Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pts - No boxes!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

First shot at the new book. Trying to stay away from anything on a rhino chassis... Im sick of seeing Killshot predators everywhere.

Battalion +3 Cp

HQ

[131] Ahriman - Warlord: Gift of Chaos, Infernal Gaze, Diabolic Strength

[112] Exhalted Sorcerer - Force Stave, Pistol, Helm of the 3rd Eye: Deathhex, Prescience

Troops

[150] 20 Tzaangor - Tzaangor Blades, Instrument

[108] 5 Rubrics - Bolters: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Tzeentches Firestorm

[108] 5 Rubrics - Bolters: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Doombolt

Elite

[90] Tzaangor Shaman - Force stave: Weaver of Fates

[230] 5 Scarab Occult - Combi Bolter, Power Swords, Hellfyre Missiles, Soulreaper cannon: Sgt - Forcestave, Combi bolter: Glamour of Tzeentch

Fast

[102] 6x Enlightened - Fatecaster bows

[102] 6x Enlightened - Fatecaster bows

Flyer

[185] Heldrake - Baleflamer

Spearhead Det +1 Cp

HQ

[180] Daemonprince - Wings, 2x Talons, Dark Matter Crystal: Flickering Flame, Warptime

Heavy

[177] Forgefiend - 2x Hades Autocannon

[150] Vortex Beast

Totals - 2000pts - 7cp - 107 pwr

So Ive used Relics of the Thousand sons and I'll also be using Webway Infiltration on the Tzaangor unit. This leaves me with 5 Cps as the game starts.

Tzaangor arrive along with the Scarabs. Tzaangor aiming for a T1 charge on an 8+ due to the instrument. Scarabs put out some ranged firepower and also aim for a charge. The daemon prince will be near by to support with rerolls thanks to warptimeing himself. Hell he may even charge too.

Rubrics camp my midfield objectives and try do some ranged mortal damage with their spells. 24 inchs and being able to target charcaters us handy.  They also screen the Skyfire Enlightened unit. The Enlightened are being buffed buy the auras from the Shaman and Exhalted Sorc, One unit receiving Prescience and Weaver of Fates. Ahriman and the Vortex beast are also around this area.

The Forgefiends camp backlines making use of the extra range from the Daemon princes Flickering flame and the Daemonforge strat.

Anyhow thats the basic idea. The only issue I have now is do I make the Enlightened a 9 man blob and give the Exhalted Sorc a Disc. I think this makes them too much of a target.

Thoughts guys?

Follow me on Twitter! (at)Soulshade_

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

Updated the list, some errors with points calculation (hey it was late) and a few minor tweeks.

Battalion +3 Cp

HQ

[166] Ahriman on Disc - Warlord: Gift of Chaos, Infernal Gaze, Diabolic Strength

[112] Exhalted Sorcerer - Force Stave, Pistol, Helm of the 3rd Eye: Deathhex, Prescience

Troops

[150] 20 Tzaangor - Tzaangor Blades, Instrument

[112] 5 Rubrics - Bolters, Icon of Flame: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Tzeentches Firestorm

[112] 5 Rubrics - Bolters, Icon of Flame: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Doombolt

Elite

[174] Hellforged Contemptor - 2x Butchercannons, Havoc Launcher.

[238] 5 Scarab Occult - Combi Bolter, Power Swords, Hellfyre Missiles, Soulreaper cannon: Sgt - Forcestave, Combi bolter: Glamour of Tzeentch

Fast

[153] 9 Enlightened - Fatecaster bows

Spearhead Det +1 Cp

HQ

[180] Daemonprince - Wings, 2x Talons, Dark Matter Crystal: Flickering Flame, Warptime

Heavy

[150] Vortex Beast

Totals - 2000pts - 7cp - 105 pwr

So put Ahriman on his disc to aid with mobility. Dropped the Heldrake for a Contemptor with Butcher cannons. Mostly to make use of the Fire Frenzy strat.

Edited by Soulshade, 04 February 2018 - 08:35 PM.

Varyn

Varyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts

I believe that 5 rubrics with force stave and inferno pistol on sorcerer is 107 points.

• Soulshade likes this

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

I believe that 5 rubrics with force stave and inferno pistol on sorcerer is 107 points.

That it is, I forgot I had 10 points free at the end and gave both units Icons of Flame.  Updated the list

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

Ok new list. Had a practise game with the above list and it didnt go too well... need more ranged firepower. The obvious choice is still 3 Killshot predators....

Battalion +3 Cp

HQ

[166] Ahriman on Disc - Warlord: Gift of Chaos, Infernal Gaze, Diabolic Strength

[121] Exhalted Sorcerer - Force Stave, Pistol, Helm of the 3rd Eye: Deathhex, Prescience

Troops

[136] 18 Tzaangor - Tzaangor Blades, Instrument

[107] 5 Rubrics - Bolters: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Tzeentches Firestorm

[107] 5 Rubrics - Bolters: Sgt - Force stave, Pistol: Doombolt

Elite

[226] 5 Scarab Occult - Combi Bolter, Power Swords, Hellfyre Missiles: Sgt - Forcestave, Combi bolter: Glamour of Tzeentch

Fast

Spearhead Det +1 Cp

HQ

Heavy

[204] Defiler - Twin Lascannons, Battle cannon, Combi Bolter, Scourge

[204] Defiler - Twin Lascannons, Battle cannon, Combi Bolter, Scourge

[150] Vortex Beast

Totals - 1997pts - 7cp - 106 pwr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users