custodes gyrfalcon wording

Ironandforge

Given the models have interchangeable weapons, it would make sense that it’s a swap, not an addition. It’s one in a long list of problems that still needs to be addressed in an Inferno FAQ/Errata.

ive been straight swaping, but their special rule that says they can fire once with each weapon confused me.

I suspect they had guardian spears or the like until late in playtesting when they were deemed too strong and dropped to vanilla power lances, and the "shoot with everything" rule was just missed.

Yeah, they are a mess. Inferno has a lot of wording issues, even if a lot of them can be talked through before games. The Agamatus Jetbikes in particular have the following issues:

- They actually have Lastrum bolt cannons, not Iliastus (which don’t exist). This has been verbally confirmed at the previous Weekender.

- They have a seemingly useless rule in Sweeping Fire. Yes, I know they can throw a grenade and shoot their Jetbike weapons, but that doesn’t sound like it was how they intended it.

- They have all 3 components of the “Legio Custodes” rule individually, rather than simply having “Legio Custodes”. Why?

- They have Initiative 4, despite every other Custodes unit having Initiative 5. Why?

- Finally, the weapon upgrade wording is a disaster. It says... “Any Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squadron may upgrade its Iliastus bolt cannon with one of the following options: Adrathic Devastator +X points, Twin-linked Corvae las-pulser +XX points.” Does this mean the whole squad has to swap all the weapons? Or one model can swap a weapon? Or is it meant to be on a model-by-model basis and the word “Squadron” should be deleted? And if so, do you pay for each weapon or is it a squad-wide price? Bonkers.

Edited by Caillum