Angelus no more... Malevolence is Now!

Charlo

Yeah, given recent concerns I was hoping for a stronger Heresy showing. They’re still chugging away though and I guess that’s the main thing.

The Alpha stuff is stellar, as re Krole and scoria

Same as Feb, so still talking about Lord Gunn, rather than another Jarl or Bjorn, so a character who dies and has no story arc?

As long as the model is cool, but I'd rather it was someone else

Yeah, the stuff they showed is awesome, just wish there was more. But to be fair, no matter how much they show, I will always want more Heresy. :)

Hope that all the Legions eventually get Praetors. Even if I’ve already made my own, I would make room for models as good as those.

“Fellhanded” on Instagram got some interesting info. The post I’m (hopefully) linking to has two pictures of text taken from book 8, one with the White Scars’ disposition at Chondax and the other with Horus’s written orders sending them there.

He also adds the following on the side:

A little bit of info from the weekend ref the Scars. They're onto play testing the units (3rd playtest run at them). They're looking at a heavy assault jetbike unit. More heavily armoured bikes than the scimitar armed with lances. Think heavy cavalry charge. The second unit is a Terminator Keshig. Not a keshig as you'd imagine them from the books. They're filled with members of the legion that are atoning for something or vaulenteer wanting to prove themselves. Their role is to drop into the middle of the enemy and cause a distraction, hold ground amd generally kick ass while the faster units outflank and pick the enemy to bits. The third is some sort of lightning claw armed recon squad. Sneaky ninja dudes. Will Hayes is also working on a new speeder pattern.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BivJIhCHpPB/?taken-by=fellhanded

Don't we already have lightning claw ninja's via the Raven Guard and their Dark Furies?

Beyond that some interesting concepts for the Scars

In Power Armour- yes.

As Recons- no.

I think Simon Egan said he wanted to do a Khan on foot and Khan on bike duo...but FW couldn't justify such special treatment

We'll see I suppose.

If it was one or the other I think a bike would be mandatory, as much as I love the standing artwork of him.

While I have no special interest on the White Scars (guess I'll have to eventually read Scars and Path to Heaven to change this), I do think it would be really cool to have both options, and it would actually be the fairest option for WS players, since having only one option available would be very disappointing for them (either you have the most expensive primarch by far, because I see it easily reaching 90-100 pounds, or you miss one of the fluffiest options for your primarch).

However, considering the course of the events of the last couple years regarding fW and specially the Heresy, highlighted by the last batches of LCTB, I think it is unlikely to happen, unless Simon Egan really puts pressure to do it.

Just to clarify, I do not wish to bring into the table the discussion of the future of the Heresy, but I do think it is not unreasonable to believe that there has been a change on the status of the Heresy inside FW and GW, and thus ideas and projects that might have received the green light in previous years now would not be approved.

While I have no special interest on the White Scars (guess I'll have to eventually read Scars and Path to Heaven to change this)…

The series is arguably the best so far - I highly recommend it. Wraight’s stories are:

Brotherhood of the Storm (novella, can be found in Legacies of Betrayal)

Scars

Allegiance (short story)

Brotherhood of the Moon (short story)

The Path of Heaven

The Last Son of Prospero (short story)

Restorer (short story)

Don’t skip Brotherhood of the Storm - it’s set before the Heresy (on Ullanor and Chondax), but it introduces the characters in the rest of the series and gives some insight into the legion, how they’re viewed, and how Chogorian psykers deal with the Warp.

Of the short stories, I’d say Restorer is the one I’d say is worth putting some effort into finding.

^ Great advice here. However, I would start with the short story Rebirth from "Age of Darkness", as this introduces Revuel Arvida (a critical character).

I was never interested in the Scars until I read Wraight's work in the Heresy. He really captured their uniqueness without too much of the "space Mongol" vibe. He's definitely one of Black Library's best.

^ Great advice here. However, I would start with the short story Rebirth from "Age of Darkness", as this introduces Revuel Arvida (a critical character).

I was never interested in the Scars until I read Wraight's work in the Heresy. He really captured their uniqueness without too much of the "space Mongol" vibe. He's definitely one of Black Library's best.

I had no idea about Rebirth.  Thanks! 

While I have no special interest on the White Scars (guess I'll have to eventually read Scars and Path to Heaven to change this)…

The series is arguably the best so far - I highly recommend it. Wraight’s stories are:

Brotherhood of the Storm (novella, can be found in Legacies of Betrayal)

Scars

Allegiance (short story)

Brotherhood of the Moon (short story)

The Path of Heaven

The Last Son of Prospero (short story)

Restorer (short story)

Don’t skip Brotherhood of the Storm - it’s set before the Heresy (on Ullanor and Chondax), but it introduces the characters in the rest of the series and gives some insight into the legion, how they’re viewed, and how Chogorian psykers deal with the Warp.

Of the short stories, I’d say Restorer is the one I’d say is worth putting some effort into finding.

I'd add Grey Talon to that, following on from Brotherhood of the Moon.

Man, even considering the Scars' minor roles in Little Horus and Templar, their representation is pretty watertight in this series.

Archived