Alpha Legion - 1k Zone Mortalis

Dark Serpentine

Hey all, 

Need a little help with a small Zone Mortalis list im making, as part of a campaign coming up in a few months. 

The ZM list needs to contain a non-named character HQ that is also present in the other games (3k pts, 1500 pts etc. of the same campaign) so i need to have one eye on survivability of those games too. 

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Rite of War - Pride of the Legion

- HQ

•  Praetor w. AA, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Melta Bombs, Digi lasers, power dagger (175)

- Troops

• 6 Tartaros Terminators ( w. 4x Combi bolters, 1x Heavy Flamer, 2 x PW (axe?), 2 x Power Fist, 1 x Chainfist. Serg w. Combi Melta, chainfist, power dagger, venom sphere hareness (267)
  • 9 Vet Tacs w. Vexilla, plas gun. Serg w. AA, Power fist, dower dagger (203)(Sniper)
  • 8 Vet Tacs w. Vexilla, plas gun. Serg w. AA, Power fist, dower dagger (191)(Sniper)

- Elites

• Cortus Contemptor - Kheres Assault Cannon, close comabt weapon w. Heavy Flamer (160)

-Total = 996 pts

Not sure whether i need to hit the 1000pts mark to unlock the Praetor?

Get the feeling im missing something or could improve/tweak something to make it more interesting, but not sure. :ermm:

You do need to hit the 1K mark to get the Preator unfortunately. I would look at changing your terminators for the unique terminators that get Volkite instead of bolt weapons. Just a bit more punchy when shooting. Power axes as standard does make them a fearsome prospect for close combat as well.

If your struggling to meet the 1K mark to get the preator I’d look to maybe sneak in a vigilator to lead a sniper vet squad. It will use both your elites slots in the ZM force org but can give you a pre game scout move if you have decided not to take that as your legion shenanigan that game.

You could also look at a librarian either to join your terminators or sniper vets. Rolling on divination he will really make a difference to the unit he is in. Most 30k lists have very little psychic defence in large games in small you’ll find most people are ill prepared.

Tac squad with bolter and blades will substitute in nicely for your second sniper vet unit.

As for the dread. I’d perhaps look at a dreado if you really want a dread in the list or perhaps invest the points into combat support squads to get some melta and plasma into the list?

I know it looks like a lot changed and I really enjoyed the feel of your list if you can bring your list up to a round 1K then all I’d change is the terminators for the legion specific one.

Hope that’s been of some help.

Stray

Thanks for the heads up on the Praetor and the other input!

I do love the Alpha Legion Lernean termies, my theory for going with standard Tartoros termies was to benefit from being able to run/sweeping advance, which i figured were both really handy in ZM. 

I had thought about a Plas Support squad also, they get expensive quickly and are not that survivable, however are obviously very killy. 

I'll go back over some of your points and see if I can tweak the list.