Grey Slayers are up for sale

Wispy

just as a matter of interest the Varagyr in relation to other FW Termies and Primaris models are not that dissimilar in scale.

And as for the fur, as the Mrs pointed out, it's more like wet and shaggy clumps more than well groomed just from the parlour.  :smile.:

Quick question, as you seem to have actually bought them. Do they have proper sculpted weapon grips, or have they repeated the mistake of the Praetor, and just hidden it in the pictures?

med_gallery_36714_14185_152576.jpg

I've caught, finally, exact thing that disturbed me about FW Varagyr.

Their legs.

Left one seems to be sneaking, walking on tiptoe, that looks completely odd with the Cataphractii Terminator Armour!

Edited by mercbat

I really like the legs and torso (except the fur). Will by a couple and kit bash with the normal Cataphractii

The bevoar/gorget just looks wrong to me. Its like they have a half-pipe just to show of the beard, not for any practical protective reason i can see :dry.:

Edited by Huggtand

That is the first decent picture I have seen of them. I think it's the half-pipe gorget thing that makes the heads look so odd. The heads look like they have been placed on display instead of being protected by armour. But the sculpts are better than I originally thought from the naff pics, and I don't think the paint job did them any favours either. The fur is still awful, but its could be worked on with green stuff.

Still not sure I'd buy any though.

med_gallery_36714_14185_152576.jpg

I've caught, finally, exact thing that disturbed me about FW Varagyr.

Their legs.

Left one seems to be sneaking, walking on tiptoe, that looks completely odd with the Cataphractii Terminator Armour!

left foot flat, right foot bent toes. stepping forward. (pic doesn't show properly).

So, two of the 4 wolf kits have been pulled......

once an accident

twice a coincidence

three times is intent

if this happens with one more FW kit for wolves then I think it is intent.

They've been very vocal about not liking the wolves, and if it has spread to actual models that is unacceptable.

As I just typed up in the News and Rumors version of this thread, better for FW to do the right thing than to sit and stubbornly try to ramrod through something that after actual investigation turned out to be a mistake.

Good on them.

They didn't do that for the Angelos disaster, and I've yet to hear about them fixing the lerneans...

As I just typed up in the News and Rumors version of this thread, better for FW to do the right thing than to sit and stubbornly try to ramrod through something that after actual investigation turned out to be a mistake.

Good on them.

They didn't do that for the Angelos disaster, and I've yet to hear about them fixing the lerneans...

Really?

Well, I am going to suggest that the issue be brought back up again with FW? They do listen, however, as with most things, sometimes the willingness to move requires motivation.

So, two of the 4 wolf kits have been pulled......

once an accident

twice a coincidence

three times is intent

if this happens with one more FW kit for wolves then I think it is intent.

They've been very vocal about not liking the wolves, and if it has spread to actual models that is unacceptable.

I have heard this a few times (FW doesn't like SW) is there any evidence of this? I just can't imagine a whole studio disliking a legions.

The only thing I have heard us rumors that FW created the Minotaurs to phase out the SWs as the executioner's, but no real proof given.

Those messed up bolters is just blatant incompetence and negligence. Just goes to show that the sculptor has no right to work on wolves from the beginning. Also shame on FW for no quality check. He was/is a disappointment in regards to the legion. Also I hope you’re reading this because I don’t care. No pride in your art. At least it doesn’t show unless he was trying to make nice with peta cause no fur, them bananas.

Those messed up bolters is just blatant incompetence and negligence. Just goes to show that the sculptor has no right to work on wolves from the beginning. Also shame on FW for no quality check. He was/is a disappointment in regards to the legion. Also I hope you’re reading this because I don’t care. No pride in your art. At least it doesn’t show unless he was trying to make nice with peta cause no fur, them bananas.

LMAO! Oh Maverick, they certainly do look like bananas. Maybe the sculptor doesn't hate space wolves, he just really really likes bananas. I can see it in my mind's eye: previously submitted works that were nixed by the QI team included the demonettes with banana hair, the fire dragon exarch with the banana nose, and the gene stealers with banana claws. When the new space wolf kits were submitted, they just broke down and said, "you know what, Tim really needs this, let this one through."

I really don´t blame the sculptor. Certain aspects of the models shows that he got talent and the theme of viking/celtic was nice.

If only he had proper support from seniors and management this should be checked, redone, checked again until the desired standard was reached. He would also improve in his skills and do a better job next project. There's a reason quality control exists since it´s easy to not see your own mistakes when you working on something.

The range seem to being approved way to early in the process and that´s not the sculptors fault. Since they now pull the models back for correction they probably realize that the models was half cooked when they went to production.

My only gripe is that they now fix the obvious mistakes but really they would need to do some cleanup on the sculpting also (for example the fur) 

Edited by Huggtand

The only thing I have heard us rumors that FW created the Minotaurs to phase out the SWs as the executioner's, but no real proof given.

That doesn't really gel with the timeframe tbh. Both Badab books came out before Prospero Burns, so the 'executioner' thing wasn't really on the radar. Even if it was a premeditated decision, knowing what Abnett was writing (and the divisive nature of it), that doesn't make all that much sense, as FW wrote the Minotaurs as only really being a thing in m41, long after the Wolves had transitioned from 'nasty' to 'nice' (is that why GW gave us :censored: Santa Logan?:ermm:) so hardly a 'phase out', as that leaves a 9000-odd year gap.