28 mm Eisenhorn: Sat Feb 24th, resin

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t give him an improved or easier to cast version of the dominate psychic power to represent the ‘will’ power he uses in the books.

It was never OP or super powerful in the books if I recall. 

Ran

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t give him an improved or easier to cast version of the dominate psychic power to represent the ‘will’ power he uses in the books.

Ran

I think if anything his might be able to target units rather than just characters, as he definitely wills more than one person to leave cover on a few occasions.  I am extremely happy with his rules and I'm stoked to pick him up and use him!

cherubeal is still not good even with the +2s. Daemonhost rules are abysmal at best. Bring back the old unbound rules for them from the old WD article coupled with some actual models (none currently exist) then lets get excited lol.

Ran

That’s true, I was just thinking it would make him more thematic and true to his character, more of a neat gimmick than anything major :)

cherubeal is still not good even with the +2s. Daemonhost rules are abysmal at best. Bring back the old unbound rules for them from the old WD article coupled with some actual models (none currently exist) then lets get excited lol.

For a 25 points model he is good. 4 power sword attacks that hit on 3 and wound on 2 against most infantry won’t kill whole armies, but is also nothing to scoff at on a kinda durable character. Sure he has to stay near Gregor, but he also wants to be somewhat close either way. The demonhost special rules with a chance for Mortal wounds and his shooting are then only a nice addition.

Erm, he's absolute amazing for 25 points. He's a character also.

Edited by Ishagu

If I open it in the store and it has a defect, would I be in my rights to demand an exchange on the spot given GW policy or would I need to talk to customer service? Anyone have experiences with Marbo or the like?

If the item is stocked in the GW store, you should be able to exchange it immediately, if not, they will need to order you another one.

There's always the actual Daemonhost mini. I think I've got two stashed somewhere from picking them up years ago.

I wish I had gotten one when they were still available, I always did like the one with the horns.  I'm kicking myself trying to figure out how to convert Cherubael now!

I wonder at what phase in his career they will present him.

At the current point in the timeline he must be ancient.

Cheers

Vogon

Would probably be current timeline.

I would love a 28mm inquisitor game. We already have 28mm Artemis...

Technically we already do. Just play Narrative 8e 40k with Imperial Agents. Use cultists as pawns, use Chaos marines as bosses. Lots of potential honestly.

As for the model, I like it a lot and I loved the Eisenhorn omnibus. Though, isn't he bald by now? (then again, the Imperium probably does have ways of fixing that) How old would he be though? He was like over 200 in the books IIRC

I would love a 28mm inquisitor game. We already have 28mm Artemis...

Technically we already do. Just play Narrative 8e 40k with Imperial Agents. Use cultists as pawns, use Chaos marines as bosses. Lots of potential honestly.

That's not technically, though - A Warhammer 40,000 game featuring only inquisitors is no more "Inquisitor" than two space marine armies fighting is 'Horus Heresy'.

What I want is the actual "Inquisitor" game, re-released with 28mm models and supported in GW stores, with all the depth of rules and background. 

Edited by Xenith