HH 49: Wolfsbane

hopkins

Seriously, when was the last time the Wolves got any good showing? Far from being the "executioner" legion we've become that guy who keeps getting a beating, but is too stupid or stubborn to realise it, and keeps coming back for more.

They do get beaten a lot. Then they drink lots of ale and shout “yeaaahhh” thinking they won or they taught someone a lesson while being beaten.

They are basically rubbish and don’t really achieve anything. Plus they have pretty much lost their own home star system.

Belisarius Cawl!!!! hurray! Let the shoe AND horning begin! :D

Sweet getting Heresy-era Cawl, I enjoyed his character in Guy’s Dark Imperium. Maybe he will have a pissing match with Kelbor-Hal which would be fun to read.

IMO Haley is up there for me along with the likes of French, ADB, etc. He is very even handed with his writing so it never reads like a one sided affair. I honestly thought he saved the beast arises with the last book and did great damage control for the issues with that series. Pharos was also fantastic as a Secundus sequel (that dantioch scene almost brought tears to my cold heart) and I absolutely loved Dark Imperium.

We all know Russ can’t win this but I think it will be again balanced and will shed light on stuff which is more of my interest rather than “Horus dodges Russ’s decaptitating strike and blah blah.” I have faith this will be good if not great. The HH books have been dry this first quarter.

Surely Horus should be much bigger than Russ due to his armour? Plus I do think that the fight will be open at the start but then Horus will dominate him quite quickly resulting in multiple torso stabbings with giant claws. Which is the only injury I can imagine that will put Russ down for long enough. Barring super evil chaos god electric force lightning.

Y`all can be excited about Cawl, sure, but I'm ready for more Sota-Nul. 

Guy's a little all over the place for me. I liked Dark Imperium and The Beheading, but Dante and most of Perturabo didn't really do it for me. Here's hoping this will join the former in terms of quality.

And again, I maintain that a legion doesn't need to win to have a good showing.

Believe it or not seeing Lokens Name got a gasp from me, my fan boy levels are easily over 9000!!! :rolleyes:

What the bloody hell is that meant to be? A woman opera singer? lol

Admittedly it does look a little too 80's hair metal... but in illustrative terms Russ's character composition is better than that on the cover which does look a little clunky...

Horus should be much bigger. Based on PoH he and his armour have been jacked up further by Chaos.

Point well made(!), and by that same reckoning we should see Abaddon looking down on Russ at some point too... right? Yeah... maybe not! Apologies, personal bug bear to how Abaddon is described to be Horus's equal in ToH (that exquisite novels only flaw!)... he's really not. Rant over :whistling:

Abaddon wouldn’t look down at a Primarch. I believe there have been a few references to their size and a Terminator suit puts them at just a fraction smaller than a Primarch.

But still Horus should be huge and pumped with Chaotic power. Hence is boss ugly face ... why is he bald though? Has he always been bald?

Upon closer inspection, they really screwed up Russ's face....

But I'm quite interested to see how the novel turns out, and I'm genuinely hopeful that Russ will get a good showing.

How about this from the internal artwork, something a little different...

3MwJrnO.jpg

The greatest 70s rock album cover we never had!

They do get beaten a lot. Then they drink lots of ale and shout “yeaaahhh” thinking they won or they taught someone a lesson while being beaten.

They are basically rubbish and don’t really achieve anything. Plus they have pretty much lost their own home star system.

Belisarius Cawl!!!! hurray! Let the shoe AND horning begin! :biggrin.:

Let us not forget Jorin Bloodhowl, who is still alive for some reason...GW needs to get its wolf lords correctly, but Jorin could've been placed with a watcher pack that survived or something

Archived