Codex Timeline and Models?

The Saint Ragnar

No offense but that rumor is pretty much debunked already considering GW's publicly stated goal of all codexes released by the 1 year anniversery, which is June.

Where did they say this? The last I heard from gw staff was by the end of 2018, is this just another year of the xenos rumour that we as a community have taken as gospel?

I'll be ok if they release Russ, if only because I have FW Russ built and painted and it's a pity to not use him.

Wishlist:

- 13 company unit with old HH armour like death guard and equally scaled.

- If not, at least a heavily custom primaris unit

- Don't care what anyone says, Primaris Ragnar leading the new chapter

No offense but that rumor is pretty much debunked already considering GW's publicly stated goal of all codexes released by the 1 year anniversery, which is June.

Where did they say this? The last I heard from gw staff was by the end of 2018, is this just another year of the xenos rumour that we as a community have taken as gospel?

No I don't have a direct quote for you. I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere but not been able to find it off hand.

Your welcome to not believe me but the continued speed of their release schedule puts them on course to finish all current armies by the anniversary 

I think that wolves will be one of the last of the fractions to get updated. I suspect that wolves will get a primaris wolf priest kit, probably a primaris wolf guard battle leader, and finally a primaris close combat unit (that every marine force will gain access too). 

I'm sure we will get Russ at some point, but I suspect we will see the Lion first probably via a campaign. Mainly because they have hinted at the lion coming back a few times now, and he would be seen as more of a wild card. When Russ comes back he basically will have a tiny force, if the lion comes back he effectively has a small legion with all the successors. 

I would love some more 13th company stuff, and a non Wulfen Russ. 

As for Russ returning for the Wolftime, sure the galaxys split in half and Chaos is everywhere but Guilliman and his Primaris abominations will save the day and us Wolves will bow down and suck his toes and tell him how greatfull we are for being 'rescued'. 

I would love some more 13th company stuff, and a non Wulfen Russ. 

As for Russ returning for the Wolftime, sure the galaxys split in half and Chaos is everywhere but Guilliman and his Primaris abominations will save the day and us Wolves will bow down and suck his toes and tell him how greatfull we are for being 'rescued'.

Actually, one of the reasons why I think we'll get our codex last is because even with the Girlyman and his Primaris, Chaos will still be kicking the Loyalists butts all over the crack down the middle of the galaxy as they progress the narrative, then when all seems lost, it really will be the Wolf Time, and Russ will return to lend a hand.

Primaris ragnar

Reddit is saying GW confirmed that SM can't be "upgraded" to Primaris. Puts a bullet in a lot of people's fluff and means that eventually all the characters will die if Primaris are the future. Hopefully we can upgrade normal Marines.

Anyone have a link to Reddit for that?

Primaris ragnar

Reddit is saying GW confirmed that SM can't be "upgraded" to Primaris. Puts a bullet in a lot of people's fluff and means that eventually all the characters will die if Primaris are the future. Hopefully we can upgrade normal Marines.

Anyone have a link to Reddit for that?

Depends on your source, GW said on one of the first streams they could be upgraded..but we've seen nothing in Lore since to support (or for that matter deny it) so...take it as you will?

Hrm...

Maybe we get the first entirely CC-focussed Primaris Unit - as an evolution of our Blood Claws?

We always stuck our recruits into power armor and let them charge into the fray.

So maybe we will let a Boltgun&Chainsword-Unit with a Power Weapon Wolf Guard do the same for the Primaris?

Also I would like to see Cawl hand out Helfrost-Blasters, so we get a 5-man unit of Primaris with Helfrost weaponry.

Russ: Odin or nothing.

A King. A Hunter. A Duelist. An Observer.

A ferocious, wrathful Wolf-Monstrosity would be unacceptable.

(If GW wants to give us that, they should give Bran Redmaw a Return-and-Redemption Arc!)

I feel we have only 2 options with the Wolves.

1. We get normal Primaris and a new Primaris character or 2 to replace the lost chapters. That's it.

2. SW are the first chapter to start upgrading everyone to Primaris starting with Lukas and Ragnar. I only hope we keep our melee weapons. We just piss off the rest of the SMs that wanted melee Primaris if they don't get them.

