Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death Guard - An homage to their original legion colours

Death Guard 40K Nurgle

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

The Putrid One

The Putrid One

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts

Next is The Plague Brethren boxed set

gallery_81398_14170_307415.jpg

And the Plague Marines box:

gallery_81398_14170_134936.jpg   gallery_81398_14170_15595.jpg   gallery_81398_14170_41436.jpg

gallery_81398_14170_48973.jpg   gallery_81398_14170_87035.jpg   gallery_81398_14170_101879.jpg

gallery_81398_14170_117537.jpg

• Prot, DuskRaider and Dark Rage like this

Formally known as Brother Ophamion, now ripe with the fetid blessings of Grandfather Nurgle.

The Putrid One

The Putrid One

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts

And to close, here are the blister pack figures.

Biologus Putrifier:

gallery_81398_14170_132111.jpg

Foul Blightspawn:

gallery_81398_14170_70172.jpg

Icon Bearer:

gallery_81398_14170_141636.jpg

Nauseous Rotbone:

gallery_81398_14170_130038.jpg

Scribbus Wretch, the Tallyman:

gallery_81398_14170_189626.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look through this thread and for the interest shown. My apologies for the photo dump but I wanted to get the Death Guard done so I can take a break from disease and putrescence and go for a good old fashioned cleansing. Not sure what to go for next as there are so many projects on my desk, but this is it for the Death Guard for now.

• FearPeteySodes, DuskRaider, GreyRavenC and 1 other like this

Formally known as Brother Ophamion, now ripe with the fetid blessings of Grandfather Nurgle.

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,346 posts
Great army! Really like the level or weathering you have gone for.
  • The Putrid One likes this

The Putrid One

The Putrid One

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Thank you.

At some point I’ll be taking some better photos as I’m really not happy with how these current ones have turned out.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,434 posts
That box set group is so great. You’ve done a great job on them. The Putrifier is very realistic...love the effects.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

philsminions

philsminions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

AMAZING!!!  I love the rusted chipping effects.  They look just like I would picture DG in my mind....out of the putrescent fog....slowly, purposefully marching on an enemy position....the deafening roar of the accompanying swarms of plague flies....rusted relics of ages gone by, still 'alive' with intent to spread Grandfather's Blessings.  Very. Well. Done.

-Brother Phil

"Delight in swords and fists red with alien blood, and the dire ruin of savage battle."

The Putrid One

The Putrid One

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts

AMAZING!!!  I love the rusted chipping effects.  They look just like I would picture DG in my mind....out of the putrescent fog....slowly, purposefully marching on an enemy position....the deafening roar of the accompanying swarms of plague flies....rusted relics of ages gone by, still 'alive' with intent to spread Grandfather's Blessings.  Very. Well. Done.

Thank you - I really appreciate the compliment. And we appear to share the same mental image of their inexorable advance...

philsminions

philsminions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

​I started working on my first PM in this scheme this week.  I bought the Vallejo Rust and Chipping box set at my local Hobby Lobby.  Put the various rust colors through the airbrush and began the process.  It is a bit tedious!  Fun, though.  I think it will turn out pretty good in the end....not quite on par with yours, but like you said, it gets better the more you do it.  I have to say thanks for the inspiration.  I always knew I wanted them looking nasty, I just didn't know how to go about doing it.  You're technique inspired it all!  The beginning steps are in my gallery, should you like to critique.

• The Putrid One likes this
-Brother Phil

"Delight in swords and fists red with alien blood, and the dire ruin of savage battle."

Midnight Runner

Midnight Runner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,346 posts
One of the best Plaguemarine armies I have seen with the new stuff. They are brilliant, massive kudos :tu: :tu: :tu:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death Guard, 40K, Nurgle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users