Micah's Dark Eldar

micahwc

I'm really enjoying your progress on your models :D 

The scourge wings (specifically the Bat ones) look fantastic. The feathered ones seem to clash with the rest of your theme but they still look good nonetheless.

Won’t be home until late tomorrow so no real updates yet, I did however order three Ssylth from Games Workshop, and Lilith Hesperax to push me into free shipping.

I figure a raider with an archon, Lelith, 3 Ssylth, and 5 Trueborn will be a huge fire magnet that will bring pain in both the shooting and melee phases.

Slow day at work so I'm assembling 3 Slyths, Lelith, and a box of warriors. After this I think I need to focus on 2 more boxes of warriors and a few raiders.

Edit: I have a rules question, so if I need to post it in a different forum let me know, but how does an Archon's aura abilities work while inside an open topped transport? Do the models in the same transport benefit from his aura? Do models outside his transport benefit from his aura?

http://i.imgur.com/hc1QOYi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qkIjYVW.jpg

Got all this assembled today. I also snagged an assembled but unpainted warrior squad on eBay for $13 shipped.

Edit: got up way to early this morning and went to my favorite bitz seller’s site, I ordered enough parts for 30 more basic warriors with splinter rifles for about $45. After everything arrived I’ll be set on warriors with enough to fill out a brigade.

I found an STL file for a dark lance, but I am out of my good filament for my 3d printer; I do however have the sample filament that came with it which should be enough to print out a few. I've ordered new filament which should be here on Tuesday, so hopefully I can find an STL of a blaster and I should be set for heavy and special weapons.

We are trying to buy a new house and are getting the current one ready to sell, so for the near future there will be no further updates, I packed everything up last night. We are hoping to be able to move in in about 2 weeks or so, although that depends a lot on financing and selling our current house. The new house has a room specifically for my hobby stuff, so yay!.

I've got about 40 more warriors in the grey still.

Really like the gold, goes very nicely with the blue. Looking forward to seeing some fully completed warriors soon! Hope all goes smoothly with the move, having your own hobby room will be awesome, hope to have one myself some day.

I ordered some Dark Lances from shapeways today, and I plan on ordering 3 more raiders today. This will give me a list that is basically an Archon, Succubus, 3 Sylth, and 5 trueborn in one raider, with three raiders containing 10 warriors with a splinter cannon. I'm giving them cannons instead of dark lances so they wont suffer the -1 to hit when the Raider moves.

I will then have two groups of true born with dual dark lances sitting in the back, as well as the 10 hellions, 9 Reivers, and 5 scourges I have. The scourges will also have dark lances and will deep strike.

The house we were looking at was sold out from under us by the builder, so we are looking for another one now. Erg.

List:

Battalion, 3CP, 1992 points

Raider 1, Dark Lance

Archon with Agonizer and Blaster, Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasites Kiss with +1 attack combat drug, 3 Sylth with Shard Carbines, 5x Trueborn with 4x Blasters.

Raider 2, Dark Lance

10x warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

Raider 3, Dark Lance

10x Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

Raider 4, Dark Lance

10x Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

5x Trueborn, 2x Dark Lances

5x Trueborn, 2x Dark Lances

10x Hellions, +1 strength combat drug

9x Reivers, 3x Blasters, +1 toughness combat drug

5x Scourges, 4x Dark Lances

I got everything I own out last night and actually put together a list based on the models I have or have on the way. Pretty similar to a few posts above.

Battalion, 3CP, Drukhari, 1993 points

HQ:

• Archon with Agonizer and Blaster, Warlord
  • Succubus with Archite Glove and Splinter Pistol (Parasite's Kiss, +1 attack from combat drugs)

Troops

• 10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon
  • 10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon
  • 10x Warriors with Splinter Cannon
  • 10x Warriors

Elite

• Sylth
  • Sylth
  • Sylth
  • 5x Kabbalite Trueborn with 4x Blasters
  • 5x Kabbalite Trueborn with 2x Dark Lances
  • 5x Kabbalite Trueborn with 2x Dark Lances

Fast Attack

• 10x Hellions (+1 strength from combat drugs)
  • 9x Rievers with 3x Blasters (+1 toughness from combat drugs)
  • 5x Scourges with 4x Dark Lances

Dedicated Transports

• Raider with Dark Lance (Archon, Succubus, 3x Sylth, 5x Trueborn with 4x Blasters)
  • Raider with Dark Lance (10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon)
  • Raider with Dark Lance (10x Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon)
  • Raider with Dark Lance (10x Warriors with Splinter Cannon)

It's 10 placements for deployment. The group of unmounted warriors and the two groups of unmounted trueborn will try to hold a home side objective while providing Dark Lance fire. The other 7 units are all speedy.

• 2 weeks later...

I struggle to get a unit of ten warriors painted in a week, 30 sounds crazy. Only time I've ever attempted a workload like that was to prepare for a tournament. On the plus side however you'll have a whole lot more dark eldar done and ready for battle just in time for the new dex. 

Archived