Vanitor 501st - From the ashes we rise

ProminusIV

Bullgryns

I finally finished painting my converted bullgryns, i loved building them, but painting them was a bit of a chore. These bad boys are going to give my army a much needed counter-punch, i'm thinking of adding another 3 to the collection to have some flexibility in fielding them. 

Thoughts?

Yvl8d0zh.jpg

Edited by ProminusIV

You've knocked it out the park again though I'd think of paining that cable that's on the hazard stripes on the axe as the rest of the paint (and conversion) work is good enough that the omission stands out. 

I wish my stuff was anywhere near as good as this. 

Yeah, that cable does pop a lot doesn't it, i'll have to take a look at that :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Tank Commander 

Al Ramad Amira, ‘The Ash Princess’. Commander of the 501st armored devision. She is known as one of the five strategic prodigies of Prominus IV and honored veteran of the second Coraxian crusade. She is the heir of the al-Samad family, the current leaders of the southern ashen clans.

Dozens of battles, seven command tank kills and three masterful heavy tank kills are registered on Shadow of Grief, steel carriage of The Ash Princess, the bane of heretic armor! 

aQM03dnl.jpg

Tjno319l.jpg

E9uuTQhl.jpg

miexxrGl.jpg

Edited by ProminusIV

Excellent work on the Ash Princess and her mount. I'm impressed with the kills she made on enemy tanks- can't be easy with multi-meltas, when battle cannons have three times the range, meaning she must literally tank enemy attacks for quite some time- without the ability to retaliate- before she can get close enough to shoot.

Excellent work on the Ash Princess and her mount. I'm impressed with the kills she made on enemy tanks- can't be easy with multi-meltas, when battle cannons have three times the range, meaning she must literally tank enemy attacks for quite some time- without the ability to retaliate- before she can get close enough to shoot.

The ways of her tank hunting are mysterious indeed! 

The army is jaw dropping.

Thanks!

Stunning, I marvel how you can paint so well.

Thank you! Still a lot to learn though.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard word she trained under none other than Creed himself, and the rare survivors of her attacks are seemingly driven insane by their experience claiming that she appears almost from nothing...

Shas'la T'au Sha'ng, granted the cognomen of "Longstrike" for his marksmanship, carefully centered the railgun's crosshairs over what would be his greatest kill in this campaign: The Imperial tank ace Commander Princess Al Ramad Amira, known as the "Ash Princess" for her proficiency with multi-meltas. Sha'ng knew the weapons as crude analogues to the Tau fusion blaster: Deadly at short range, but harmless so long as one remained beyond their reach, as Longstrike was.

"For Shas'la Ma'tu W'aru'do," Sha'ng swore, squeezing the trigger to avenge his fallen comrade.

Bam, clang, clatter, clatter! The railgun exploded, shaking the Hammerhead it was mounted on. The Shadow of Grief- the Ash Princess' command tank, a Leman Russ Punisher with bow and sponson-mounted multi-meltas- drove out the railgun muzzle, the Imperial vehicle's weight forcing its Tau analogue's bow into the ground.

"What?!" Longstrike forced his attention away from the Punisher gatling cannon now aimed at his face, to what the now destroyed railgun's crosshairs were centered on: a thin wisp of smoke eight kilometers away- a distance the Imperial vehicle crossed in a split-second, emerging from its ambush position in Sha'ng's own command tank's railgun. "That's impossible!" a thought shared by countless other enemies of the Imperium.

"Surprise!" At Commander Princess Al Ramad's command, the bow and sponson gunners squeezed their triggers, sending melta beams through the Hammerhead like a titanium trident through a jellyfish's buttery flesh.

The word "How?!" barely left Longstrike's lips, when his command tank transformed into a fireball.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

I heard word she trained under none other than Creed himself, and the rare survivors of her attacks are seemingly driven insane by their experience claiming that she appears almost from nothing...

Shas'la T'au Sha'ng, granted the cognomen of "Longstrike" for his marksmanship, carefully centered the railgun's crosshairs over what would be his greatest kill in this campaign: The Imperial tank ace Commander Princess Al Ramad Amira, known as the "Ash Princess" for her proficiency with multi-meltas. Sha'ng knew the weapons as crude analogues to the Tau fusion blaster: Deadly at short range, but harmless so long as one remained beyond their reach, as Longstrike was.

"For Shas'la Ma'tu W'aru'do," Sha'ng swore, squeezing the trigger to avenge his fallen comrade.

Bam, clang, clatter, clatter! The railgun exploded, shaking the Hammerhead it was mounted on. The Shadow of Grief- the Ash Princess' command tank, a Leman Russ Punisher with bow and sponson-mounted multi-meltas- drove out the railgun muzzle, the Imperial vehicle's weight forcing its Tau analogue's bow into the ground.

"What?!" Longstrike forced his attention away from the Punisher gatling cannon now aimed at his face, to what the now destroyed railgun's crosshairs were centered on: a thin wisp of smoke eight kilometers away- a distance the Imperial vehicle crossed in a split-second, emerging from its ambush position in Sha'ng's own command tank's railgun. "That's impossible!" a thought shared by countless other enemies of the Imperium.

"Surprise!" At Commander Princess Al Ramad's command, the bow and sponson gunners squeezed their triggers, sending melta beams through the Hammerhead like a titanium trident through a jellyfish's buttery flesh.

The word "How?!" barely left Longstrike's lips, when his command tank transformed into a fireball.

Holy throne! She really is a devious one that Ash Princess! Great writing <3

For the Emperor! For Vanitor! From the ashes we rise!!

jf114Fah.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Holy throne! She really is a devious one that Ash Princess! Great writing <3

For the Emperor! For Vanitor! From the ashes we rise!!

jf114Fah.jpg

This picture really captures why the Guard is such a cool faction. You could line these guys up next to some Cadians or Kreig and never feel like they weren't part of 40k.

• 1 month later...

August von Asche.

August von Asche, the proud wearer of a silver skull. Earned for destroying a cohort of slaughter-kind during the purge of hive Halhoth. Though grievously wounded, his chainblade kept killing in the name of the Emperor. Leaving him covered in heretic blood as sole survivor of his platoon. 

During his recovery on the ‘Emperors reverance’ August started having disturbing dreams of himself navigating a small boat down a river running red with dark blood and gore. Though shaken, his immense faith in the Emperor of mankind protects him from the effects of these dreams, or so August thinks...

Being a member of the von Asche family comes with its own set of problems for the 501st, as they are the rivals of the van Hoff family. Creating an immediate distrust between Albert and Wilhelm (the company commander). Whether shared combat experience will dissolve or deepen their personal problems remains to be seen. 

rrNYtG4l.jpg