Dorn is here!

Captain Rex

I like the pose and armor. Head is kinda meh, but what bothers me more is the cloak. I mean I guess you could say it is being blown by the wind or something, but I still feel it doesn't fit in with the rest of the model like that. A bit surprised he has a chainsword, but not a biggie either way.

I guess he'll be the first Primarch I'll probably buy at some point. Still need Sigismund too, just the price really has been putting me off.

I think the cape looks perfect for a "standing on top of the battlements" pose.

Also yes he has a chainsword because its fluffy ... Storm's Teeth

"This colossal chainblade, too weighty for any but a Primarch to wield, is said to have been crafted by the weaponsmiths of Inwit before the coming of the Emperor.  Its razored teeth can shred metal, stone, and flesh with ease and while the Primarch of the Imperial Fists Legion has many arms at his disposal, some relics of far greater power, it is this blade which has served him faithfully for so long he favours most."

I just can't force myself to like the cloak that way. It's certainly not the first GW miniature with the same "problem" either. The chainsword looks cool, just that I wasn't aware beforehand he used one, somehow I had always pictured him with a power sword, I'm not sure why. I'm only really properly getting into the Horus Heresy background just recently (currently reading the 5th HH novel).