Vanitor 501st - From the ashes we rise

ProminusIV

In the US Army, a captain is a company commander. "Field grade officers" include majors (who usually serve as staff officers instead of commanding units of their own), lieutenant colonels (who typically serve as battalion commanders), and colonels (who serve as regiment commanders).

The rank you give Hultz should depend on her role. Maybe "Captain-Commander" to show she commands the company, instead of serving as a mere staff officer?

The fancy armour why she has a 5++ :wink:

It's disappointing carpace is all, but gone

Scions and Lord Commissars being the only ones I'm aware of with a 4+

But thats probably a discussion for elsewhere.. 

Exactly! Expertly crafted flak armor 5++ 

In the US Army, a captain is a company commander. "Field grade officers" include majors (who usually serve as staff officers instead of commanding units of their own), lieutenant colonels (who typically serve as battalion commanders), and colonels (who serve as regiment commanders).

The rank you give Hultz should depend on her role. Maybe "Captain-Commander" to show she commands the company, instead of serving as a mere staff officer?

Captain-Commander Isabella Hultz, not bad! 

To further expand on his, Captain is a Rank, Commander is a position. For instance a company commander's signature block it would read (Using your character):

Hultz, Isabella, CPT IG

Commander, A Co, Vanitor 501st

In the US Military, Commanders wear a special badge to denote their position and thus their command privileges and responsibilities. Your model is distinct enough to not need such minutia. 

By the way, 'tis an outstanding army you have, and I might have to steal some of your ideas...

A fine-looking army.

Yes, an impressive army indeed. I especially like the OSL on the plasmas and the vet squad.

They look awesome!

Really can't beat army shots like this - fantastic work! :thumbsup:

All the third party bits look great, unique and characterful but not out of place.

Thanks a lot!

All the third party bits look great, unique and characterful but not out of place.

Glade guard - AoS

• 10 months later...

Absolutely sublime!

I love everything you're doing here.

The mix of parts and models makes for a very individual and memorable force.

Thank you sir! 

You have a good taste in art. Please pass on my compliments to Hammk

Will do.

Wow I’ve often considered using admech or neophyte bits to spice up the small army I have. You’ve done it far better than I could have imagined. The artwork is stunning and fitting, very cool. I’ve also commissioned artwork and know how special that can be.

The vanguard helmets are just so nice! Couldn't resist building some guardsmen with them, and once the ball started rolling...well...the rest is history :) 

I have a commissioned piece from him too! He's really great.

Yeah! Your mate that posted the comission on reddit inspired me so much that i had to order a commission. Your painting is so awesome! Soooo much better than the current representation of the guard in official 40k art.