Awesome alternative Chaos (maybe Slaanesh) models

N1SB

This might work as a Daemon Princess:

gallery_57329_13636_118176.jpg

Maybe Fiends of Slaanesh:

gallery_57329_13636_84156.jpg

Of course, these aren't 3rd party; they're Age of Sigmar "Daughters of Khaine".

We don't talk about AoS here, so obviously this didn't get much cover and I didn't want to post this in another forum, but I think these would make great Chaos minis, and I'm thinking of Slaanesh in particular.

It has already been mentioned here, but deserves a topic to record the discussion and (future) work done. I think the only way I won't use the Medusan models (whatever they're called) as fiends is if GW releases decent fiend models beforehand. Which is probably a long winded way of saying "I will"... :tongue.: I think the character model is a bit small for a Daemon Prince from what I've seen but there's some potential.

We're still waiting on a release date as it's early days for the faction announcement? From what little I've seen I think the snakegirls might not even need much done to make them look more Daemonette and fit in :)

Oh yeah this certainly deserves a topic on it's own. It could even be called the alternative Daemonic options/third party options. Because there is much more as just Slaanesh options :D 

But in short:

- Creaturecaster has some amazing alternative Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons, smooth sculpts but very characterful design.
- Ragingwargamers have arguably the best looking Daemonettes on the market.

Lastly, don't forget, it's quite likely Slaanesh will get their update at the end of this year, because it would follow the cycle we've seen for Khorne (late 2015), Tzeentch (late 2016) and Nurgle (late 2017).

Yeah there are lots of great models to convert into Slaanesh models. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the chance of getting just as awesome Slaanesh models next year. :tongue.:

Thats whats kinda stopping me from going all in with my army (Daemons and Marines) with my luck I'll finish the army and then GW will release newer biggererer marines and gribblier Daemons. 

Yeah well I think the Slaanesh Daemons are more likely to occur as EC or WE. The prime reason I say this is because with Daemons they provide models for two systems instead of one. Which means that the guarantee in selling them is just much bigger. It's not Daemons, if GW has any Age of Sigmar models that they can comfortably put into 40K aswell the chances are they will.

E.g. so far are the several Tzaangors (which in my opinion still look more out of place in 40K, but hey that's just my opinion) and the Mutalith. In this same vein it's extremely plausible for me to see the Khorgorath and Slaughterbrute appear in a particular World Eater Codex. 

So if I was to play Slaanesh I'd just focus on the GW Daemonettes now unless you have the spare cash, will and time to go for third party models competely. For example I think that the Creaturecaster Greater Daemon options will very likely represent an updated Keeper of Secrets well also. While we do not know a base size I do deem it about 70% likely an updated Keeper of Secrets will be on a 100mm round base, because the Lord of Change is, Kairos is and Skarbrand is. Quite frankly the fact that the regular Bloodthirser isn't on a 100mm base is a bit strange still, because he easily fits on it without being wobbly or looking odd.

Now in terms of what I expect will occur for an updated Keeper of Secrets is that we will see a single kit much akin to that of Forgeworld but with the option to have a more female torso and male torso. In terms of weapons the guarantee is a sword and claws and I think there will be an option to give him either a whip (ranged attack for 40K, would be epic if it had the Lash of Slaanesh rules) or a gauntlet (boosting Psycic effects and likely being a Lightning Claw equivelant). 

Lastly Id expect Fiends of Slaanesh to recieve a great update, more Daemonette Heralds and a charactr variant for the Keeper of Secrets (likely in the same set) with Octo-head :P 

But yeah thats purely my guesses. 

I am currently making a strict 2k list. I plan on sticking with GW model range only though as I don't like using 3rd party models. Some of these Daughter of Khaine models look fantastic for conversions though! 

I'm hoping for a Slaanesh release later this year to expand on it. I love the Daemonette and Seeker models. I really just want a new Fiend (preferably in a pack of 3) and a KOS. Some new Heralds would be nice just to fit in with everyone else and some named characters. Other then that I love the range and lore. It's different and fun. 

I'm already using the existing DoK range for my Slaanesh daemons, so this will fit perfectly to fill in gaps.

Would you have some pictures?

Of course! 

Mix of the daemonette and witch box with some greenstuff work:

4mzWWtN.jpg

Mpttu7a.jpg

My Herald on Exalted Seeker Chariot done with the Cauldron of Blood:

rdPVP3m.jpg

If you're interested in more or how I made these I'm posting my progress on the WIP thread in my signature, right now I'm working on a Keeper of Secrets done with the Khaine statues of the cauldrons, and will probably buy most of the new releases and convert them as soon as they get out as I know I'm weak :P...

• 3 weeks later...