As for Helfrost: by the All father I hope so. I love the cold and the idea of Helfrost weapons. I really want Helfrost on Repulsor if we get decent Primaris too.

Russ better be Odin, especially as the picture in Wolfsbane where it looks like he is in horror about being surrounded by Wulfen makes it seem like he thinks Wulfen as what it should be a curse.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

2. SW are the first chapter to start upgrading everyone to Primaris starting with Lukas and Ragnar. I only hope we keep our melee weapons. We just piss off the rest of the SMs that wanted melee Primaris if they don't get them.

There was an interview at one of the open days (can't find the exact quotation now) but the Devs have confirmed that existing Marines cannot be "upgraded" to Primaris Marines. That means the current characters are likely to be phased out and replaced by new Primaris ones as and when time allows.

Russ better be Odin, especially as the picture in Wolfsbane where it looks like he is in horror about being surrounded by Wulfen makes it seem like he thinks Wulfen as what it should be a curse.

I would certainly prefer that to a giant werewolf and I am not a huge fan of the plastic wulfen. The only downside is that they have slightly borrowed the Odin imagery already for Ulrik. Not an insurmountable problem I guess.

Less Wolf, more Viking.

I do understand that the uniqueness of both TWC and Wulfen is a massive part of the appeal of our Chapter, however, I cannot shake the feeling that any Wolf that forsakes their self control, their own will, and lets their inner Wolf run rampant and roughshod to the point that they either do not or cannot control themselves is a true tragedy, and a waste of a skilled, trained, and capable warrior.

Long term, I do not think Wulfen should be as prevalent as they are now. Then again, I don't write the fluff. The problem to me is, there's the very real issue that, despite all that one plays as a fan, the writers seem to want the Wolves to be Wolfy, and not the Space Vikings with Wolf tendencies that I as a fan would prefer.

Still, I do want Helfrost, and I wonder about Grav, just because as Melta and Plasma are not the same thing, neither are Helfrost and Grav.

As it is, I do hope we get our Codex in the May/June timeframe; what I think is a lore travesty is that, if correct, no nor-Marine being able to be changed, currently, into a Primaris is a sad state of lore handling. My reasoning is simple, to me at least; if all our old models are to one day be rendered useless, what about those of us that have huge collections of nor-Marines, and with there being no path forward for those models, cannot and indeed, should not, have to buy replacement Primaris for all of those models?

I think I would like to see Russ come as less of an Odin sort of figure and more like an Old Thor type of figure. Aged but still a fierce warrior spirit burning within that has only been tamed by time. Perhaps he comes back disheartened with his Legion  and disbelieving of how brash they have become. But upon fighting alongside them his spirit is rekindled and he sees that determination and resolve the Legion was known for. He then begins to re-forge them into the Viking theme they once were while still having a love for all things Wolfy.

Of course, that is just a wish but it would still be awesome. Would show character growth in him and the Space Wolves at the same time. 

I think I would like to see Russ come as less of an Odin sort of figure and more like an Old Thor type of figure. Aged but still a fierce warrior spirit burning within that has only been tamed by time. Perhaps he comes back disheartened with his Legion  and disbelieving of how brash they have become. But upon fighting alongside them his spirit is rekindled and he sees that determination and resolve the Legion was known for. He then begins to re-forge them into the Viking theme they once were while still having a love for all things Wolfy.

Of course, that is just a wish but it would still be awesome. Would show character growth in him and the Space Wolves at the same time. 

Have you read the story about how Russ and Bjorn started the change in the Wolves' perspective and the reason they fight?

Because to type it, this would be a truly poignant, "They listened!"

Have you read the story about how Russ and Bjorn started the change in the Wolves' perspective and the reason they fight?

I have not, what story is that so I can pick it up and give it a read?

I have not, what story is that so I can pick it up and give it a read?

The Wolf King.

Also, if you get the chance, please consider getting and reading The Emperor's Gift. This is a truly perspective on our beloved Chapter that must be read for everyone that plays as a Wolf.