Wolfsbane Novel Art Spoilers

MaveriK

Thoughts on Russ.

We know Russ is defeated in wolfsbsne, Russ is going to attempt to kill horus. Afterwards we know he is in and out of a coma having visions.

My extrapolation

1. Horus takes out Russ with more than a physical attack, I'm guessing a chaos attack, a mental one.

2. So when Russ is in a coma/having visions he is seeing visions of the future. Portrayed above is his visions. Visions of the wolftime.

3. The wolftime is at a future date when all the space wolves are wulfen. This is the art, it id his vision and shows the despair he has for his children.

4. This could lead into it being Russ whom contacted cawl and pushed for "the primaris" stabilization of his znd other geneseeds to prevent this future from occuting

Thoughts on Russ.

We know Russ is defeated in wolfsbsne, Russ is going to attempt to kill horus. Afterwards we know he is in and out of a coma having visions.

My extrapolation

1. Horus takes out Russ with more than a physical attack, I'm guessing a chaos attack, a mental one.

2. So when Russ is in a coma/having visions he is seeing visions of the future. Portrayed above is his visions. Visions of the wolftime.

3. The wolftime is at a future date when all the space wolves are wulfen. This is the art, it id his vision and shows the despair he has for his children.

4. This could lead into it being Russ whom contacted cawl and pushed for "the primaris" stabilization of his znd other geneseeds to prevent this future from occuting

I haven't read the book yet, but I did sneak to the chapters around the amazing 80's hair metal album cover. From my own curiosity more than anything else, and I will say it's pretty epic. 

Thoughts on Russ.

My extrapolation

Huh you might be into something here with that last photo! Didn’t even consider it could be a comatose vision... also the implication of Crawl might be cool.

It was posted with the phrase:

"Leman Russ howls for an audience in the hall of the Erlking"

And the Erlking is listed among the Dramatis Personae for the book. Sadly can't check his 'title'/description right now.

I am interested to see what's up with that scene.

I'd rather not want it to describe 'the Wolftime' too much, else we'll always see 'hints' for it everywhere or it might become something so ridiculous it will never occur.

I'd rather like it to be a representation of Russ' turmoil, his way of dealing with what's going down, further realization how he wants his sons to be for the future.

Instead of going towards the Wolftime, I'd like it to be something to motivate him for the Scouring. He was beaten frequently and could use a morale boost, so he is eager to hunt down traitors, as long as the Space Wolves still draw breath!

And/Or it could be foreshadowing why he will leave the Space Wolves and venture into the Warp.

Again: Leave it open to interpretation, a bit, so all the 'myths' we know and love could fit.

And I wanna see the conversation between Sanguinius, Rogal, Jaghatai and Leman (and Malcador). The last time they stood together at a table. I'd like Russ to be the undying Optimist, trying to inspire them, as a 'big' brother should.

Also: The last words spoken between Russ and Sanguinius. Hope it's something memorable.

This and ashes of prospero

Flushing out the character of russ, and wolves

oh he's coming this year I can feel it

Your hope is only a weakness for disappointment to relish in.

all emotions are but tools meant to be used as fuel for the fires of creation.

This and ashes of prospero

Flushing out the character of russ, and wolves

oh he's coming this year I can feel it

Your hope is only a weakness for disappointment to relish in.

all emotions are but tools meant to be used as fuel for the fires of creation.

Indeed.

GW's compliance to this is only optional.

Russ will come. Either I will progress far enough to paint my 30k Russ OR go the route of the fever-dreamed vision of my Runepriests and convert one for 40k...

And Prospero will burn once more.

One way or another. I'm already spitballing ideas in my gaming group and playtesting a little, because as soon as we get our Codex, I WILL hunt down each and every Thousand Sons and Tzeentch Player in my area.

Quite entertaining that I'm currently unpacking all of my SW / TS novels in order to read them again.

Prospero Burns -> A Thousand Sons -> Wolves' part in Scars -> Wolfking -> Ahriman: Omnibus / Battle of the Fang (not quite sure what to read first) -> Ashes of Prospero -> Wolfsbane

With Warzone Fenris, Wrath of Magnus, Inferno and Custodes / TS / and coming SW codex as supplement. ^^

Quite a list...have to check Tymell's list again, if I'm missing something. :tongue.:

Edited by Kelborn

Also: The last words spoken between Russ and Sanguinius. Hope it's something memorable.

"Your mascara is smudged Goldilocks."

"Push off dog-breath!"

:tongue.:

It is interesting but also vaguely disappointing that the Primarchs have been split up into groups who rarely interact with outsiders in the novels. I would have liked to see a bigger of their reactions to one another and how their perceived their pecking order. Instead, they have been mostly broken down into little cliques or opposing duels.

I rather liked the odd-ball pairing of Lorgar and Angron in "Betrayer". It was fascinating to see the most psychotic of the bunch paired with one of the most cerebral.

"Your mascara is smudged Goldilocks."

"Push off dog-breath!"

:tongue.:

I can see some funny banter. Mutual respect from the two. Maybe even a little understanding knowing the two legions share a flaw within their own ranks. But I know it will be bitterswee. Russ saying something like, I’ll see you right after brother! We can rejoice and hang out after the heresy. Sang will say something to reassure Russ but he knows and can see the future and tell a little white lie.

Also it’s been confirmed at the weekender. Crawl will definitely be in the book. I can speculate that Bjorn doesn’t know what Russ plans for the future given his reaction during the first battle of the fang when he found out about the tampering.