New Codex, New Cryptek

NTaW

I've been theoryhammering a ton recently, and Warriors --unless get dropped to like ~10pts/ea--have become more and more like IG Conscripts or Infantry Squads: either take big giant blobs of them or keep them and cheap and minimal threat for sitting on back objectives.

I've been theoryhammering a ton recently, and Warriors --unless get dropped to like ~10pts/ea--have become more and more like IG Conscripts or Infantry Squads: either take big giant blobs of them or keep them and cheap and minimal threat for sitting on back objectives.

I think 5 tessla immortals make better objective campers. I have found a use in my list for 15ish Warriors. They make a good anchor or anvil unit with a little character support.

I'd only use Warriors in a list which also includes a Ghost Ark and a Cryptek with Chronometron (and the immune to morale-Warlord Trait on something nearby, possibly the same Cryptek.)

40-60 Warriors with a 4+/5++ and who reanimates on a 4+ with reroll.

If your opponent targets the Ghost Ark play the Quantum Shielding-Stratagem. 

Not unkillable by any means, but damn hard to remove for many lists.

I think I'm OK with pretty much everything in the beta leak, though points costs for a few units could certainly be shifted to make them more relevant. Hopefully we see that shift up a bit (looks hard at Monolith). Either way it's heartening to see more wording confirmed by WC.

We definitely need some strong shooting of sorts...it kinda seems like they forgot that we can't glance everything to death anymore.

That and Transport options for non-aligned characters.

And points drops to make things like Warriors and Immortals worthwhile....if Tomb Blades are as good as they seem to be and get a points drop....there's almost no reason to run Immortals.

We definitely need some strong shooting of sorts...it kinda seems like they forgot that we can't glance everything to death anymore.

That and Transport options for non-aligned characters.

And points drops to make things like Warriors and Immortals worthwhile....if Tomb Blades are as good as they seem to be and get a points drop....there's almost no reason to run Immortals.

except that immortals are regular troops...

if Tomb Blades are as good as they seem to be and get a points drop....there's almost no reason to run Immortals.

Well, they're Troops and way less susceptible to multi-wound attacks.

They are also <Infantry> for abilities/stratagems that affect infantry but not bikes.

Hi, I’m new to necrons but not to 40k, I’ve been playing emperor’s children and slaanesh deamons for a while now and I’d like to start a Necron Army as the new codex is arriving. I’ve looked at the leaks and realy like the sauthek, mephrit and nephrekh dynastic codes. Especially the nephrekh one. I’d like to build a 2000 points army to begin with, but have no idea of what to buy. So what would you suggest?

Hi, I’m new to necrons but not to 40k, I’ve been playing emperor’s children and slaanesh deamons for a while now and I’d like to start a Necron Army as the new codex is arriving. I’ve looked at the leaks and realy like the sauthek, mephrit and nephrekh dynastic codes. Especially the nephrekh one. I’d like to build a 2000 points army to begin with, but have no idea of what to buy. So what would you suggest?

The necron half of the Forgebane and the new Necron getting started box they've teased would get you a solid base.

Will they release the new cryptek model seperate from forgebane at some point. I'm currently in need of 2 but not the rest of the set.

The armiger's and Cryptek is what will drive foregebane sales. I wouldn't expect to see the separated out for several months.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

Here's the preview for today! Much like yesterday, this confirms more of the goodies from the leaked beta codex.

On one hand it warms the heart to think I was already building up an Assassin-CCB and Destroyer Armada Mephrit force when this came out.

On the other hand, it rankles to think that so many other folks will look at that build and be like "oh...copying Warhammer Community, eh?"

Oh well.

#1stworldproblems

I mean the rules were clearly made to go together. I don't care if people think I got the idea from somewhere else or not, I just want to taste those tears when their warlord dies again and again!

Hello, is there an exact release date as of yet?

I have a friend that I am likely to get the new Necron Codex for, as, he is a great friend, and he may literally forget to pick up the book in a timely manner.

Thanks.

You can pre-order this Saturday and it comes out the following Saturday.

Hello, is there an exact release date as of yet?

I have a friend that I am likely to get the new Necron Codex for, as, he is a great friend, and he may literally forget to pick up the book in a timely manner.

Thanks.

You can pre-order this Saturday and it comes out the following Saturday.

Thank you, I will let my local game store know I am going to buy a copy.

Yeah this one looks fun to play at least once in a blue moon. Don't know if it'll be my go-to (but I could be surprised), but I like a lot of our cc stuff so I'll use it sometimes for sure.

I doubt any of them will. Any surprise changes will likely be limited to point cost adjustments or minor wording tweeks.

The downside of an actual unanticipated leak of a complete Dex is that it makes the spoiler week leadup pretty dull. This is the first clearly unintentional leak GW has had in a long time.

I'm looking forward to having my Destroyer Lord and Destroyers head a Novokh Outrider Detachment full of Scarabs and Wraiths. Alternately I could play my Overlord heading the same Detachment with Lychguard. Either way, stabby bits are getting stabbier soon!

Archived