(Noeh's Death Guard) Rats spreading plague? Preposterous!

Noeh

Feel like I should get around to this and haven't yet. I'm super awful at finishing one project before starting another, but I'm coming up to having everything I want with Death Guard...so I am now on the path to finishing models and painting them completely. However a lot of this is still WIP.

AQ0ao2B.jpg

Lets start with the big...well woman in charge.

Leading the band of merry and awful rats in space is the female rat in their natural enormous glory, Wastelord Skinth. She's a counts as for Mortarion and is sized to meet his mighty size. 

OCMpugm.jpg

lOOKqPR.jpg

Underneath the second image is what I've been using as a Malignant Plaguecaster without the Suppurating Plate. But! Speaking of the fun psyker with plate gear....

LsV6Yar.jpg?2

KTilI6k.jpg?2

Vc3qC0w.jpg?3

An Arch Warlock true to their typical might with trusty spear and plasma gun. (Of course it's all just for flavor here..maybe some of the smites are just him shooting) 

Next is the second in command more or less. Typhus! Or at least a rat that can lift Typhus by the neck due to sheer size. Along side him a space marine for scale. Behind and beside him are the legion of plague marine rats that make up part of the army. At the bottom is more finished images of the both of them. Still WIP. Seriously trying to find JUST Typhus's scythe bit is ridiculous.

8EyR3KO.jpg?1

6gsAadX.jpg?2

mzoLu3L.jpg?1

Further painted below.

lJcluGn.jpg

siChpk4.jpg

Now for the more insidious parts I've been working on. The engineers have been cranking up Skryre technology to 15 with all the fancy bits and bobs they've salvaged here in the 40k universe worth of warpscience. Flying Doomwheels! Foetid bloat drones I've only fitted fleshmowers on for now, but boy do they work well. In front of them is something I actually just slapped together tonight. I was going to use plague monks as poxwalkers, but I much prefer the ghouls approach to them. Feral skaven being herded along by my counts as Typhus.

JOTX2TH.jpg?2

Wzs92Z2.jpg?2

0rwAKBS.jpg?2

Mp9g8t3.jpg?2

There's a few other things I have in the box I still need to get pictures of. A small group of 30 clanrat chaos cultists with rifles ready to go for their Wastelord, the most generic looking Plaguecrawler because I like the normal model, a chaos lord in terminator armor, some chaos spawn still unmade entirely, a plague surgeon, a tallyman, and wip deathshroud terminators. I still need a few different bits to start on my blightbringer and finish off a few things.

But this is my current work of 40k. I still have sisters of battle conversions and my lovely army of grots, but neither of them have codices and current meta entirely denies my ability to play them. So I brought my rats from Sigmar to 40k which I much prefer. In Sigmar they travel between the realms by ripping literal holes in space and time. Not too hard to believe some found their way to 40k. Let the Great Horned Rat reign.

I'll be honest... I don't really know entirely what I'm looking at, but it looks awesome!

Rats. Lots of rats. A lot of the models are being done with a more Death Guard color scheme to hopefully be less confusing when I plop them on a table. Luckily DG doesn't need a huge variety of units on a table to be effective.

My area got really big into Sigmar but I prefer 40k by far. So I had like 10k points of Skaven because I like the race, but I lost almost all interest in Sigmar myself. I decided to make some things that could be used in both games if I really needed to. So now I have Clan Skryre that works in 40k as well.

So now we know what happens if a transport full of Astra Militarum Ratlings gets stranded in the warp and prays to Nurgle for salvation! Amazing!

Nurgle opens a hole for Skaven to come through. To ratlings they probably look like gods