Micah's Dark Eldar

micahwc

Well, I guess I'll just work on gap filling and priming.

Edit: I'm working on a theme for the three of them. So far I'm leaning towards a celestial theme; I call them Lunar, Solar, and Nebula. One being a semi-photorealistic moon on top of space, the second being a semi-photorealistic sun on top of space, and the last just being a cool nebula scene; all featuring heavy airbrush usage. The nebula idea might just be a background and instead of a specific nebula fighter I could make the third one a planet; thus being a sun, a moon, and a planet; all on top of a nebula backdrop. It's pretty ambititous for me. I've been looking at youtube tutorials on how to paint nebulae and planetary bodies with airbrushes and I think I will give it a try with these.

I'll have to wait and see what other people are doing, it's the only store in town that has game space that I'm aware of.

Maybe it's time to start a wargaming club?  There's a lot of advice on this on the Youtubes, FWIW.

Yeah, it looks like the local gaming community is going to do something; people are volunteering space and trying to plan stuff. The store doesn't close its doors until August, but is limiting its night hours which is unfortunate as it used to keep the doors open until about 10pm. I'll have a large unfinished basement in a few months; so I can probably make some space to use.

That's awesome that your community is coming together for this!  It's a shame your FLGS couldn't make it work but it's an extremely difficult business in general, mostly funded by M:TG or YGO as a rule.  I for one hope GW continues their upward trend so they open more official stores around the country!

Thanks.

I was thinking about doing a large moon, sun, and eye of terror on these; but honestly I like them how they are and I may just touch these up a bit and clear coat them. I'm open to ideas on how to make them better.

I think they look lovely as is, though I prefer minimalist details on vehicles (all the gaudy freehand I see people do just doesn't work for me).  That being said, maybe some icons on the wings/tail for your Kabal/Cult/etc. could help tie this in with the rest of your army.

Archived