Vanitor 501st - From the ashes we rise

ProminusIV

August's model is well done. Did the Roman-style helmet come from a Warhammer Fantasy Battle Empire model?

Thanks! The helmet/face/beard are from an empire pistolier. The crest is from a 30k space marine sergeant. 

Excellent conversion work! I also really like the fluff that you're putting together. Really helps bring even more character to your already characterful force.

Also, would you mind specifying where you found some of these bits? I recognize most of the empire parts but where did you find the cape and that awesome cane?

Excellent conversion work! I also really like the fluff that you're putting together. Really helps bring even more character to your already characterful force.

Also, would you mind specifying where you found some of these bits? I recognize most of the empire parts but where did you find the cape and that awesome cane?

Thanks so much! I try to make it easy for myself to forge a narrative around the 501st. I think the power-dynamic between the two leaders will allow me to have two forces on different parts of the planet we're fighting on. And allows for some possible heretic force dynamics against other imperium armies :)

The cape is from the empire pistoliers, re-positioned and the sword arm cut off. The cane is from the Delaque gang set. Sword is empire general + normal chainsword. Body is from anvil industry.   

• 1 month later...

+++ Commanders of the Vanitor 501st +++

VSTgQP3h.jpg

Captain Isabella Holtz, 501st frontline command.
Parts: Inquisitor Greyfax, skitarii vanguard helmet, ruststalker blade, sister of silence shoulderpad, space marine head-crest.

Colonel Wilhelm van Hoff, 501st regimental command.
Parts: Scion command cloak, bretonninan men at arms legs, command squad chest, sisters of silence hand and shoulderpad, flagelant head

Major August von Asche, 501st second-in-command.
Parts: Empire greatsword legs, anvil industry chest, pistoliers helmet, space marines head-crest, delaque gang cane, empire general sword arm, chainsword

• 2 months later...

Mortar Teams

Working on 2x3 mortar teams, here are the first three, WiP. I added a sergeant to one of the bases for added narrative to the unit. 

"The 501st have a tradition of adding an artillery sergeant to their mortar teams as they are often crewed by recruits fresh from the Vanitorian military academy. These recruits are known to be in need of an experienced soldier to inspire and educate them in the field. The sergeant’s secondary role is to promote promising recruits to the frontline infantry squads. This system has proven very effective and decreased infantry deaths by 3%. Neighboring planetary defense forces have shown interest in the system and have started applying it to their own heavy weapon teams. "

N91zF4M.jpg

5NClsCD.jpg

Edited by ProminusIV