Blood & Zeal: Challenge Issued!

Acebaur

q23SdPi.jpg

Brothers! The gauntlet has been cast, the challenge issued to the Blood Angels. I call upon you to answer the challenge and take up your blades(hobby knives), ready your armor repair cement(glue and greenstuff) and prepare yourselves for an arms races the like of which the galaxy as never seen!

Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.

WE ARE THE BLACK TEMPLARS, AND VICTORY IS IT'S OWN REWARD!

Clanging, banging wholloping and profanity of ageless quality would escape the workshop of a venerable Chaplain, locked away for the safety of the Chapter as he worked over a heretical Necron device.  That was, until, the familiar timbre of his Marshal's call to arms reverberated down the halls and along the reinforced blast doors of the old knight's chamber.  A moment later, the vox crackled live, and a weary, low voice would crackle out.

"Yeah, be there in a sec"

And the profanity began again, as the Chaplain resumed his tedious labors.

Challenge accepted

We shall meet on the battlefield on the 12th February whereby we will settle this score with a build event the likes of which has never been seen.

Our Chapters may be allies but your lot need to be taken down a peg or two. When it comes to the arts it is we, the Blood Angels, who hold mastery of the hobby blade. It is we who are the masters of the dryfit, build, magnetisation, and conversion. In fact, we were expertly utilising with green stuff before many of you were even Neophytes.

Our forum is ready for this challenge. Is yours?

Edited by Jolemai

Do you not know our very chapter upgrade tests us at the most basic level? Son of Sanguinus, do you not know that to be Templar is to be a crafter of tabards, a free hand savant of the cross, keen eyed master of black in all its many shades. Beauty is not always the standard of craftwork, give me the eternal wall, the unbreakable sword over a fine fillagree.

So yeah. Let's do this.

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

So guys, because the Vampires are gonna be building most Cpt Smashy Pants (Jump Pack, RelicHammer), in honor of our Chaplain Firepower, we should build Marshall FancyHelmet. So I say PowAx, and Shield on Bike. What everyone else say?

So guys, because the Vampires are gonna be building most Cpt Smashy Pants (Jump Pack, RelicHammer), in honor of our Chaplain Firepower, we should build Marshall FancyHelmet. So I say PowAx, and Shield on Bike. What everyone else say?

You mean Chaplain Fancy Hat. :tongue.:

I'll see what I do once the rules are laid out.  I have a number of Templars at various stages of painting/assembly on my desk that I use when I get bored of painting this :censored: Tessaract.  

Edited by Firepower

I'll see what I do once the rules are laid out.  I have a number of Templars at various stages of painting/assembly on my desk that I use when I get bored of painting this :censored: Tessaract.  

But... but... isn't the BT chaplain dread on forgeworld oop? :confused:

But... but... isn't the BT chaplain dread on forgeworld oop? :confused:

Not from what I can tell.  But you're welcome to model me in my younger years. If you can fit sufficient handsomeness onto a single model. :lol:

...my God, I've become Wilhelm :ermm:

Someone wake up Eberious.  I'm going back to sleep.  :dry.:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, undefinable grumbling sounds , zzzzz cough,zz  wuaa, what?   

I Eberious, accept and answer the call of this challenge. The rites of activation have been done, the sacred oils applied, the machine spirit hungers, the Forge is ready.  We shall sweep aside this lesser chapter :tongue.:  in vast seas of grey plastic. All they have is hope, and we all know where that road leads to. 

Mine will be part painted, as will likely be recycled marines stripped down and made new, if the rules allow it.

Now, someone get me some fricken ZEAL in a cup, also known as coffee. Lets get it started. 

Edited by Eberious

I've seen Brother Jolemai mention that Lord of War and other "big" stuff won't be allowed. 

Is this true? And will that also be true for the accompanying painting challenges later in the year? If the legal / Illegal thing hasn't been set in stone, I'd like for (at least our forum) to allow for such models. 

I have a Mastodon to build and paint. 

Firepower just for reference, I was meant we all a copy for your BikeMarshall. (Biker Chaplains are gonna be harder for all of us to do. Simply because bit access). That or we should all make an Emperor’s Champion.

Firepower just for reference, I was meant we all a copy for your BikeMarshall. (Biker Chaplains are gonna be harder for all of us to do. Simply because bit access). That or we should all make an Emperor’s Champion.

I don't think all members will want to build a bike, either. I for one won't, as i have no bits and find bikes ugly as ... let's not go there. I also won't go out and buy another emperor's champion for fun's sake. I have enough stuff in the back log to build and paint...

Originally i wasn't sure i was to commit at all, seeing as i have no idea what the rules would be, but there's this thing with accepting challenges... I'm in ;)