Oh I have loads of things to dilly-dally with. I'm just waiting on confirmation as to what is legal and illegal for entry.

I do a fair amount of kitbashing, Although I also have squads of primaris I need to work on, (a whole battalion in fact) but I think I'm going to keep things simple. Best not to over commit, looking forward to this though!

...must resist purging the witch...

You see, now we're all going to build (Emperor/Imperium approved) psykers...

Well, I've got a Librarian and a Lieutenant Smashypants that I'd been planning to build. I guess I can hold back, if we from the Successor Chapters are able to assist.

Of course Successors are in. It's our forum against theirs!

I like to paint in pieces, meaning sometimes I'll paint a marine and bolter separate. How does this jive with building?

And count me in, I've got a lot to build, and although the 2nd founding chapter is honorable, and has carried the light of the Emperor forward for the last 10,000 years, we bring the lineage of Sanguinius, and victory will be ours!

There will be full guidance and FAQs when the event thread goes live. However, a build event will require models built - which means a submission can't be considered complete if it's a pile of bits.

Whilst this will come as a blow for those who paint in sub-assemblies or on the sprues, we feel it is necessary for an event which doesn't focus in paint. Basically, Blood & Zeal is getting us ready for this year's painting events by having things built ready for them.

...so what are we doing?

Right now, chest thumping and/or asking questions. On the 12th February, an arms race begins!

Step 1. Go to your FLGS or online retailer and buy those box(es) you've been thinking about but not pulling the trigger on.

Step 2. Build it

Step 3. Post it

Repeat 1-3 more than the Black Templar guys

How many Bothans died to bring you this information?

Oh I have loads of things to dilly-dally with. I'm just waiting on confirmation as to what is legal and illegal for entry.

I do a fair amount of kitbashing, Although I also have squads of primaris I need to work on, (a whole battalion in fact) but I think I'm going to keep things simple. Best not to over commit, looking forward to this though!

To pledge for us, you submit anything covered by the Codex, Index: Imperium 1, or Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes that Blood Angels can legally take. LoW choices and anything else is a no. Edited by Jolemai

To pledge for us, you submit anything covered by the Codex, Index: Imperium 1, or Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes that Blood Angels can legally take. LoW choices and anything else is a no.

Thanks Jol. With regards to using models such as the kill teams from Death Watch as conversions or old metal is (which are already mostly assembled) can they count?

There may be an emperor's champion thst needs some RED on 'em

Many.

What I am concerned with though is that is this just a building challenge or a converting challenge? Will building my Terminators from my Archangels Orbital Intervention Force work? The models themselves are already beautiful. Not really sure I want to muck them up. But I don't mind converting some of the Primaris stuff I have sitting on the side for some tasty gubbins. 

Many.

What I am concerned with though is that is this just a building challenge or a converting challenge? Will building my Terminators from my Archangels Orbital Intervention Force work? The models themselves are already beautiful. Not really sure I want to muck them up. But I don't mind converting some of the Primaris stuff I have sitting on the side for some tasty gubbins.

Yeah mate you can just build squads to your taste.

Man I always seem to hit these things at the exact wrong moment.  Looks at Tac Squad and Baal Predator that were recently just put together...

Me too. Looks at 10 scouts, sanguinary priest, and several death company models.

I suppose I do still have some VVs on the sprues, a couple of half-assembled DC I can finish, and a Lieutenant/Sanguinary Priest to kitbash, so I guess I can try to hold myself back for another week and a half til this event... :whistling:

I can't use the super heavy?

Literally the only model I have left to build till more come out then is my gravis captain. A shame!

Jolemai, when can we start working on things? How long will we have?

(P.s. yeah... I built a captain, lieutenant, 15 intercessors and 3 aggressors over the past 3 weeks...)

Edited by Blindhamster

But all my stuff takes up less space on sprues under the bed!

If I make a bunch of models I'll have to buy a new case.

On the other hand, it might be a good excuse to build those 30k squads...

Even worse! If you make a bunch of models you'd also have to ... *shudders* ... PAINT them! :yucky:

What constitutes built? I only feel comfortable painting in sub-assemblies, so held together with blu-tac is kind of the best I could offer...

Well they have to be glued together but you can definitely use a very small amount of glue and pop off the pieces you need to for paint later. I do this all the time

What constitutes built? I only feel comfortable painting in sub-assemblies, so held together with blu-tac is kind of the best I could offer...

Well they have to be glued together but you can definitely use a very small amount of glue and pop off the pieces you need to for paint later. I do this all the time

I suggest using super glue as it will hold but be brittle. The plastic glue is over kill if you are just trying to build something only to take it apart.

LoW choices and anything else is a no.

Wait, what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Literally only things I have left to build is a Knight Castigator and a Mastodon. Even if it's illegal I'm still going to do it in all it's Templar glory down the throats of the best the BA can offer (which is quite a statement).