Legion of the Damned

SickSix

Is anyone else concerned that the most awesome dudes in the Space Marines codex in the past have been left out in 8th edition?

My hopes were bouyied when they featured heavily in the Gathering Storm. I thought for sure we might see a plastic kit.

But now they are relegated to the Index data sheets even after the new Codex: SM release.

For anyone that read Dark Imperium, without giving too much away did they make an appearance on that book?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably more likely they'll get a Deathwatch-style mini-faction treatment than be removed altogether.

Goodness I hope so! That would mean more than one kit hopefully!

Rats. I was looking into calling my DIY Primaris a rebuilt Fire Hawks chapter and being able to use Legion would have been very flavorful. I was thinking Reviers would have been nice models to convert to LotD.

Rats. I was looking into calling my DIY Primaris a rebuilt Fire Hawks chapter and being able to use Legion would have been very flavorful. I was thinking Reviers would have been nice models to convert to LotD.

You can still do that. Use Raven Guard for the Primaris, and add a detachment of LotD. The uniformed look will add to the pleasure of the game.

SJ

Huh...I hadn't even noticed they were gone.  Kind of appropriate really :laugh.:

That's just what they want you to think. Then, when you least expect it...

Ghost bolters everywhere!

In all seriousness though, I'd say they're definitely going to get the Deathwatch treatment, maybe with some Characters being introduced, some Damned Dreadnoughts, etc. They make more sense as an independent mini-faction really, as there's no reason they should be specific to Codex Chapters. Surely they turn up to help the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves every so often, maybe even the other Imperial factions.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

I sure hope they get a minidex with Relics, Strats, and WL Traits. They were my all star unit in 5th when a Terminator Librarian could attach and teleport in with them casting Vortex of Doom. Then they came back in 7th with the Animus Malorum making them so tough. Unfortunately now I had to remove my Combi-grav to make them playable in 8th. Haven't used them yet tho.

LotD characters would, ironically, suck the character out of their mythos. One of the biggest parts of their mystery is their unknown: are they lost Marines; are they the Fire Hawks; are they manifest Imperial Daemons; are they sent by the Emperor or just drawn to dire situations like moths to a flame?

Giving them literal characters (ie, named with backgrounds) would demolish their facelessness.

So give them characters without names/solid backgrounds? I don't mean like Brother-Captain Spooky, leader of the Legion of the Damned, but rather the Burning Knight, a figure that appears every so often at the head of the Legion of the Damned, and appears to be some kind of leader-figure, but no communication has been witnessed as of yet.

Plus, didn't they already have a named Sergeant way back when they were first introduced?

LotD characters would, ironically, suck the character out of their mythos. One of the biggest parts of their mystery is their unknown: are they lost Marines; are they the Fire Hawks; are they manifest Imperial Daemons; are they sent by the Emperor or just drawn to dire situations like moths to a flame?

Giving them literal characters (ie, named with backgrounds) would demolish their facelessness.

Sargent Centurius has been a LotD character since 2e.

SJ

From memory they dont feature in Dark Imperium or Cadia Stands

A mini DW style or Imperial agents style release would be awesome. Especially with new plastics based on what they've been coming out with lately!

SJ

...which I still regret not purchasing at the time. I think I was too busy saving my pocket money for another model. I forget what though.

SJ

...which I still regret not purchasing at the time. I think I was too busy saving my pocket money for another model. I forget what though.
I missed out on getting him, too. So I converted one for my LotD army back in 2e.

SJ