I've been painting yellow for years. I've been collecting imperial fists for over 10 years. I've quite a collection together but most of it painted back before GW released the newer style of washes.

However I picked up a box of primaris recently and in a month have already put together a respectful amount of models. They really are the best space marine models gw have ever done. I just wanted to show them off here.

gallery_54526_4879_99983.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_96379.jpg

Cohesive, clean and complete. It's refreshing – and surprisingly rare – to see an army this consistent. They look lovely, and it's particularly nice to see the restrained and thoughtful kitbashing (such as the helm crests on the officers) to support your iconography.

Edited by Apologist

Fantastic work, Iron Foot. :tu:

That's an impressive force to build in such a short span of time. They will definitely stand out on any table they're deployed on, not just due to their colour but also the quality of the work put into assembling/kitbashing/basing and painting the models.

Your models look good, but why the Iron Warriors-style hazard stripes on the Vindicators' dozer blades? That seems to risk misidentification and subsequent "friendly fire."

Hazard stripes have been used by loyalist Adeptus Astartes since 1st edition.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A quick update. More marines done. Inceptor squad completed

I've started on some phobos units to supplement what I've got done so far.

Converting my contemptor into a mortis variant.

Building a land raider Prometheus

Got a work in progress jetbike for my captain on bike (just for fun!)

gallery_54526_4879_820010.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_410540.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_59049.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_523813.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_164449.jpg

gallery_54526_4879_299491.jpg

I recently played with them over on #40kbunker if you want to see them play against some filthy iron warriors head over to

Oh wow. These guys are looking better and better.

That jetbike is inspired. Can we get more angles of it? (totally gonna steal that for one of my own :lol:)

Where’s that head from?

That's a Reiver head.

When I'm done with it I'll put some photos up. Got lots to tidy up on it and I need to make the rider actually fit properly!

Thanks to all for the thanks and encouragement.

• 3 months later...

The kitbashed jetbike looks great! I think I recognize a Stormtalon gunship's engine as one of its components; what other parts were used to make it?

Thanks!

It's mostly storm talon bits mashed with a marine bike. The sides of the cockpit.. the tail wing cut down. Cant remember where the gun shield is from.. but I'm sure it's from that kit. The guns are just 2 bolt rifles. Scout bike handle bars. Sat behind him is the nemesis dreadknight psycannon bit

gallery_54526_4879_285385.jpg

You can see the parts quite well here.

Edited by Iron Foot

That's a fine-looking army, Iron Foot; I hope you're proud of your efforts! :tu:

What's next on your to-do list?

Thanks it means a lot.

Heavy hellblasters.. got 5 almost finished another 5 to do.

I'm doing some vanguard guys to do I'm mixing mk 6 parts with then to give them a retro feel. It also makes them just look like lightly armed units not sneaky sneaky ones.

15 infiltrators, captain, lieutenant. 6 eliminators.

Started work one one thunder fire cannon.. a second to build.

Then in the when I get a chance to buy if I dont get distracted.. I'm planning on putting some intercessors on dawn eagle jetbikes mounting heavy bolters where the hurricanes go and calling them landspeeders. Another 5 intercessors and then I'll be at full battle company strength.