Death Guard - An homage to their original legion colours

Brother Desultor

And to close, here are the blister pack figures.

Biologus Putrifier:

gallery_81398_14170_132111.jpg

Foul Blightspawn:

gallery_81398_14170_70172.jpg

Icon Bearer:

gallery_81398_14170_141636.jpg

Nauseous Rotbone:

gallery_81398_14170_130038.jpg

Scribbus Wretch, the Tallyman:

gallery_81398_14170_189626.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look through this thread and for the interest shown. My apologies for the photo dump but I wanted to get the Death Guard done so I can take a break from disease and putrescence and go for a good old fashioned cleansing. Not sure what to go for next as there are so many projects on my desk, but this is it for the Death Guard for now.

AMAZING!!!  I love the rusted chipping effects.  They look just like I would picture DG in my mind....out of the putrescent fog....slowly, purposefully marching on an enemy position....the deafening roar of the accompanying swarms of plague flies....rusted relics of ages gone by, still 'alive' with intent to spread Grandfather's Blessings.  Very. Well. Done.

AMAZING!!!  I love the rusted chipping effects.  They look just like I would picture DG in my mind....out of the putrescent fog....slowly, purposefully marching on an enemy position....the deafening roar of the accompanying swarms of plague flies....rusted relics of ages gone by, still 'alive' with intent to spread Grandfather's Blessings.  Very. Well. Done.

Thank you - I really appreciate the compliment. And we appear to share the same mental image of their inexorable advance...

• 3 weeks later...

​I started working on my first PM in this scheme this week.  I bought the Vallejo Rust and Chipping box set at my local Hobby Lobby.  Put the various rust colors through the airbrush and began the process.  It is a bit tedious!  Fun, though.  I think it will turn out pretty good in the end....not quite on par with yours, but like you said, it gets better the more you do it.  I have to say thanks for the inspiration.  I always knew I wanted them looking nasty, I just didn't know how to go about doing it.  You're technique inspired it all!  The beginning steps are in my gallery, should you like to critique.

Archived