Vanitor 501st - From the ashes we rise

ProminusIV

They look really great all painted up, well done. :smile.:

In fact, seeing them almost makes me wish GW had actually made some new RR models since 2E!

I was actually quite annoyed they took them out of the codex, but glad we can still use them with the index. Here's hoping they won't completely write them out in 9th someday :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Banner bearers of the 501st

One of the most honorable tasks in the Vanitor 501st is carrying the regimental standard into battle. In short succession come the squad banner bearers of Hive Vanitor. If they fall, and fall they will, their fellow soldiers will go above and beyond to recapture and raise the banners of the 501st. +++ From the ashes we rise +++

Xggo5KNh.jpg

With Nina Steel as sergeant, Charlie squad is ready to crush the enemies of the God-Emperor.

Is Charlie Squad an all-female unit, or a mixed gender one? The name "Nina" sounds feminine.

My army is mixed gender, with Nina being a female squad sergeant. My upcoming company commander is also female. On Prominus IV all non-heretics are 'welcome' to join the guard.

My army is mixed gender, with Nina being a female squad sergeant. My upcoming company commander is also female. On Prominus IV all non-heretics are 'welcome' to join the guard.

Good to know. Hopefully, she EARNED the rank by demonstrating personal skills and competence. (The fact we're supposed to believe someone as incompetent as Holdo is a "strong female leader" in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi', pisses me off.)

Good to know. Hopefully, she EARNED the rank by demonstrating personal skills and competence. (The fact we're supposed to believe someone as incompetent as Holdo is a "strong female leader" in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi', pisses me off.)

Unfortunately there is a lot of honour being a member of the guard under the nobility and families of the upper hive spires. in the 501st, only Sergeant Baldric of beta squad earned his rank through support from the ranks, the rest are all purchased or given ranks through money or power. No way Nina Steel would start her military career as a low-life soldier. Though the Steel family is not powerful enough to get her a position higher than Sergeant. Hive Vanitor, like many other hives in the imperium, is run by power, money and corruption. The value of personal skills and competence is unfortunately not so popular. 

Edited by ProminusIV

Hultz looks great! Is her rank actually "Company Commander," i.e., your regiment uses that term in place of "Captain"? And (an inevitable question, considering the use of Adepta Sororitas components) does she count as wearing power armor, or mere carapace armor?

Hultz looks great! Is her rank actually "Company Commander," i.e., your regiment uses that term in place of "Captain"? And (an inevitable question, considering the use of Adepta Sororitas components) does she count as wearing power armor, or mere carapace armor?

In game I'd assume it will count as flak armour because IG lost the ability to give our characters carapace.

In game it's flak armor, as for her title, it would possible be field commander, or field captain, front-officer, i'll have to give it a thought. Any suggestions?