Micah's Dark Eldar

micahwc

Yeah those 20 man warriors units are a problem if you don't finish them off in a single turn. The ignore invul saves stratagem is also a major problem for our characters, but at least the archon did well. I'd consider haywire blasters if you can get them against crons, while go right through their shielding. 

I'm glad to hear hellions did alright, ordered a box of gangs of commorragh so looking forward to using them. 

Yeah that sounds tough. Destroyers are probably one of the most potent units necrons have, especially with their firepower. Funny thing is they are infantry so can technically be tied up in melee by wyches, so if you can't kill them outright tying them up with wyches might not be a bad plan. 

Edit:

After the FAQ, my newest list is as follows:

Battalion, +5 command points

2x Archons with Blaster and Husk Blade

2x9 Warriors with Blaster and Agonizer

10x Warriors with 2x Blasters, Dark Lance, Agonizer

3x Raiders with Dark Lances

Battalion, +5 command Points

2x Archons with Blaster and Husk Blade

3x10 Warriors with 2x Blasters and Dark Lances

Outrider Detachment

Lelith Hesperax

9x Reivers with 3x Blasters and 3x Grav Talons (+1T drug)

10x Hellions (+1S drug)

5x Scourges with 4x Blasters

5x Scourges with 4x Dark Lances

Battalion 1 gets the obsession that buffs them in transports, Battalion 2 gets either the increased weapon range or the re-roll 1s to hit on poison weapons obsession.

Ugh, yeah, that FAQ. Hope they do not eliminate first turn Alpha Strike via Deep Strike for us, or there goes my Wyches in a Raider using Screaming Jets...

For #2 I suggest the extra range, and maybe just drop the Out rider Scourge for a Disintegrator Cannon Ravager, and a Dark Lance Ravager, or bring a Razorwing.

I don't have any ravagers or razorwings yet. Ravagers seem to be out of stock on GW's website whenever I look and people online want really high prices for them. Razorwings are on my short list to buy, I just haven't yet. I want to get at least two boxes of wytches, a Razorwing or three, etc.

My local store doesn't seem to carry a lot of Drukhari stuff, last time I was in they had a unit of warriors, a unit of scourges, the new start collecting box, a venom and a raider. I bought the raider and scourges.

I just came into some unexpected spending money and need to figure out how I want to expand my Drukhari forces.

I currently own several archons, 3 Ssylth, 2 succubi, Lelith Hesperax, 60 warriors, 9 reivers, 10 hellions, 10 scourges, and 3 raiders. I'm kind of leaning towards about 30 wyches so I can run dual battalions. I'm looking between Ebay, Amazon, and GW as each seems to have drastically different prices and availabilities. I really like the idea of some T5 4++ wracks but no one seems to have wracks in stock.

I've also thought about just 3x razorwing jetfighters.

List is as follows

Battalion

2x archons with blasters, husk blades

2x10 warriors with 2x blasters and dark lances

1x5 warriors with blaster

2x Ssylth

3x Raiders with Dark Lance

Outrider detachment

Lilith Hesperax

10x hellions

9x reavers with 3x blasters and 3x grab talons

5x scourges with 4x blasters

5x scourges with 4x dark lances

Airwing detachment

3x Razorwing Jetfighters with dark lances and splinter cannon

10 command points, 10 units to deploy, 15x dark lances, 14x blasters.1954 points.

Honestly after my last match against Necrons I feel like 30 dark light shots a turn may be enough to wipe a squad of 20 Necron warriors without them reanimating. I can't wait until he gets enough warriors to run 3x20. /sarcasm.

I've discovered the Kabal of the Wraithkind, which has a similar colorscheme to what I've painted my guys as, so I guess that's what I'm going with. I may need to add some more black, but the light blue is about right.

I'm thinking about dropping the Ssylth and replacing Lelith with a regular Succubus; and then using the remaining points to just add some foot slogging Kabbalite warriors. I don't feel like 25 of them is enough in a 2,000 point game.

Newest version is as follows

Battalion,

2x Archons with Blasters

3x 5 warriors with blaster

2x10 warriors with 2x blasters and dark lance

7 warriors with blaster

3x raiders with dark lance

Outrider Detachment

Succubus with Agonizer

9x reavers with 3x blasters

10x hellions

5x scourges with 4x blasters

5x scourges with 4x dark lances

Air Wing Detachment

3x Razorwing Jetfighters with 2x Dark Lances and splinter cannon

For funsies I ordered some Dark Aelf bits to use in kit bashes. I got some two handed glaives from the Daughters of Khaine Melusai as well as some armored torsos from one of the older warhammer dark elves kits. I'm going to try my hand at kitbashing some Incubi.

Three Razorwing Jetfighters are showing as out for delivery, so hopefully I'll have them mostly assembled by tonight and start painting on the weekend. I'd like them to be painted in darker blues than the rest of my army, mostly so they can blend into the darkness better while flying at night or through space. I'd like to magnetize the weapon options but I need to get some more magnets first.

Three razorwings all showing up at once, now that is a nice little gift box showing up at your door! 

As far as magnetizing goes, splinter cannon verses the twin splinter rifle isn't too important, I'd probably just save pts most of the time and go dual splinter rifle. Missiles don't particularly matter anymore since you get all of them, I'd just throw on whatever missiles you like. Disintegrator cannons vs dark lances though, that would be real handy to magnetize, and real easy to do since both those weapons slot in real easy to the same slot. 

For painting, I've found with dark eldar vehicles it looks really nice to paint some of the panels different colors. my scheme is mostly all black with grey highlights on my kabalites and for the big panels of my vehicles it was a bit much I found to keep them all black. For the razorwing I painted the rear panels of the wing bone white, which turned out very well. Maybe for your scheme you could do light blue, though I'm sure you could make all dark blue work out. 

I got all three mostly assembled. I feel mixed about the actual kit; it looks great and it's relatively easy to assemble, but I think the mold is wearing down a bit. Two of the three were difficult to get the two body halves to align properly and those two are sitting in clamps right now trying to minimize gaps. The problem (which all three had, but two have worse) is that the tabs on some of the parts are too large for their slots. I wonder if the mold is wearing out?

I got all three mostly assembled. I feel mixed about the actual kit; it looks great and it's relatively easy to assemble, but I think the mold is wearing down a bit. Two of the three were difficult to get the two body halves to align properly and those two are sitting in clamps right now trying to minimize gaps. The problem (which all three had, but two have worse) is that the tabs on some of the parts are too large for their slots. I wonder if the mold is wearing out?

Green stuff can work wonders to fix gapping.  Hopefully it's not as bad as my experiences with FW resin because I have one RWJF to assemble and am planning on another soon . . .

Just a quick plug for ETL VI painting event. If you are willing to hold off painting for a few days, pledging will open some time on May 1. Primer/basecoat is as far as it can go to be eligible to vow. Either way...Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Archived