Custodes Jetbikes

quinnwolf

Not exactly on topic but does anyone know how the new plastic bikes compare to the FW Scimitar Jetbikes? I’m thinking of running some for my DA.

I managed it: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337863-the-nihilus-crusade-21218-the-air-marshall-has-landed/

Gorgoff, flak is anti-aircraft fire. In this context it means insults and criticism.

I’m fine with people using Dawneagles if the weapons are converted, but a little nervous about an overpowered unit now being one of the more affordable options.

At least their spears are longer than the bikes’ noses.

Having seen both up close you may run into trouble with the scaling - there's a significant difference in there, it's comparable with trying to use a regular drop pod as a dreadnought one.

As for the ethical side of it, if it's a game with friends or whatever carry on, I personally wouldn't have a problem with with a proxy in play however if you're doing pick up games or going to events with them brace yourself to get shot down because some people could certainly have issues with it.

Oh and as for looks, imo, Dawneagles are hideous compared to Gyrefalcons - way too much Hasbro and not enough Arkhan Land

There are plenty of 40k models that look jarringly out of place in Horus Heresy games, but in my opinion these new jetbikes don't fall into that category. I honestly wouldn't even bat an eyelid if someone used them as proxies in their 30k army, and I'm happy to see more plastic models that can find a use in 30k.

There are plenty of 40k models that look jarringly out of place in Horus Heresy games, but in my opinion these new jetbikes don't fall into that category. I honestly wouldn't even bat an eyelid if someone used them as proxies in their 30k army, and I'm happy to see more plastic models that can find a use in 30k.

Exactly this.