some of the LVO lists i've been thinking of one of the ultra fast BA 'captain smash' units for that role, but the shield captain does look to need a whole lot less in the way of command points to field...

Tried the shield captain on bike as warlord with the regular hurricane bolters, misercordia, 3++ and reroll charges relic and 5+ ignore wounds warlord trait.

That guy is a beast, basically a second Celestine, but by having him as warlord it takes some of the heat off Celestine. I think Celestine is slightly more dangerous in combat, but both are equally as difficult to kill.

Definitely brings a lot of bonuses to a Sisters list.

Mathematically they're exactly the same, the misercordia and gemini are basically a wash. The biggest difference in their combat abilities comes down to the Custodes D3 damage making him swingy-er.

I haven't seen the BA Cap'n smash, what's his deal?

Blood Angels captain, thunder hammer, jump pack.

You can spend 1 CP to make him Death Company (+1 attack and a 6++) and then another 2 to make a pre-game move with him, or alternatively deepstrike and spend CPs for a 3d6 charge - your choice. Once he does charge in you spend another CP for +1D3 attacks, and then a few more for a bonus attack round including the above bonuses (3CPs if he lives, 2CPs if he died in the attack)

You are wounding on 2+ against anything short of toughness 8, with a -3 save mod.

You then add to that either a relic hammer and basic warlord trait for 2+ to hit, 3 damage per swing, and +1 attack

-or the relic wings and artisan trait for 3+ to hit, 4 damage per swing, reroll charges, and immunity to overwatch

For maximum effect it does mean throwing your warlord and most of your CPs away, but he is dirt cheap and is a legitimate threat to one-shot a primarch on the first turn - his single target damage output is insane.

edit - oh, and as a captain he's rerolling his 1s to hit as well.

Edited by A.T.