Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 8: WARLORDS

Grotsmasha

COMPLETION THREADgallery_48988_10069_236225.png

Welcome to my 8th Conversion Challenge, and boy am I glad to running one of these again. The first Challenge, Chaplains, ran way back in 2014 (linky's in my sig).

The idea behind the Challenges is simple, in 1 month build a Warlord model, for your army, for a new army, or just for the fun of it.

THE RULES

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- Must clearly be identifiable as the Unit it represents, it doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here.

3- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:

---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%

---25% is per model, you can combine 4 models (or more) if you desire.

---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt is acceptable.

5- 1 calendar month build time, February 1st 2018 til March 2nd 2018, this guarantees everyone gets one month.

6- Multiple entries per user.

7- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start.

8- Most importantly, HAVE FUN !!!!!

With the addition of Xenos to the B&C (welcome, btw :thumbsup:) the Challenges will be more inclusive rather than specific to a particular unit type. So, for Warlords, I'll list all of the eligible units for the challenge:

Space Marines (Codex, GK, BA, DA, DW, GK, SW)

Captains (all varieties incl. Primaris) (Wolf Lords, Grand Masters, Company Masters, Watch Masters etc)

Lieutenants (all varieties incl. Primaris)

Forces of the Imperium (Custodes, Sisters, AdMech, Guard, Agents IoM)

Shield-Captains

Canoness

Tech Priest Dominus

Commander (all varieties incl. Tank :wink: )

Tempestor Prime

Inquisitor

Chaos (Marines, Deamons, DG, TS, TLatD)

Deamon Princes

Greater Deamons (Bloodthirster, Great Unclean One etc)

Chaos Lords

Exalted Champions

Aeldari (Craftworld, Drukhari, Harlequin)

Autarch

Farseer

Archon

Troupe Master

Death Jester

Necrontyr

Overlord

Lord

Orks

Warboss

Big Mek

T'au

Commander (incl. Battlesuits)

Cadre Fireblade

Ethereal

Tyranids incl. Genestealer Cults

Hive Tyrant

Swarm Lord

Brood Lord

Patriarch

Primus

The Age of Darkness

O god there's too many, basically any HQ excl. Librarians, Chaplains, Techmarines and Apothecaries (they'll all probably, maybe get their own challenges).

How to Enter:

Make the following vow,

I, { insert you name }, undertake the Warlords Challenge to build at least one { insert your unit of choice } by March 2nd 2018

Once you have made your declaration of participation, here is a Participation Banner Faction specific Pips (available below) for the Challenge.

gallery_48988_10069_49408.png

Declaring Completion:

There is another Completion thread (linky at the top) where all Completions MUST be posted in the following 5 picture format to be considered for the Challenge Favourite,

Front

med_gallery_48988_6285_19402.jpg

Right

med_gallery_48988_6285_16995.jpg

Rear

med_gallery_48988_6285_7438.jpg

Left

med_gallery_48988_6285_11535.jpg

3 View - A raised of lowered shot capturing two sides of the model

med_gallery_48988_6285_3676.jpg

Once the Challenge closes, I will begin the arduous task of choosing a Challenge Favouite, which will be based on no specific critera, and will totally be subject to my own opinion. The Challenge Favourite will earn a unique Challenge Banner and Pip for their signature.

If any one has any questions, or would like some clarifications, don't hesitate to ask. Lets get to building :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Binary, undertake the warlord Challebge to build a Eowyn Uthor, The Shield of Tintael, The Warden of Cellydon, Captain of the Fourth Company, Howling Griffons, armed with the power fist “Ancille” and the Storm shield “Courataine” by March 2nd 2018.

MAN have I missed this. Welcome back, Grotsmasha!

I, Augustus b'Raass, undertake the Warlords Challenge to build at least one Winged Daemon Prince of Nurgle by March 2nd 2018

EDIT: 

Oh wait. I was going to start with this mock-up, not even half finished guy. But his legs, torso, and one arm are all finecast. So he's illegal under the current rules, no?
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170730_002%202_zpssutm9qxb.jpg

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

MAN have I missed this. Welcome back, Grotsmasha!

I, Augustus b'Raass, undertake the Warlords Challenge to build at least one Winged Daemon Prince of Nurgle by March 2nd 2018

EDIT: 

Oh wait. I was going to start with this mock-up, not even half finished guy. But his legs, torso, and one arm are all finecast. So he's illegal under the current rules, no?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170730_002%202_zpssutm9qxb.jpg

I'll allow it. The 25% rule is to discourage people from getting their "bling" out of the box, predominatly, the bling on that model is/will be all you :thumbsup:

I, Elzender, undertake the Warlords Challenge to build at least one Imperial Fists praetor in terminator armour by March 2nd 2018. For Dorn.

(Are we allowed to post WIP pictures?)

Yeah dude, go for it :thumbsup:
Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Soldier of Dorn, vow to convert a Space Marines officer of some sort for the VII Legion by March. I know, I know, vague vow, but inspiration is a fickle mistress and I don't want to trap myself into anything too specific. I hope this is alright, Grotsmasha?

All good :tu:

So, first mock-up of the stance for my praetor:

LQbzrxe.jpg

Lots of sculpting to do, both structural and aesthetical. I am not entirely convinced with the current hammer head, so might try to create one myself, similar to that of Gabriel Angelos. Regarding pauldrons, I have to take a look to the new Allarus custodes, if I see enough juicy bits (for the praetor and also for his terminator bodyguard, which will eventually come) I might get a box, otherwise will have to search bits stores. Definitively needs a tabard to fill all the empty space between the legs, will have to see if the stormcast chainmail tabards might be adequate. I will modify the hip plates, as they look a bit large and also to cover their custodian origins. The front plate will need a lot of work, but I will magnetize it as the praetor will also have a bare head (might not do it for the challenge, it will require sculpting hair and I am just starting to get confident will basic sculpting). Regarding the standard, I have a few spare, will see which one fits better. C&C welcome! (If Grotsmasha prefers it not to clog the thread, I may make a thread in the WIP section).

I, BCK, being of unsound mind pledge to undertake the Warlord's Challenge and finish a Bloodthirster by March 2, 2018. 

Here's the most recent pics I took of it. 

M9PfKf4.png

I'm going to re-do the wing and back musculature, finish the arms, make the axes prettier and probably some other masochistic details.