Scabeiathrax the Bloated

Wolf Lord Loki

You could use him to get a -3 to hit along with miasma of pestilence on a 20+ blob of plague bearers.

His CC isn’t bad either with a flat 6 damage. And he’s got a nifty flamer like weapon also.

Would only cost 2 CP to DS strike him as well. But he is very expensive lol

Could always run both! But if your group doesn’t like proxies it might be expensive haha.

Some people aren’t to keen on some of the forge world silliness either. I usually give my opponents a heads up if I’m planning on running one of the daemon lords.

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on using the fw model as either a great unclean one (probably more often) or occasionally the fw character.

I use power points so there is about 13 points difference between the two options

Pros/ cons regular greater daemon:

Pro- cheaper of two options

Pro- tailoring options with equipment

Pro- has weapon that can be fired INTO combats he is not taking part in

Pro- has crushing bulk rule that can cause mortal wounds on the charge

Cons- lesser psyker cast 2 deny 1

Weaker stats: balistic skill, toughness wounds

Pros/ cons Scabeiathrax

Pro- 22 wounds is a lot to take with t9

Pro- high damage weapon that has fixed damage output

Pro- 2d6 auto hit pistol weapon

Pro- strong psyker cast 3 deny 3

Pro- aura that give -1 to hit on nurgle daemons

Con- only one more attack than standard GUO.

Con- can not use deep strike strategem (keywords are in the wrong place)

Con- can only shoot into combats he is fighting in

Con- no crushing bulk rule

So are the extra pyskic powers, 2 points of toughness more, 5 additional wounds and shielding aura; worth the extra 13 power points?

I could get another 3 heralds for that!!

I think the extra toughness is mighty fine! I think regular GUO should be T8, they can be wounded to easily by bolters and the like way to easily. Scabs is having lascannons wound him on a 4+ which is quite a lot better then 3+. Those extra wounds are harder to remove and being able to cast fleshy abundance on himself can make him very hard to kill.

As always though, I feel like you need multiple

Threats to force a tough decision on your opponent in order for either scabs or a GUO to survive. Or at least DS either of them.

Scabby can use the stratagems. Check your FAQs.

Which ones? There are rather a few these days!

Ive just downloaded the FW faq for Ia: chaos and it doesnt change his faction to read deamon. It just has chaos and nurgle in the faction key words.

Currently based off what i know unless he has Daemon in his Faction Keywords he cant use the deep strike strategem

So until i know otherwise- he cant use it

Scabby can use the stratagems. Check your FAQs.

Which ones? There are rather a few these days!

Ive just downloaded the FW faq for Ia: chaos and it doesnt change his faction to read deamon. It just has chaos and nurgle in the faction key words.

Currently based off what i know unless he has Daemon in his Faction Keywords he cant use the deep strike strategem

So until i know otherwise- he cant use it

Ummmm but he does though ????? It's right there in the index him having daemon as a faction keyword. Everything in the children of the warp section has it Edited by Plaguecaster

Not in my copy. Might have been an early one but mine just has

Faction: Chaos, Nurgle

All the rest is in regular keywords

And so far as i can tell it has not been amended

Then you might want to check the FAQ/Errata. It got moved to faction keywords in the Errata 1.0 half a year ago already lol

Edit: To be more precise, you want to look for this entry

Pages 45-56 – Faction Keywords

Add ‘Daemon’ to all these units’ Faction Keywords line

(and delete it from their Keyword line).

Edited by sfPanzer

[quote name="sfPanzer" post="500692"

Pages 45-56 – Faction Keywords

Add ‘Daemon’ to all these units’ Faction Keywords line

(and delete it from their Keyword line).

Ahhhh i see it now. I was expecting it to have his name rather than a blanket change by page numbers.

So.....that seems like it could be scary....

l brought the digital index when it was first released and it has been updated to include all the changes from the the FAQ

Yeah deep striking Scaby is pretty scary as being able to deep strike him almost makes his high pts cost almost reasonable since he doesn't have to walk across the board getting shot up as much, I'll probably also use the deep strike stratagem on Manon or that other FW Nurgle DP as well since they don't have wings and they can hit pretty hard once they get into combat

Edited by Plaguecaster

You'll be fine with Scabby in power level games as the power levels are pretty good for what he can do, you will struggle a lot more in points games though as chapter approved nerfed the Daemon lords into oblivion, I don't disagree that one specifically needed a points increase, but the seemingly arbitrary increases have made it difficult to play them. Scabby is massive beast to take down and dishes out a bunch of hurt once he arrives in the lines.

I have yet to try Scabbie in 8th, but the regular GUO I found completely underwhelming. Died so easily to reaper/shuriken spam, or bolter gunline I didn't even bother to buy the new model. I may down the road if I have a spare $150 laying around that I don't know what to do with, hopefully they buff that models toughness.