Inquiring about Xiphon Interceptor

Dracos

I am thinking about purchasing a Xiphon Interceptor to serve as a centerpiece for the Primaris Army that I am building. Is it still for sale and does anyone know of a "affordable" way for someone in the United States to purchase an unpainted one?

Buy a Viper from 'Battlestar Galactica', kitbash some Chapter symbols and Astartes weapons?

I've seen this exact thing done for the Raven Guard when doing a Google search for the Xhon. It is an excellent alternative to a brick of resin.

I appreciate those ideas but maybe I stress affordable a tad too much. I'm fine laying out a chunk of change for what I think is a sweet looking brick of resin. I'm just curious if their is a US distributor. A way to reduce the exchange rate, shipping and handling price hikes :)

It's either that or go with a couple Stormtalons kitted up for anti-tank duty. Which might be more effective garnering CP but lose on the rule of cool by a factor :D

Unfortunately there's no cheap way of purchasing Forgeworld kits :-(

It's a shame too, the Xiphon is a beautiful kit, easy to work with and performs well on the tabletop. Typically, the price and shipping costs are what limit units like it from appearing on more gaming tables around the world...

I don't rate Talons if compared to a Xiphon when it comes to tank hunting duty. You could actually run two Xiphons for not much more than two Talons!

Edited by Ishagu

Which is another shame and for another thread :P

Dracos, one option I've used is to make a group order with other people at the store. This way, the shipping costs can become null if the order reaches a threshold ($250?). This also makes more FW kits available to the group, thus increasing the fun!

Unfortunately there's no cheap way of purchasing Forgeworld kits :-(

It's a shame too, the Xiphon is a beautiful kit, easy to work with and performs well on the tabletop. Typically, the price and shipping costs are what limit units like it from appearing on more gaming tables around the world...

I don't rate Talons if compared to a Xiphon when it comes to tank hunting duty. You could actually run two Xiphons for not much more than two Talons!

So I guess I can mess with my own thread. :)

Strongly thinking about making this purchase. Query about point cost though. I found a current set of the rules (sadly a reserves/deep strike is missing) but I'm curious on what the point cost is once weapons are added? I assume the point cost I saw was just for the hull because it barely equaled four Reivers.

I need to know because I want this for e to work as a Brigade for the +9 CP and I need 2 Fast Attack and 1 Elite to make it work.

Xiphon is 240 points with all weapons, about 30 points more than a Talon with Las Cannons.

It's not a fast attack, flyers like this are a dedicated flyer slot.

A marine Brigade, imo, is hard to do in 2k and might limit your choices. A battalion is easier to do, perhaps with an additional smaller detachment.

Edited by Ishagu

I'll have to check the strategems again. I was under impression 10 was target for tournament play - maybe it's just Blood Angels get use out that many? I do t have it or the Dark Angel Codex yet

Double battalion probably means I over bought on Hellblasters (15) maybe not.

Damn that's lot of HQs I could go Shrike (Inceptor conversion) for a double Captain set up

Hmmmm

Might be able to still be able to fit the Xiphon Interceptor then?

Depends on your army. DA certainly want a bunch for their Hellblasters. RG want some for infiltration.

You're perfectly fine with 6/7 command points.

Also, no such thing as too many Hellblasters lol

Ishagu main thing I am using my CP on as a BT player is Abhor the Witch, because its my only psychic defense. Because the rest of us don't get a relic that lets a non-witch deny like one, and we don't have the use of Librarians. Abhor the Witch has won games for me, and if a game goes 5 turns that usually means I'm doing it once per turn against an army with psykers. Because chances are, those psychic powers are something I don't want either buffing my opponent or hurting my army. Also, those crucial roles for lascannons hitting, wounding, D6 damage rolls, those soak up a lot of CP as well. All of this goes without mentioning that it costs 3 CP to have one of my close combat characters like the Emps Champ swing again if he fails to kill something in one swing, which seems to happen a lot these days now that GW is handing out 4+ invulnerable saves to characters like candy. 

Yes, we do have to spend CP. Don't pretend that having the extra 3 CP isn't worthwhile. You should be bringing lots of scouts to fill your deployment zone anyway. 

I'm in with Ishagu with this as an Ultramarines player. Re-rolls I tend to get from other sources anyhow, and with a restriction of using the re-roll stratagem once per phase it doesn't tend to eat so many points. I used an army the other weekend just as a tester that started with 11cp that took a blood angels veritas and the imperial guard aquila to re-gain even more CPs. I ended up burning points on worthless stratagems things just to try and get below 10. Fact is, C:SM stratagems severely lag behind other armies even if you build towards trying to use them. Edited by justicarius6

Xiphon is 240 points with all weapons, about 30 points more than a Talon with Las Cannons.

It's not a fast attack, flyers like this are a dedicated flyer slot.

A marine Brigade, imo, is hard to do in 2k and might limit your choices. A battalion is easier to do, perhaps with an additional smaller detachment.

This post especially has been most helpful. I think I'm going to just "settle" for one at that point cost though. Which strangely is more defining a factor than the dollar/pound price. I really would like to do a Brigade because I plan on using SFTS with the Xiphon Interceptor but 9 CP should leave enough for the other units and things like Auspex Scan.

Now I need to work purchasing a spare Jump Pack Interceptor model for my Primaris Shrike Stand In (conversion) ;)